Pat Williams has an attitude this year

Fezmid

Nose tackle Pat Williams said Vikings opponents "are in trouble now" and expressed disdain for Pittsburgh running back Jerome Bettis: "I've run through the Bus plenty of times," Williams said. "He ain't really no problem."

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5778895.html

I guess he's only afraid of Willie Parker, not the Bus. :doh:

http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=250102002

CW

The only way TD looks bad for the Bledsoe thing is if he had had a line here in buffalo to allow him to act the statue. The Pat Williams thing was a crap shoot and he lost.

How bad does Donahoe look right now though? Pat Williams and Drew Bledsoe will be in the probowl, while we cant stop the run or throw the football.

Pat Williams has a HUGE mouth.  Didnt he say Ricky Williams would get no yards before the game Ricky ran for like 240 on us.

How bad does Donahoe look right now though?  Pat Williams and Drew Bledsoe will be in the probowl, while we cant stop the run or throw the football.

530952[/snapback]

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5778895.html

I guess he's only afraid of Willie Parker, not the Bus.  :doh:

http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=250102002

CW

530932[/snapback]

After watching him in Minnesota this past week when I went to the game, he's one of the main reasons for their recent success on defense. I don't know about the way he talks but his play this season has been at pro bowl level.

The only way TD looks bad for the Bledsoe thing is if he had had a line here in buffalo to allow him to act the statue.  The Pat Williams thing was a crap shoot and he lost.

531028[/snapback]

I think that is Donahoe excuse number 379A if my excuse-o-meter is not on the fritz.

I know, that is a little unfair. After all, he did take us from 3-13 to 4-9 in only 5 short years. Patience.

The only way TD looks bad for the Bledsoe thing is if he had had a line here in buffalo to allow him to act the statue.  The Pat Williams thing was a crap shoot and he lost.

531028[/snapback]

I disagree...I do not think the Cowboys line is that great. I think DB is playing within himself, and has a coach who puts him in a scheme where he can be successful.

I disagree...I do not think the Cowboys line is that great.  I think DB is playing within himself, and has a coach who puts him in a scheme where he can be successful.

531039[/snapback]

The Cowboys and their fans must be happy to have a coach who actually knows what he is doing.

LOL...the funny part is...I do not think the Boys have more talent than we do.  I think it is coaching.

531046[/snapback]

I totally agree with you. Parcells would have our team competing for a playoff spot.

He also would not have made some of the personnel blunders that TD has.

TD wouldn't pay the extra 1.5M/year for a known All Pro caliber DL. Facing Adams and Wiliams is a lot tougher than Anderson and Sape/Bannon. Second and third and 1 is a lot easier to convert than 3rd and 8. Yes, that's how one player leaving has a major effect. You can fill in at CB a lot easier than a top notch DL. Pay a bit more money for the OL and DL.

TD wouldn't pay the extra 1.5M/year for a known All Pro caliber DL. 

531081[/snapback]

Uh, $13 million over three years with a $6.5 million signing bonus is not paying "$1.5M extra" to keep Fat Pat...incentives could make it worth $15 million or $5 million per year. No thanks.

http://vikings.scout.com/2/347999.html

P.S. last I heard PW had never made the Pro Bowl, so I'm not sure how "known" he was as an All Pro caliber player.

I disagree...I do not think the Cowboys line is that great.  I think DB is playing within himself, and has a coach who puts him in a scheme where he can be successful.

531039[/snapback]

There you got it my friend.....MM has never put DB in a position to make plays

nor has give JP a chance to make plays.....The biggest gripe I had with DB was

that he held on to the ball too long, trying to make plays downfield....and took

too many sacks.....

This coaching staff has to go.....Jerry Gray has not figured how to stop teams

on 3rd and long for 5 years.....He might have the best blitzing defense....but

if you cannot stop the opponent on 3rd and long....then you are toast....

There you got it my friend.....MM has never put DB in a position to make plays

nor has give JP a chance to make plays.....The biggest gripe I had with DB was

that he held on to the ball too long, trying to make plays downfield....and took

too many sacks.....

Interestingly -- Bledsoe has been sacked only 6 times more than JPL this season, and JPL has been sacked for more yards than DB. If that doesn't scream "OL," I don't know what does. To break that down even further, DB is sacked 7% of all dropbacks (excluding runs), whereas JPL is sacked 10% of all dropbacks (excluding runs - times he has to scramble would probably increase that percentage). KH is sacked 8% of all dropbacks.

You have to feel sorry for David Carr -- he's been sacked 61 times - the next highest total is 33 by Brooks of the Saints. :P

CW

i really miss big pat!peeps always say he wasnt in on 3rd downs but thats cause he helped stop the run on 1st and 2nd and the other team would be in a long 3rd down passing mode.and this is why i cant stand td letting players like pat go .he was loved here and that type of player is hard to find.we coulda paid him

The Vikings nice run of wins over scrub teams (sans the special teams collapse of the Giants) is about to come to a screeching halt against the motivated Steelers.  Welcome to your come-uppance, Pat.  Now you have to face a real team, not the Lions, Browns, or Packers.

531518[/snapback]

He got used to beating up scrubs and win streaks here last season. :P