McGahee - Will He Still Be Here In 2 Years ?

Mark VI

#21 A Long Term Player For The Bills ?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. #21 A Long Term Player For The Bills ?

• Yes
    • No

The Jets got Ellis and Abraham in a draft where they had four #1s after trading Keyshawn to Tampa.  That draft where they traded down with St. Louis was when they got Farrior.  Also, when the Jets drafted Abraham, etc, they were already good coming off the Parcells years.

530706[/snapback]

Thanks for the clarification, but my point remains the same. They drafted Ellis and Abraham in the same year.

Much of the success they did enjoy was due to having extra first day picks, and making some solid choices.

Btw, I am not saying that this is the only way to build a team. It is simply a very good way to build a solid foundation. Paup and TW were instrumental in making the Bills defense a very good unit and they were both signed as UFAs, as was Martin (RFA) by the jests.

That said, I am thinking that there is no substitute for a solid draft.

With the Henry trade, we already have two 3rd round picks. Trading down in Round 1 could garner us another 3rd rounder.

530717[/snapback]

Or more. We gave up a 2nd and a 5th for Losman and lost a few 1st round slots in the process.

Also, the year we took Clements, we got a 2nd for moving from 14th to 21st as I recall.

Additionally, your point is well taken about Alexander and James. We could also throw Dillon (picked up for a 2nd) into the mix, but those guys are a bit older. I don't think a 1st would be totally out of the question for Willis.

We DID get an early 3rd for Travis, so I am thinking anything is possible. I learned MY lesson. :doh::w00t: