No cookie for Tookie

Beerball

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took, Took Tookie, don't cry...

Some of his own recent statements, and actions other than writing "Children's Books" and preaching "Non-Violence" (which, BTW is sort of easy to do once you get caught and are sitting on death row) are at the very least, suspect.

I hope California behaves itself. Thank you media, Jesse, and everyone for blowing this out of proportion. If, God forbid there be a violent backlash, I'm sure it will be because a guy who shot a face down man twice in the back with a shotgun, for no real reason, then went on to kill another three for less than a hundred dollars, once in prison, said "Oh, I'm a good guy now!"

Go meet up with Carla Faye, and swap stories. Bet y'all have some good ones.

I'm still reeling over that one. I think they both should have been granted clemency.......but, that's just me.  :(

530234[/snapback]

:)

let them have daily tea parties with Charlie right. Oh they are so misunderstood. They had to do it. Society is to blame. :D

I'm still reeling over that one. I think they both should have been granted clemency.......but, that's just me.  :D

530234[/snapback]

Carla Faye...maybe, since she's demonstrably sick.

Tookie? A gang-banger who killed four people, then became a "'Praise The Lord' Mother!@#$er" (my sister's - the defense attorney - name for prison conversions) on death row? Because...?

I'm still reeling over that one. I think they both should have been granted clemency.......but, that's just me.  :D

530234[/snapback]

Big difference between you and me. You ever think about the people they killed, and the impact that had on the lives of those who loved them, and counted on them?

I can write Children's Books (with a co-author..for a children's book?) Especially while in prison. Were it your family, what would you think then?

TV makes it all someone else. Until it happens to us.

Tookie?  A gang-banger who killed four people, then became a "'Praise The Lord' Mother!@#$er" (my sister's - the defense attorney - name for prison conversions) on death row?  Because...?

530262[/snapback]

You don't think that's possible?

Alas, he's probably killed more than 4 people. Just a guess after reading some books on the Crips.

Alas, he's probably killed more than 4 people. Just a guess after reading some books on the Crips.

530269[/snapback]

I think it's possible. I also think it's rare. I also think "I'm a changed man, and see now that I deserve to be punished for what I did" is probably a lot more sincere than "I'm a changed man, don't hurt me."

My sister, though, who has a lot of experience with these 'Praise the Lord' Mother!@#$ers, thinks otherwise. And she's on their side.

530269[/snapback]

If you were to ask them, how many "guilty" people are in prison? Probably not many. They were framed, and didn't do it. And, that is after about their 15th offense where they got pleaded down.

You ever think about the people they killed, and the impact that had on the lives of those who loved them, and counted on them?

Were it your family, what would you think then?

530265[/snapback]

Yes.

If it were someone in my family I'd pray that the Lord would give me the strength to endure whatever I had to endure and give me the grace to forgive. I was raised that way. I just pray I never have to go thru something like that.

I think it's possible.  I also think it's rare.  I also think "I'm a changed man, and see now that I deserve to be punished for what I did" is probably a lot more sincere than "I'm a changed man, don't hurt me."

My sister, though, who has a lot of experience with these 'Praise the Lord' Mother!@#$ers, thinks otherwise.  And she's on their side.

530272[/snapback]

Fair enough. :D