Sabres up1-0

Beerball

Biron looked like Neo at the end of the first Matrix movie.  Like he was watching the puck come at him in slow motion.

And how cool was it when the crowd was chanting his name?

"MARTY!  MARTY!  MARTY!  MARTY!"

532766[/snapback]

How long has it been since the crowd chanted anything?

I think we can ride Marty as long as he's hot.

Biron looked like Neo at the end of the first Matrix movie.  Like he was watching the puck come at him in slow motion.

And how cool was it when the crowd was chanting his name?

"MARTY!  MARTY!  MARTY!  MARTY!"

532766[/snapback]

It was great to hear him get some support from the crowd.

I love the Neo analogy. Great visual.

that was the reason they lost that series..  the team came out so so flat...  they only had like 10 or 12 shots total..  terrible

532680[/snapback]

The problem wasn't that they came out flat. They came out too pumped up. The 1st 5 minutes they were absolutely flying around the Stars, but darn near every shot they took either hit a leg or the stick broke as they took the shot. After Dallas weathered the initial burst, then the Sabres looked flat or exhausted or something.

Buffalo did end up with only something like 12 shots, but Dallas blocked something like 20 shots, and in the only game I can ever remember seeing it, the Sabres broke at least 3 sticks in the 1st period, 2 on 1 powerplay IIRC. (Talk about being too pumped and also about gripping the stick too tight!)

How long has it been since the crowd chanted anything?

I think we can ride Marty as long as he's hot.

532768[/snapback]

Miller could possibly get a shot this weekend as they have a home-and-home with Pittsburgh on Friday night and Saturday evening. Marty probably won't play 2 games in 22 hours, so it will be either Mika or Miller in one of those.

Miller could possibly get a shot this weekend as they have a home-and-home with Pittsburgh on Friday night and Saturday evening.  Marty probably won't play 2 games in 22 hours, so it will be either Mika or Miller in one of those.

532939[/snapback]

If you're the Sabres, what do you do? Marty was a wall last night, had the Stars shaking their heads the entire third period. His value will never be higher. Once Miller is back one of them sits. Do they seriously explore a trade now? Do they have the stones to trade the hottest goalie in the league?

I would go for it, but that's just me talkin.

Miller could possibly get a shot this weekend as they have a home-and-home with Pittsburgh on Friday night and Saturday evening.  Marty probably won't play 2 games in 22 hours, so it will be either Mika or Miller in one of those.

532939[/snapback]

Mika ain't seeing the net anytime soon. The last loss put him deep in the dog house.

Mika ain't seeing the net anytime soon.  The last loss put him deep in the dog house.

532993[/snapback]

That's fitting, because he was dogsh*t in that game. However, the Sabres were set up to lose that one...Travel weary, game the night before, Sharks were amped up because of the Thornton trade...Mika was hung out to dry on a few of those goals, but neither he nor the team looked sharp at all. What's more impressive is the way they seemed to put that blowout immediately behind them and start another streak.

That's fitting, because he was dogsh*t in that game.  However, the Sabres were set up to lose that one...Travel weary, game the night before, Sharks were amped up because of the Thornton trade...Mika was hung out to dry on a few of those goals, but neither he nor the team looked sharp at all.  What's more impressive is the way they seemed to put that blowout immediately behind them and start another streak.

533123[/snapback]

First shot from Center Ice bounced in front of Mika and still hit the goalpost.

The guy is rusty. This team seems to be modelled on Buffalo's early 80's teams from Scotty Bowman days. Smallish defensemen active in the offensive zone (Housley, Virta), and 4 solid lines, Ruff is using the Guastad's line like Bowman used the old

Ramsey, Peterson, Ceiling line.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ruff gets to a situation where he alternates starts

with Biron-Miller like Bowman did with Edwards-Sauve, a tandem with league leading goals against.

That's fitting, because he was dogsh*t in that game.  However, the Sabres were set up to lose that one...Travel weary, game the night before, Sharks were amped up because of the Thornton trade...Mika was hung out to dry on a few of those goals, but neither he nor the team looked sharp at all.  What's more impressive is the way they seemed to put that blowout immediately behind them and start another streak.

533123[/snapback]

Oh, I'm not pissed at him. I knew we were toast going in because the Sharks are uber-talented and super motivated. He still pretty much sucked.

I'm curious to see how the Penguins react to Eddie O's firing on Friday night.

Why not Biron and Miller?

It isn't like we are dealing with anabolic egos here are we?

533301[/snapback]

How many games did it take Marty to get his act together? Not worried about egos, but if you have a chance to trade one top line player because you have another waiting in the wings why wait? Top value can be gotten now.

How many games did it take Marty to get his act together?  Not worried about egos, but if you have a chance to trade one top line player because you have another waiting in the wings why wait?  Top value can be gotten now.

533331[/snapback]

Injuries. Long season. Miller gets hurt again or doesn't return to form quickly, we're stuck with Noronen, who does not look good these days. Too bad he can't work himself back into game shape in Rochester.