good piece by alan pergament on moulds situation

dave mcbride

I just read that - there probably is more to the story than just Moulds' version - although I think MM really did drop the ball from a PR perspective regardless. He would have been much better off just explaining what happened and the whole thing would have been less of a circus IMO.

On last Sunday's pregame show, Mortensen reported that Moulds took himself out of the Miami game, refused to return and told receiver coach Tyke Tolbert, "I don't have to do what the head coach says." Mortensen added that at halftime Moulds listened to music instead of his coaches, never reported an injury to the trainer, and didn't show for a Monday meeting with Mularkey.

I think this is great news!

One bit of good news for tonight's Denver-Bills game on ESPN: We won't have to hear Joe Theismann. ESPN is sending its second team of Mike Tirico and Sterling Sharpe to cover the game. By the way, ESPN has announced that Mike Patrick and Paul Maguire will work college football games next season when Theismann does Monday Night Football with Al Michaels

Maybe all of our complaints about their coverage of the bills-pats sunday night game worked!

Steve

I think this is great news!

One bit of good news for tonight's Denver-Bills game on ESPN: We won't have to hear Joe Theismann. ESPN is sending its second team of Mike Tirico and Sterling Sharpe to cover the game. By the way, ESPN has announced that Mike Patrick and Paul Maguire will work college football games next season when Theismann does Monday Night Football with Al Michaels

Maybe all of our complaints about their coverage of the bills-pats sunday night game worked!

Theismann's doing MNF?

:o

Theismann's doing MNF?

:o

534847[/snapback]

Next year MNF is on ESPN. Dunno if Disney has made all of its final staffing decisions concerning what "talent" which will work each betwork/game. But as it stands, if no changes are made, that s#itball would be working MNF on ESPN.

Next year MNF is on ESPN.  Dunno if Disney has made all of its final staffing decisions concerning what "talent" which will work each betwork/game.  But as it stands, if no changes are made, that s#itball would be working MNF on ESPN.

Well it probably at best will be a 1-year thing, since Michaels will probably run him off the show quickly.

Well it probably at best will be a 1-year thing, since Michaels will probably run him off the show quickly.

534883[/snapback]

Well, if things stay as their are, Al will be on ABC on Sunday Night Football (with the ABC crew) and not MNF (which will be staffed by ESPN). But, I don't think Disney has made the FINAL decisions yet.

Well, if things stay as their are, Al will be on ABC on Sunday Night Football (with the ABC crew) and not MNF (which will be staffed by ESPN).  But, I don't think Disney has made the FINAL decisions yet.

534891[/snapback]

ESPN is getting MNF in a sideways switch w/in Disney Corp. ABC won't have any pro football. Agreed that Theismann won't last long w/ Michaels. It'll be two 'play-by-play' straight men butting heads and no one doing 'color.'

NBC is getting Sunday Night Football. That's where Madden is headed.

ESPN is getting MNF in a sideways switch w/in Disney Corp. ABC won't have any pro football. Agreed that Theismann won't last long w/ Michaels. It'll be two 'play-by-play' straight men butting heads and no one doing 'color.'

NBC is getting Sunday Night Football. That's where Madden is headed.

534952[/snapback]

D'oh! You know what"...I knew that...but posted before I had coffee. :o

Yes...yes...yes...

Well, it will be interesting. Al has managed tp work with many idiots over the years, but this will be a real test of his resolve.

D'oh!  You know what"...I knew that...but posted before I had coffee.  :o

Yes...yes...yes...

Well, it will be interesting.  Al has managed tp work with many idiots over the years, but this will be a real test of his resolve.

534973[/snapback]

What was ESPN's research telling them? I don't know of anyone who actually likes Theisman, thinks he's a good analyst, thinks he's funny, or even enteratining, except laughing at his futility. This has disaster written all over it. ESPN should have brought back Dan Fouts to MNF, but they have been long disserviced by the success of entertainers like Berman and Dan Patrick, and now choose that every time over a more serious and better choice. It ruined SportsCenter and a lot of their programming, although you can't argue too much with ESPN's bottom line. Still, Theisman isn't even liked, or funny or entertaining.

imo thiesman is better than madden....I can't stand that blabbering moron. They are both bad, but at least we won't have to hear madden trip over his words every 5 seconds.

534966[/snapback]

Don't know if you've watched since about Week Five of season. From the first halves (I can't make it past that, usually), Madden has been pretty good. The repetition and the bumbling have been at a minimum and he's offered some good insights.

I think it's got something to do with the addition of Sam Ryan (:o) as a hot sideline girl who actually knows something about the game. Maybe she puts some fire in his loins. Maybe it's some better games on MNF instead of 38-3 suck-fests.