I know who SHOULD be our next HC

macaroni

Mike Williams ........ now hear me out .......

By not cutting him we don't waste dead cap money.

He's just sitting on the bench, we are paying his travel expenses and his per diem to travel with the team anyway.

He can contribute to the team just as well as a head coach as he can as a lineman.

At our current pace we will be getting a new coach in two years anyway.

He seems to be a real personable funny guy so atleast the post game press conferences will be entertaining.

:doh:

what? are you crazy? I nominate......

Captain Lou Albano!!!!!

For the nearly forty years that Capt. Lou Albano was involved in professional wrestling, be it as a wrestler or manager, he created controversy, excitement, and in many cases, genuine hatred from the audiences he performed for. For a man who, by his own admission, was not a tremendous wrestler Albano certainly made a huge impact in the "sport" and was, for many years, one of the most well-known cross over celebrities that wrestling had to offer. His vaudevillian style approach to cutting interviews, combined with his over-the-top personality and ring persona made Albano one of the most hated managers of all time. Later in his career, Albano transformed that intense hatred into babyface popularity, and became one of the most beloved figures in wrestling. In either case, the rowdy Captain made the fans care about him, which, in the wrestling business, is all that really matters.

what?  are you crazy?  I nominate......

Captain Lou Albano!!!!!

For the nearly forty years that Capt. Lou Albano was involved in professional wrestling, be it as a wrestler or manager, he created controversy, excitement, and in many cases, genuine hatred from the audiences he performed for.  For a man who, by his own admission, was not a tremendous wrestler Albano certainly made a huge impact in the "sport" and was, for many years, one of the most well-known cross over celebrities that wrestling had to offer.  His vaudevillian style approach to cutting interviews, combined with his over-the-top personality and ring persona made Albano one of the most hated managers of all time.  Later in his career, Albano transformed that intense hatred into babyface popularity, and became one of the most beloved figures in wrestling.  In either case, the rowdy Captain made the fans care about him, which, in the wrestling business, is all that really matters.

531000[/snapback]

I don't know about Albano for HC ........ he strikes me more of a front office guy .... now Albano for GM ...... that's an idea I can get behind ...... but nawwww ... I don't think he'd cut it as HC.

Captain Lou Albano!!!!!

For the nearly forty years that Capt. Lou Albano was involved in professional wrestling, be it as a wrestler or manager, he created controversy, excitement, and in many cases, genuine hatred from the audiences he performed for.  For a man who, by his own admission, was not a tremendous wrestler Albano certainly made a huge impact in the "sport" and was, for many years, one of the most well-known cross over celebrities that wrestling had to offer.  His vaudevillian style approach to cutting interviews, combined with his over-the-top personality and ring persona made Albano one of the most hated managers of all time.  Later in his career, Albano transformed that intense hatred into babyface popularity, and became one of the most beloved figures in wrestling.  In either case, the rowdy Captain made the fans care about him, which, in the wrestling business, is all that really matters.

531000[/snapback]

Dude, you just made my day- I havent laughed like that in a long time.

The "GuidingLight" was the manager of champions for years!!

Captain Lou Albano!!!!!

531000[/snapback]

Only if Vince McMahon becomes president/GM... he's already got football experience running the XFL. :doh:

Captain Lou Albano!!!!!

531000[/snapback]

I nominate this reply for the best thread entry for weeks on TSW. Cpt Lou Albano man now that brings back some memories. What about the Shiek and his manager the weazel.

Captain Lou Albano!!!!!

531000[/snapback]

Wasn't Lou the guy with all the rubber bands stuck in his face? Would Cindy Lauper be part of this package?

Don't overlook Bobby "The Brain" Heanan as a potential GM! :doh:

Captain Lou Albano!!!!!

531000[/snapback]

Yeah, like you wrote that crap on your own. When you steal a quote at least dummy it down to your normal level of BS.

:P

Wasn't Lou the guy with all the rubber bands stuck in his face?  Would Cindy Lauper be part of this package?

Don't overlook Bobby "The Brain" Heanan as a potential GM! :P

531108[/snapback]

:P yeah Cindy would be part of it...

"Hey, he speaks pretty well for a guy who just ate 2 lbs of crackers." -- Bobby H on Lou Ferigno's speech impediment