Why Not Challenge

davidlane

I have a question, I am surprised no one has brought this up. On the 4th and goal play I noticed that Travis extended the ball as he was stopped, and if you watched the replay it appeared that he possibly had the ball across the plane....but the replay was cut short because the Raiders were really quick to snap the ball. if you look close on the live shot you can even see Travis extending the ball, and it appears to be very close to being across. I don't know about you all, but I thought they should have challenged it.

I have a question, I am surprised no one has brought this up.  On the 4th and goal play I noticed that Travis extended the ball as he was stopped, and if you watched the replay it appeared that he possibly had the ball across the plane....but the replay was cut short because the Raiders were really quick to snap the ball.  if you look close on the live shot you can even see Travis extending the ball, and it appears to be very close to being across.  I don't know about you all, but I thought they should have challenged it.

38032[/snapback]

Welcome...nice first post. I also wondered that? Did they rule his forward progress stopped? If not the ball was extended over the plain as he was clearly not down yet.

Henry did get the ball across the plane but the whistles blew prematurely making it non- reviewable.....Once the whistles blow the play is dead....

Thats why there was no review..

38568[/snapback]

Thank you...I never heard anything about the whistle or progress stopped on TV.

I thought it was across also-- and was pissed that the replay was faded out just as he reached the ball over the plain.  He was still pushing the pile and his progress was not stopped.

38570[/snapback]

No. His back was towards the goal line, laying against a wall Raiders. That is when he took the ball and tried to extend it over the goal line.

He slipped, he never had a chance.

I guess I could buy the argument that his forward progress was stopped but I remember TD's "scored" by other teams against us where they ruled a guy was NOT down as long as he was still on top of the pile. Anyone else remember that?

Between that call and the non-safety call, it was a tough day of calls by the refs against us.

BTW, neither of the holding calls against us on special teams would have affected those respective plays at all.