I think this bears watching...

Since you insist on drawing a parallel to the other side of the wall, the issues that ail this football franchise are more closely aligned with draft failures in 2000 and 2002, along with questionable QB moves from 1998 onwards, then they do with events that happened in 2005. 

But just like you do with Bush, it's easier to hold Roscoe Parrish as the root of all evils, because he's the most recent failure.

533896[/snapback]

Yup..and Bush was president all of those years. To push the parallel the Commander of Chief of the Bills during most of the years before Bush was...let me check...Marv Levy...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup..and Bush was president all of those years.  To push the parallel the Commander of Chief of the Bills during most of the years before Bush was...let me check...Marv Levy...

533900[/snapback]

Bush was inaugurated in January 2001.

There were numerous alerts under both administrations that should have tipped them off. Both failed.

Bush was inaugurated in January 2001.

There were numerous alerts under both administrations that should have tipped them off.  Both failed.

533903[/snapback]

Even assuming your argument to be true for the purposes of this thread...my point is that after 9/11 it was even more tragically apparent that the intelligence gathering function was flawed and should be fixed. Its 2005 and if anything the situation is worse. The "thinkers" (god I love that phrase.) have the house, senate and the oval office. They bear full responsibility for the present mess.

Even assuming your argument to be true for the purposes of this thread...my point is that after 9/11 it was even more tragically apparent that the intelligence gathering function was flawed and should be fixed.  Its 2005 and if anything the situation is worse. The "thinkers" (god I love that phrase.) have the house, senate and the oval office.  They bear full responsibility for the present mess.

533914[/snapback]

Right.

Because a battleship turns on a dime, doesn't it?

Even assuming your argument to be true for the purposes of this thread...my point is that after 9/11 it was even more tragically apparent that the intelligence gathering function was flawed and should be fixed.  Its 2005 and if anything the situation is worse. The "thinkers" (god I love that phrase.) have the house, senate and the oval office.  They bear full responsibility for the present mess.

533914[/snapback]

Yes, obviously it's only the administration's fault that the Department of Homeland Security (which the admin didn't want to establish in the first place) is still a bureaucratic hellhole. Bush Bad for not being able to merge CIA, FBI & NSA into a single smooth coherently run intelligence agency in 3 years.

Yes, obviously it's only the administration's fault that the Department of Homeland Security (which the admin didn't want to establish in the first place) is still a bureaucratic hellhole.  Bush Bad for not being able to merge CIA, FBI & NSA into a single smooth coherently run intelligence agency in 3 years.

533929[/snapback]

Exactly.

Exactly.

533935[/snapback]

It's so gratifying to have your expert insight. I'm one of the MANY people involved in trying to get this fixed, and I have nothing approaching your knowledge level of the situation. Perhaps you should drop in sometime, and let us all know how this should get done.