Saw Kong At a Midnight Show

Rico

WOW! Very impressive, very looooooong, but great stuff. I'm still not sure if Jackson didn't miscast (particularly Jack Black, but also Brody & Watts too) but the overall effect was quite stunning. Very scary in some scenes (both the natives and the pre-historic monsters), you may want to think twice before bringing little kids. Big thumbs up! :doh:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Very impressive, very looooooong, but great stuff. I'm still not sure if Jackson didn't miscast (particularly Jack Black, but also Brody & Watts too) but the overall effect was quite stunning. Very scary in some scenes (both the natives and the pre-historic monsters), you may want to think twice before bringing little kids. Big thumbs up! :doh:

532084[/snapback]

Jack Black's schtick has gone from brilliant to cartoon pretty quick for me. Looking forward to a Pagan-day viewing of this, though, despite the inclusion of the short fat no-longer-funny one. Roar.

532084[/snapback]

The local radio guy in Cincy who is a very straight-shooter re reviews and gets flown out to L.A. for previews, gave it a most impressive recommendation. IIRC, he said the first 45 minutes or so drones a bit, but after that...woof.

The local radio guy in Cincy who is a very straight-shooter re reviews and gets flown out to L.A. for previews, gave it a most impressive recommendation.  IIRC, he said the first 45 minutes or so drones a bit, but after that...woof.

532116[/snapback]

Yeah, I plan on seeing it again at least once more during it's run... but I'll wait about that time before entering the theater.

Jack Black's schtick has gone from brilliant to cartoon pretty quick for me.  Looking forward to a Pagan-day viewing of this, though, despite the inclusion of the short fat no-longer-funny one.  Roar.

532103[/snapback]

Though I have to say he stamped it pretty well in "Shallow Hal," which I enjoyed much more than I thought I would. The scene with him dancing with the ugly chicks on the dance floor while Costanza is watching from upstairs is ridiculously wetcherpants funny. I also enjoyed "Saving Silverman," though it was Steve Zahn who really made that flick for me. The Neil Diamond kidnapping was over the top, but having them all in concert with him at the end was great...almost as good as the Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner and Danny Devito gig with Billy Ocean doing "When The Going Gets Tough."

Though I have to say he stamped it pretty well in "Shallow Hal," which I enjoyed much more than I thought I would. The scene with him dancing with the ugly chicks on the dance floor while Costanza is watching from upstairs is ridiculously wetcherpants funny.  I also enjoyed "Saving Silverman," though it was Steve Zahn who really made that flick for me. The Neil Diamond kidnapping was over the top, but having them all in concert with him at the end was great...almost as good as the Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner and Danny Devito gig with Billy Ocean doing "When The Going Gets Tough."

532269[/snapback]

Absolutely. Thus the brilliant part. But it's gotten old. I'm interested to see how he pulls off a role where he's not a fat loser with rock-star dreams. It's like watching myself up there. 0:)

I heard on the radio, 3 hours and 10 minutes. Do they have an intermission? There have been wars fought in less time. I had thought about going to see it, but this might be a wait for the rental.

532559[/snapback]

3 hours and 10 minutes. There are very few things I like doing that long that don't involve alcohol and cigars.

3 hours and 10 minutes. There are very few things I like doing that long that don't involve alcohol and cigars.

532562[/snapback]

Since by the time it's done and over with, you spend 40 bucks on a movie (as opposed to about a two and a quarter when I was a kid...) I guess one could say they get their money's worth.

Don't get me wrong, I've heard nothing but good - but that is a long movie.

How many minutes of previews? I try to time it so I miss the first 10 minutes of commercials at least.

532507[/snapback]

HA! That was the best part of seeing at midnight (11:59PM, to be exact)... only 1 preview! :blink: It was for Denzel & Jodie Foster's new movie about a bank robbery. Still left the theater after 3 AM. 0:) , good thing I'm off this week.

I heard on the radio, 3 hours and 10 minutes. Do they have an intermission? There have been wars fought in less time. I had thought about going to see it, but this might be a wait for the rental.

532559[/snapback]

NO intermission... like I said, it's looong. Once they hit hit Skull Island though, the movie takes off (just like the original).

So...it's good for the medium 8 dollar popcorn and the big 6 dollar coke combo?

532598[/snapback]

Yep. Good popcorn movie, but I still had some coke left at the end. 0:) Cheap night for me, my girlfriend didn't want to go, so I went with buddies & I had a free ticket (inside Frighteners DVD). :blink:

HA! That was the best part of seeing at midnight (11:59PM, to be exact)... only 1 preview! :blink: It was for Denzel & Jodie Foster's new movie about a bank robbery. Still left the theater after 3 AM. 0:) , good thing I'm off this week.

532588[/snapback]

3 AM is one of those really weird times. For one reason or another, you are either just coming in - you just woke up from a bad dream - or you are going fishing.

3 AM is one of those really weird times. For one reason or another, you are either just coming in - you just woke up from a bad dream - or you are going fishing.

532621[/snapback]

That just happens to be the time my favorite infomerical is on tv.

I was into the Magic Bullet, but now I'm into Time-Life "The 70's" collection

with Greg Brady.

That just happens to be the time my favorite infomerical is on tv.

I was into the Magic Bullet, but now I'm into Time-Life "The 70's" collection

with Greg Brady.

532657[/snapback]

I don't sleep either. Too many people here know where I live.