Bryant Mckinnie charged in scandal

merlin

Fred Smoot charged with "Manipulation of a Sex Toy".  In this PC-era, no jokes please. Daunte Culpepper charged with "Receiving a Lap Dance". What the heck, 99.9% of the guy posters on this board would be locked up for 10 years if charged with each count of that.

533996[/snapback]

Very true.

The MW advocates may be rotting corpses but the McKinnie advocates are pretty smelly folks themselves based on the play and record of McKinnie's career..

533789[/snapback]

FFS, as you know, the Bills truly did need an offensive tackle in that particular draft. Had they selected McKinnie, he would still be our starting LT. Instead, TD opted to make a multi-millionaire out of a sloth who played RT.

TD made this unmotivated tub of lard the highest paid RT in the history of professional football. This, along with the selection of Roscoe Parrish rate as two of the dumbest moves I have ever seen by a General Manager of an NFL Football Team.

You are grasping at straws in this thread. McKinnie looked as if he would be the next Orlando Pace while in college. In a game vs. Syracuse, I watched BM absolutely destroy Freeney from start to finish.

Well, he will never be as good as Pace, but he IS doing a good job at LT for the Vikes. NFL.com tells us that the Vikes gave up no sacks at all last week. They are on a winning streak.

As this is happening, Mike Williams is out once again. Despite his unprecedented salary, he has played to the level of what one would expect of a 5th or 6th rouund pick. He is a total bust for his obscene salary, this on a rare good day.

Mike Williams IS somewhat better than was Marcus Spriggs (a 6th rounder), but he does not play even close to the level of McKinnie, nor will he ever.

The bottom, virtually indisputeable line is that McKinnie would have been a better draft selection than Fat Mike.

Much better.

FFS, as you know, the Bills truly did need an offensive tackle in that particular draft. Had they selected McKinnie, he would still be our starting LT. Instead, TD opted to make a multi-millionaire out of a sloth who played RT.

More than a few experts had MW rated higher than BM. And while BM probably WOULD be the Bills' starting LT now, he's just average enough and was drafted high enough for the Bills (and Vikes) to be a perennial tease and keep him around instead of improving. Kind of a John Fina type. At least the Bills are realizing this with MW. And no one wanted to trade up with the Bills. So if we're playing 20/20, the pick should have been Levi Jones, but it wasn't.

More than a few experts had MW rated higher than BM.  And while BM probably WOULD be the Bills' starting LT now, he's just average enough and was drafted high enough for the Bills (and Vikes) to be a perennial tease and keep him around instead of improving.  Kind of a John Fina type.  At least the Bills are realizing this with MW.  And no one wanted to trade up with the Bills.  So if we're playing 20/20, the pick should have been Levi Jones, but it wasn't.

534677[/snapback]

I strongly disagree and agree. :doh:

Fina sucked. He had a year or two in which he was average. Other than that, he was a friggin nightmare, and a costly one to boot. The man had ZERO push on running plays, and got out-muscled on pass plays. At the end of his dismal stay in Buffalo, he was also beaten to the outside. McKinnie is better right now than Fina ever was.

As for Jones, I do agree that he would have been the right choice, but remember; the Bengals did reach with that pick. Their correct guess is a key to their current success, and our selection of Fat Mike was perhaps the catalyst for our sorry state of affairs. ;)

Call me crazy, but imo, this can be fixed with the selection of a good LT in the draft, and by making Steve Hutchinson perhaps the highest paid OG in the NFL.

This is my dream for the Buffalo Bills Football Team.

I strongly disagree and agree.  :doh:

Fina sucked. He had a year or two in which he was average. Other than that, he was a friggin nightmare, and a costly one to boot. The man had ZERO push on running plays, and got out-muscled on pass plays. At the end of his dismal stay in Buffalo, he was also beaten to the outside. McKinnie is better right now than Fina ever was.

I meant he's like Fina in that he is enough of a tease and a 1st rounder and would make the Bills keep him around MUCH longer than he should have been.

As for Jones, I do agree that he would have been the right choice, but remember; the Bengals did reach with that pick. Their correct guess is a key to their current success, and our selection of Fat Mike was perhaps the catalyst for our sorry state of affairs.  ;)

Jones was considered a reach, but turned out not to be.

Call me crazy, but imo, this can be fixed with the selection of a good LT in the draft, and by making Steve Hutchinson perhaps the highest paid OG in the NFL.

Okay, you're crazy. I'd like Hutch, but making him the highest paid OG in the NFL is crazy. I'd rather go after a premier center like Bentley. A great center is the key to an O-line IMHO, along with a LT.