No cookie for Tookie

Beerball

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's possible.  I also think it's rare.  I also think "I'm a changed man, and see now that I deserve to be punished for what I did" is probably a lot more sincere than "I'm a changed man, don't hurt me."

530272[/snapback]

and therein lies the heart of the problem... too bad that people have been brainwashed to glaze over this fact.

Yes.

If it were someone in my family I'd pray that the Lord would give me the strength to endure whatever I had to endure and give me the grace to forgive. I was raised that way. I just pray I never have to go thru something like that.

530280[/snapback]

I'd want to personally push the plunger, and look in their eyes while I did so, and that's because we are now "humane". If someone took away from me like that, for no reason other than they valued so little the life of others...I'd want a small knife, and about 48 hours, and a few boxes of salt.

I can write Children's Books (with a co-author..for a children's book?)

530265[/snapback]

I'd want to personally push the plunger, and look in their eyes while I did so, and that's because we are now "humane". If someone took away from me like that, for no reason other than they valued so little the life of others...I'd want a small knife, and about 48 hours, and a few boxes of salt.

530286[/snapback]

sounds like you have a plot for you children's book

I think it's possible.  I also think it's rare.  I also think "I'm a changed man, and see now that I deserve to be punished for what I did" is probably a lot more sincere than "I'm a changed man, don't hurt me."

My sister, though, who has a lot of experience with these 'Praise the Lord' Mother!@#$ers, thinks otherwise.  And she's on their side.

530272[/snapback]

Yeah, it's possible. Hell, I'll even say it's very possible. But the fact that they've learned to close their eyes and mimic Billy Graham's preaching voice doesn't change the fact that he killed four (and likely more) people. B/c he now believes in an invisible entity, a murderer is supposed to get a pass?

I'm more of an Old Testament guy, myself.

If he was against gangs , he would talk about gang activity in prison to the corrections officers, he's against talking because he would be a snitch, thats not helping....His supposed former gang the crips are wheeling and dealing junk all over the U.S. in the process he is indirectly responsible many more deaths and troubled neighborhoods....I normally do not advocate the death penalty, in this case, he needs to go way to much destruction in his wake...

Yes.

If it were someone in my family I'd pray that the Lord would give me the strength to endure whatever I had to endure and give me the grace to forgive. I was raised that way. I just pray I never have to go thru something like that.

530280[/snapback]

I have no problem forgiving. In fact I do not judge his life as CTM does by calling him a born again Praise the Lord MF. However, I can and do judge his actions and his actions show that he not only committed murder once, but on at least 4 different occassions. That shows a pattern of crime that must be punished. As Jesus says if you break Caesers Laws then you must be punished according to those laws.

As Jesus says if you break Caesers Laws then you must be punished according to those laws.

530362[/snapback]

Does he? I don't think he ever said anything like this.

Unless you mean "render unto Ceasar the things that belong to Ceasar"

Does he? I don't think he ever said anything like this.

Unless you mean "render unto Ceasar the things that belong to Ceasar"

530370[/snapback]

That to a point, however, I was thinking of Paul as an Apostle who is preaching the Lords word:

For [the governing authority] is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. Rom. 13:4

That to a point, however, I was thinking of Paul as an Apostle who is preaching the Lords word:

For [the governing authority] is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. Rom. 13:4

530379[/snapback]

Ahh, Roman's 13. I have been trying to find early Scholastic commentaries on it from the 12th century, but they largely ignored it as far as I can tell.

530286[/snapback]

limbs and joints broken one at a time

i promise not to shed any blood

Add this to the you never know where useless knowledge will come from' file...I learned in one of the reports about Tookie that the original name for the crips was the cribs. The drugged/drunk members often slurred the name into something sounding like crips and the name stuck.