Jerk Nation should be coach!

Fezmid

The old saying goes, "The day you start listening to the fans is the day you're sitting with them." Well, why not let the fans coach the team! I suggest equipping all of the seats at the Ralph with buttons (similar to "Who Wants to be a Millionaire"). Every play, there's 4 or 5 options -- "Run right," "pass middle," "trick play," etc. Whichever play gets the most votes in the stadium gets run! You don't have to pay for a head coach (or maybe just offesnsive/defensive coordinators), you guarantee a sellout every game (come on, who wouldn't want to help control the team???). To top it off, we'd get MAJOR national media attention - something people here complain that there's a lack of. It's a win-win situation!

CW

The old saying goes, "The day you start listening to the fans is the day you're sitting with them."  Well, why not let the fans coach the team!  I suggest equipping all of the seats at the Ralph with buttons (similar to "Who Wants to be a Millionaire").  Every play, there's 4 or 5 options -- "Run right," "pass middle," "trick play," etc.  Whichever play gets the most votes in the stadium gets run!  You don't have to pay for a head coach (or maybe just offesnsive/defensive coordinators), you guarantee a sellout every game (come on, who wouldn't want to help control the team???).  To top it off, we'd get MAJOR national media attention - something people here complain that there's a lack of.  It's a win-win situation!

CW

531313[/snapback]

So, let me get this straight. You're suggesting that on 3rd and 1, you want the fans to choose between:

1. Fake a QB sneak then throw a lateral to the running back.

2. Pass to Shelton in the flat.

3. Call the 95 eligible.

4. The ole' Bledsoe Bootleg.

5. Let Roscoe throw it.

Sorry, but I don't think fans are qualified to choose.

So, let me get this straight.  You're suggesting that on 3rd and 1, you want the fans to choose between:

1. Fake a QB sneak then throw a lateral to the running back.

2. Pass to Shelton in the flat.

3. Call the 95 eligible.

4. The ole' Bledsoe Bootleg.

5. Let Roscoe throw it.

Sorry, but I don't think fans are qualified to choose.

531464[/snapback]

No, see those would all fall under "trick play." Someone on the sidelines could decide specifically which trick play to run.

Jerk Nation would be presented the following:

1. Run the ball

2. Pass the ball short

3. Pass the ball deep

4. Kick a field goal (just in case)

5. Trick play

And everyone would push 1. :P

It's just so crazy, it just might work. :P

CW

No, see those would all fall under "trick play."  Someone on the sidelines could decide specifically which trick play to run.

Jerk Nation would be presented the following:

1. Run the ball

2. Pass the ball short

3. Pass the ball deep

4. Kick a field goal (just in case)

5. Trick play

And everyone would push 1.  :P

It's just so crazy, it just might work. :P

CW

531467[/snapback]

Have you read Easterbrook's pieces about the experts on yahoo always losing to the fans - the theory that the masses collectively know more than the experts?

No, I havn't...

531476[/snapback]

some of his stuff is pretty good...on yahoo, they compare the experts records in picking games and such and they also have the fans in there as well, with the poll where the majority of voters decide the outcome. The fans are doing pretty good, and consistently do better than the experts. I could easily find 50 fans who would make much better football analysts than the "experts"