Are Doritos really that good?

It annoys the crap out of me that stores refuse to take currency that is "Legal For All Debts, Public and Private".

534112[/snapback]

most bars in Western New York or most of Upstate would not let you buy a beer with a $100 note, they would send you to the Mini Mart to break it. This guy must have needed a drink, and I bet that is exactly what happened, he was trying to be polite by buying something so he had change to go back to the bar. I have done this myself (successfully w/o the gun of course, or DWI arrest)

I wouldn't do that for the regular nacho cheese kind, but if the clerk refused to sell me some Cool Ranch then I might just have to shoot the place up...

534131[/snapback]

It would take the spicier nacho for me to break out the weapons :doh:

most bars in Western New York or most of Upstate would not let you buy a beer with a $100 note, they would send you to the Mini Mart to break it. This guy must have needed a drink, and I bet that is exactly what happened, he was trying to be polite by buying something so he had change to go back to the bar. I have done this myself (successfully w/o the gun of course, or DWI arrest)

534127[/snapback]

Not sure what time bars close in Niagara county?... I don't think that they stay open later than they do in Erie county, which is about 0400... Right?

This incident happened at 0515.

:doh::lol: :lol:

Not sure what time bars close in Niagara county?... I don't think that they stay open later than they do in Erie county, which is about 0400... Right?

This incident happened at 0515.

:doh::lol: :lol:

534183[/snapback]

You're right. 5:15 AM. :lol: to me.

It annoys the crap out of me that stores refuse to take currency that is "Legal For All Debts, Public and Private".

534112[/snapback]

Good for the clerk.

Sure it is legal.

Just because it says it is legal, doesn't mean somebody has to take it.

Maybe they keep less change available for security reasons... Slidding the bulk of the money into an unlockable (at that hour) safe. What would happen if everybody started bringing in large bills... I am sure your supply of cash for change would be depleted. It is okay to set a policy about how much cash should be in the drawer... Dependent on store, location, hour of business, etc...

If you can't "break" the note... Then you can't accept the note.

They aren't refusing the sale. They are refusing to "break" the note.

You're right. 5:15 AM.   :doh: to me.

534187[/snapback]

That "Frito Bandito" with the assualt weapon was a real stroke.

What did he expect, that he was gonna kick, scream, and whine while he bandies about an assault weapon saying: "You gotta cash my C-note!"

Actually, he said nothing... Even worse.

Again, what a stroke.

:lol:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois