This JP injury smacks of a HC who is fighting

nodnarb

The injury doesn't sound like a big deal. Suddenly Mularkey thinks that Holcomb gives his team the best chance to win, which was true all along (go ahead and hit me, JP apologists). He's going to try to win these games harder than ever because his job is probably on the line.

I think the Bills are going to come out playing hard. The playcalling will proabably be really good. As good as we've seen since the first patriots loss, which was the last game that had any offensive rhythm...

At this point, y'know...I think that I actually might prefer to see us lose. First time I've ever said that. But if winning and looking strong means we're stuck with Mularkey, then what will we have gained?

At this point, y'know...I think that I actually might prefer to see us lose. First time I've ever said that. But if winning and looking strong means we're stuck with Mularkey, then what will we have gained?

532422[/snapback]

I hate to say it, but there really is not much to be gained by winning.

I would love to see the team play well, but lose in close but uplifting games. Whatever that means.

I would much rather have the better draft choice at this point.

I would love to see the team play well, but lose in close but uplifting games.  Whatever that means.

532429[/snapback]

that is how i felt the last 3 Tuesdays. it's better that we lost. Sunday night sucks, Monday sucks, but by Tuesday you realize it is for the best that we lose.

this gives: no more Whitey, bye MM, better draft picks, and Ralph hopefully telling the new G.M. to fix the damn lines.

that is how i felt the last 3 Tuesdays. it's better that we lost. Sunday night sucks, Monday sucks, but by Tuesday you realize it is for the best that we lose.

this gives: no more Whitey, bye MM, better draft picks, and Ralph hopefully telling the new G.M. to fix the damn lines.

532439[/snapback]

Kirk Ferentz as a former OL coach should be the next HC.

The injury doesn't sound like a big deal. Suddenly Mularkey thinks that Holcomb gives his team the best chance to win, which was true all along (go ahead and hit me, JP apologists). He's going to try to win these games harder than ever because his job is probably on the line.

I think the Bills are going to come out playing hard. The playcalling will proabably be really good. As good as we've seen since the first patriots loss, which was the last game that had any offensive rhythm...

532422[/snapback]

Trying harder than ever?? The play calling will be really good??

Are you saying that prior to this, they were not trying their best? And they have some "really good" game plan that they only bring out when they think they are about to be fired??

Really, I don't understand how you've come up with this 0:)

532422[/snapback]

Can I ask what it is that you've seen that would make this happen? Other than script the first 15 offensive plays, what has Mularkey shown you that would suggest he can "turn it up a notch" now that the noose is around his neck? Also, other than Fletcher, Evans, Reed, Losman, who on this team is going to play hard? Moulds, now that his buddy is lining up over the center? I don't see it. I think you're going to see Mularkey running around like an idiot trying to fire up the team, and the response will be a lot of shrugged shoulders and blank stares. I know I'll be laughing.

Agreed. But you still have to let JP get his lumps. I agree that this is an explicit act to win the game, which should theoretically always be the underlying objective. But with the season practicall over and a young QB, one would think you should take your lumps while you can.

I think you'll see us play better.

Face it, Holcomb at this stage in Losmans career, is still better.

The offensive line, along with the play calling will look a lot better, because of KH's ability to lead the offense to sustained drives, IMO.

532579[/snapback]

Trying harder than ever??  The play calling will be really good??

Are you saying that prior to this, they were not trying their best?  And they have some "really good" game plan that they only bring out when they think they are about to be fired??

Really, I don't understand how you've come up with this  :blink:

532524[/snapback]

Thanks for saving me the time. ;)

Yeah, what he said.

I would love to see the team play well, but lose in close but uplifting games.  Whatever that means.

532429[/snapback]

No way....besides, what does a better draft pick buy us? Bush? Leinart? Young (who may not even turn pro)? Remember the last top 5 pick we got....Mike Williams. How's that working out?

I'd rather see this team win a game and at least make me feel good about something. A win Saturday night would make the Broncos sweat a bit for the AFC West division...at least make someone else feel a little nervous about their team.

The Bills don't need a high draft pick - it would be just another guy who wants a ton of money and *may* be a decent player in the league. They need the front office to make the right decisions.

Fine.

But let's say they do win the last 3? Does that NOT say something about Mularkey's coaching ability? About JP's progress and potential? About this team's real talent level?

Eh, forget it - they're gonna lose the next 3 regardless, and Mularkey will go down with the ship, so why get worked up?

No way....besides, what does a better draft pick buy us? Bush? Leinart? Young (who may not even turn pro)? Remember the last top 5 pick we got....Mike Williams. How's that working out?

I'd rather see this team win a game and at least make me feel good about something. A win Saturday night would make the Broncos sweat a bit for the AFC West division...at least make someone else feel a little nervous about their team.

The Bills don't need a high draft pick - it would be just another guy who wants a ton of money and *may* be a decent player in the league. They need the front office to make the right decisions.

532715[/snapback]

We also would have the option of trading down to pick up more players or picks if there is no one there that we want. The better the pick, the more options we would have.

I seriously doubt that there is much the Bills could do in the next three games that could make me feel better about the season.

I would love to see what the younger guys can do - particularly Roscoe and the young DBs. I would also like to see some of that smash mouth football that we were promised.

I went to the ticket office in August becuase I was so excited to get tickets to this game. Due to my obligations, a 1:00 Sunday game is near impossible for me to get to. This was going to be the first Bill's game for my two sons. The dissapointment just keeps coming in waves. The season is essentially over, and the game is meaningless. The players (based on last weeks showing) have already mentally left for the off-season, Now I don't even get to see Losman play.

Where did the TD Son of Satan thread go when I need it.

This su-diddly-ucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!