Van Miller Interviewed on Denver Radio

BenchBledsoe

That's IF JP plays. Now he's questionable. One thing we forgot in our analysis during this thread is that JP appears somewhat injury-prone.

531402[/snapback]

:P:P:D:P:lol::lol::lol::lol:

1 freak injury in training camp, and now hes hurting after the ass beating the pats put on him and you say hes injury prone? a few more good ones like that and you'll be opening for chris rock...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get through all these posts but some of you are nuts to be unconcerned about JP's accuracy.  He has played 8 or 9 games and I still don't know whether he will be decent or just another Rob Johnson?!?  He's not even as good as Johnson yet.  When he gets time he needs to step up and show some accuracy.  A few bombs are about all we've seen and I'm starting to think those were an aberration.  The short and mid-range throws will make or break him.

Agreed. Rob Johnson could make the throws, he just couldn't stay on the field or avoid the sack. Losman reminds me of a slower Michael Vick. A guy with a strong arm who can be dangerous in the passing game, but who is too erratic to do what Tom Brady does.

As for what to fix . . . this team is two years away from being good. By the end of those two years, the Bills need to have become elite along both lines, and at QB. If they do that, and if everyone else on the team is at least decent, they'll be able to do something.

As for what to fix . . . this team is two years away from being good. By the end of those two years, the Bills need to have become elite along both lines, and at QB. If they do that, and if everyone else on the team is at least decent, they'll be able to do something.

531622[/snapback]

I'd clarify that at 1-2 years. I think that it is possible to make huge steps forward at head coach, offensive line, and defense (all the way to average in the case of the last two) in just one year with some well-timed moves.

JDG

I'd clarify that at 1-2 years.    I think that it is possible to make huge steps forward at head coach, offensive line, and defense (all the way to average in the case of the last two) in just one year with some well-timed moves.

No doubt you're right, and this team could easily be 8-8 or 9-7 next year with the right moves. But when I wrote the team could "do something," I meant "it could do something worth doing." As in, it could have just about as good a chance as anyone to win some playoff games.

2) MOST IMPORTANTLY: Van said that JP's good throws have been "rare". He used the word "rare". His take was that JP DOES NOT have the accuracy to be a starting NFL QB. Good reads and decision making could come with time, but accuracy is more of a God-given thing, and according to Van, JP just simply doesn't possess the natural ability.

The 2nd point really should concern all of us. The Denver hosts (after Van hung up) said that in the era of salary cap football, the Bills cannot go into next year with JP as their starting QB. I found that comment to be going a bit overboard. However, if the Bills have a shot at Leinart, these hosts think they should take it.

530830[/snapback]

I've heard both ron jaworski and steve young say that accuracy is correctable thru improving mechanics. They weren't talking about JP specifically, but were making the point that with coaching, a QB with a good arm and below avg. accuracy is a better option than a QB with good accuracy and a weak arm...because accuracy can be improved. I think at least one of these was talking about Bledsoe last year. Hopefully they are right. I like JP, and think he has lots of potential, but he has missed on a lot of throws this year...some b/c of pressure, some not.