You know what really blows?

I was talking on the phone with my brother-in-law last night. For you noobies around here, he's a Dolphin fan. He was praising Nick Saban left and right, saying shiat like "I'm on the Nick Saban bandwagon, he's made me a believer! The guy can coach, etc..."

And all I could say was "you're right. your team has its sh-- together, not like the Bills."

What else can you say?

What a miserable thing it's been seeing this team slide into utter suckitude.

I was talking on the phone with my brother-in-law last night. For you noobies around here, he's a Dolphin fan. He was praising Nick Saban left and right, saying shiat like "I'm  on the Nick Saban bandwagon, he's made me a believer! The guy can coach, etc..."

And all I could say was "you're right. your team has its sh-- together, not like the Bills."

What else can you say?

533909[/snapback]

Sucks being us. :doh:

yeah...maybe...but I still see the Fish having no QB and slowly screwing themselves out of a high draft pick.  Plus they have an aging defense to boot.

There's lots of problems to go around.

533913[/snapback]

But good coaching and upper management can make up for that. Our current "brain trust" has made sucktitude an art form.

I was talking on the phone with my brother-in-law last night. For you noobies around here, he's a Dolphin fan. He was praising Nick Saban left and right, saying shiat like "I'm  on the Nick Saban bandwagon, he's made me a believer! The guy can coach, etc..."

What else can you say?

533909[/snapback]

You have no idea how bad- I have lived in Florida most of my life, and yes they picked a great coach. And it did not take them long afer last years debacle to rebound. THAT IS THE PART THAT BLOWS... great coach, great defensive free-agent pick-ups, good draft pick. All in one FRIGGIN YEAR!!

What else can you say?

533909[/snapback]

We were all saying the same thing about Mularky exactly one year ago!

You have no idea how bad- I have lived in Florida most of my life, and yes they picked a great coach. And it did not take them long afer last years debacle to rebound. THAT IS THE PART THAT BLOWS... great coach, great defensive free-agent pick-ups, good draft pick. All in one FRIGGIN YEAR!!

533923[/snapback]

I find it encouraging for next year. Bring on Ferentz!

We were all saying the same thing about Mularky exactly one year ago!

533937[/snapback]

Just what I was going to say. We were loving Mularkey at this point last year. Dolphins fans can turn on their coach faster than....well, faster than Bills fans can turn on theirs.

533909[/snapback]

I don't understand what he's done. He was supposed to be some big disciplinarian and tough guy--and yet his veteran team rings up 20 penalties a game and shoots itself in the foot on a regular basis. I'm not sure what Saban has done for that team. With or without him, they'd probably have the same record based on their talent. They have enough talent on offense--Chambers, Brown, McMichael, Ricky Williams--to upset a few teams, like San Diego.

Exactly.  The Bills dominated the Dols until they fell asleep, and that was IN Miami, and with the Bills being a bad team.  We'll see how things shake out next year.

533955[/snapback]

The Bills dominated with three TDs in the 1st quarter.

They were outplayed for the remainder of the game and totally collapsed in teh 4th quarter.

I don't understand what he's done. He was supposed to be some big disciplinarian and tough guy--and yet his veteran team rings up 20 penalties a game and shoots itself in the foot on a regular basis. I'm not sure what Saban has done for that team. With or without him, they'd probably have the same record based on their talent. They have enough talent on offense--Chambers, Brown, McMichael, Ricky Williams--to upset a few teams, like San Diego.

534006[/snapback]

so what's the Bills excuse?

The same can be said for them, but the Bills continue to implode.

yeah...maybe...but I still see the Fish having no QB and slowly screwing themselves out of a high draft pick.

533913[/snapback]

Is it always about the draft picks? You ever think that maybe winning some games and pulling off some upsets, say San Diego, might help out with chemistry in the team? Which would go a lot further than some high draft pick.

so what's the Bills excuse?

The same can be said for them, but the Bills continue to implode.

534044[/snapback]

I have no idea what the Bills' excuse is--the famous excuse of "they need to learn how to win" can only be used so many times. I think it's a combination of a few things: a few bad personnel decisions, bad playcalling, a few key injuries, grooming a rookie QB, some overall bad coaching--and it all blew up into this disaster of a season.

But my original point is that Saban isn't doing as great of a job as people are giving him credit for.

I have no idea what the Bills' excuse is--the famous excuse of "they need to learn how to win" can only be used so many times. I think it's a combination of a few things: a few bad personnel decisions, bad playcalling, a few key injuries, grooming a rookie QB, some overall bad coaching--and it all blew up into this disaster of a season.

But my original point is that Saban isn't doing as great of a job as people are giving him credit for.

534068[/snapback]

His team has played hard all year and have 3 in a row, incluidng 2 on the road on the West coast with an outside shot at having a winning record.

His running game is averaging over 4 yards / carry with an OL that was the worst in the league last year. (Looks like the Bills hired the wrong OL coach)

He is in charge of personnel so he is getting teh players that fit his system- too bad Teflon can't do the same. and his players have bought into the system in less than 1 year.

so yeah - he and his 1 year rebuilding plan really suck

What else can you say?

533909[/snapback]

I can relate. I am going through the same thing with my son inlaw.