Weather for tomorrow's game

HtownBillsFan

So how is it up there right now? We will be driving in from Hornell tomorrow. Will it be worth the trip or is Buffalo really supposed to get hit hard? I've looked at the weather channels but I want to from the proverbial "Horses mouth". Thanks!

Snow today (Fri) but supposed to taper off Saturday, especially by game time.  Please also take into account that the weatherman is always wrong.

534251[/snapback]

The lake efect machine started around mid-day - has been on/off all afternoon. It's "wintery" - but really nothing too out of the odinary for Upstate NY.

It is bad out now. cold and snowing/blowing. At 8:30 tomorrow night it wont be much better. Its too bad this game didnt have playof implications becuase that would be awesome- instead its to see if we get our 5th win.

534520[/snapback]

Right.

would anyone be willing to call me or text message me (Verizon cell) tomorrow around 2:30 to tell me what the weather is like up there tomorrow. We will be driving basically through the snowbelt, and if its going to be sh------- before, during, and after the game-it aint worth it to me. PM me if anyone is willing. Thanks in advance!

would anyone be willing to call me or text message me (Verizon cell) tomorrow around 2:30 to tell me what the weather is like up there tomorrow.  We will be driving basically through the snowbelt, and if its going to be sh------- before, during, and after the game-it aint worth it to me.  PM me if anyone is willing.  Thanks in advance!

534576[/snapback]

You either want to go, or you don't.

would anyone be willing to call me or text message me (Verizon cell) tomorrow around 2:30 to tell me what the weather is like up there tomorrow.  We will be driving basically through the snowbelt, and if its going to be sh------- before, during, and after the game-it aint worth it to me.  PM me if anyone is willing.  Thanks in advance!

534576[/snapback]

You could check live radar on these Buffalo stations WGRZ WIVB WKBW before you head out.

If you want PM me with you cell# but remember I might get busy with snow removal, parking, drinking, eating, in the lot and might forget to call you.

NOAA forecast as of 5 AM:

"Today: Periods of snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 33. West wind around 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Tonight: Occasional snow. Low around 21. West wind between 11 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible."

and

"Lake Effect Snow Warning

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BUFFALO NY

415 AM EST SAT DEC 17 2005

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL PERSIST DOWNWIND FROM LAKES ERIE AND

ONTARIO...

.LOW PRESSURE CENTERED OVER THE NORTHERN GREAT LAKES WILL CONTINUE

TO CIRCULATE COLD ACROSS LAKES ERIE AND ONTARIO TODAY AND TONIGHT.

THE LAKE EFFECT BANDS WILL PRODUCE SNOWFALL RATES OF UP TO AN INCH

PER HOUR AT TIMES...ESPECIALLY EAST OF LAKE ONTARIO. THE SNOW

BANDS WILL MEANDER A BIT THIS MORNING...BUT THEY WILL DRIFT SLOWLY

SOUTH THIS AFTERNOON AS SOUTHWEST WINDS BECOME MORE WESTERLY.

THE SNOW WILL BEGIN DIMINISHING IN INTENSITY BY SATURDAY EVENING

EAST OF LAKE ERIE...AND SUNDAY MORNING TO THE LEE OF LAKE

ONTARIO."

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapClick.php?...ate=NY&site=BUF

From this AM's Buffalo News: "Wind Shear ripped off the tops of the clouds and that did not lead to an organized lake effect snow system, most areas saw 3 to 5 inches instead of the predicted 12+ inches. Snow for the remainder of the day into tonight can't be ruled out."

When they talk inches instead of feet, it's no big deal at all. Right now, 15 minutes from RWS, it's snowing lightly. All the streets are plowed and salted, some may even be sanded for your driving pleasure. If you read the forecast carefully, you will notice words such as "Could, possible and chance". If they say, "you are all screwed, stay inside or else" then you worry a little bit, get a 12 pack and watch the game on TV.