I think this bears watching...

Uh, how would you react if your family, or your best friend's family started getting executed by a foriegn government?  You'd fall nicely in line?

532987[/snapback]

Of course I wouldn't be happy, but I'd also be scared shitless that I'd be next.

Wouldn't you?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, how would you react if your family, or your best friend's family started getting executed by a foriegn government?  You'd fall nicely in line?

532987[/snapback]

Nothing stirs the democratic juices more than systematic extra-judicial executions by a foreign power. I would be talking to my congressman the very next day. :blink:

You idiot.

I'm not talking about killing ALL arabs. I'm talking about a Mossad-style "hunt all these !@#$s down and kill them and their families to send a message" action.

And take your sanctimonious attitude and shove it up your stick-filled ass.

532931[/snapback]

my oh my joe...a little prickly this morning, aren't you? :blink: Seriously..where do think we are going to get this magical "mossad style" operation?

my oh my joe...a little prickly this morning, aren't you?  :blink: Seriously..where do think we are going to get this magical "mossad style" operation?

533009[/snapback]

It will take time. Train operatives, preferably American Arabs who hate the fundamentalist viewpoint. Integrate them into communities which are infested with radical Islamism. let them work their way into the Islamist movements, find out who is who. Then once, the knowledge is gained, execute the punishment.

As I said, it could take some time. But it could work, too.

It will take time. Train operatives, preferably American Arabs who hate the fundamentalist viewpoint. Integrate them into communities which are infested with radical Islamism. let them work their way into the Islamist movements, find out who is who. Then once, the knowledge is gained, execute the punishment.

As I said, it could take some time. But it could work, too.

533073[/snapback]

I agree with you one hundred percent. HUMINT has been a sorely underutilized part of our intelligence operation (Even your "thinking" president GWB apparently acknowledged that the other day.) I think it could be part of the solution, but we are years behind. I would not rely on American Arabs but also on Arab Arabs, who might or might not hate the regime, but turn (money, power, and other factors may influence the decisions). You "thinkers" might want to read Sun Tzu on the five types of spies that should be used. I'm not against killing the bad guys. The thing is your "thinking" administration is killing far more good than bad guys and unacceptable number of the good guys and girls getting killed for no good reason are Americans.

I agree with you one hundred percent.  HUMINT has been a sorely underutilized part of our intelligence operation (Even your "thinking" president GWB apparently acknowledged that the other day.) I think it could be part of the solution, but we are years behind.   I would not rely on American Arabs but also on Arab Arabs, who might or might not hate the regime, but turn (money, power, and other factors may influence the decisions).  You "thinkers" might want to read Sun Tzu on the five types of spies that should be used. I'm not against killing the bad guys.  The thing is your "thinking" administration is killing far more good than bad guys and unacceptable number of the good guys and girls getting killed for no good reason are Americans.

533113[/snapback]

Perhaps you should check out the Executive Order signed in 1995 (rescinded after 9/11) on the National Intelligence/HUMINT subject signed by the previous Democratic Administration that you've been having passionate man/boy love with. You know, the one that stifled recruitment of HUMINT assets that set the CIA back about 20 years. But we'll blame the Agency that was under the thumb of the bureaucrats because it's politically expedient to do so.

Facts SUCK!

Future Jihad

Suggested reading. We know this gentleman personally. If it matters, I can vouch for his level of knowledge and also access. The man knows his stuff, and to discuss these things with him is very enlightening. He's not only a scholar, he personally knows a lot of the "characters" from his youth in Lebanon. He's also the "staff" terror guy for several of the networks, he's appeared on everything from CNN, FOX, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CBS and even Al Jazeera. This book does a very good job of explaining in one consolidated piece just what Jihad really is, how it got us here, and where it's going later.

It's better that you read several sources, but this is a good start and as I said, I know the author is very legit.

Perhaps you should check out the Executive Order signed in 1995 (rescinded after 9/11) on the National Intelligence/HUMINT subject signed by the previous Democratic Administration that you've been having passionate man/boy love with.  You know, the one that stifled recruitment of HUMINT assets that set the CIA back about 20 years.  But we'll blame the Agency that was under the thumb of the bureaucrats because it's politically expedient to do so.

Facts SUCK!

533170[/snapback]

Also the actions of the great minds of these Democrats - Biden, Church, Pike, and Torricilli...

Those pesky, pesky facts... :lol:

Bloody hands, IMO...

"In the wake of the September 11th terror attack, some legislators are now proclaiming their commitment to unleashing the CIA and rebuilding its human “assets.” Just a short while ago these same legislators were leading the charge to curtail the agency. One such convert is the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Joseph Biden. The Delaware Democrat was one of seventeen Senators who voted in 1974 to ban all covert operations, and proudly noted during his 1988 campaign for president that he had threatened to “go public” with covert action plans by the Reagan administration, causing them to cancel the operations. Hopefully Senator Biden, and other congressional converts, are undergoing a genuine epiphany. Perhaps they now realize, as Henry Kissinger once observed about the Church Committee, that it is an illusion that “tranquility can be achieved by an abstract purity of motive for which history offers no example.” It is precisely this illusion which has prevailed in congressional circles since the heyday of Frank Church and Otis Pike. As Church himself once argued, the United States should not “fight fire with fire . . . evil with evil.”

Another convert is Senator Robert Torricelli of New Jersey, who led the charge in the mid-1990s to prevent the CIA from hiring unsavory characters. Torricelli rallied to the defense of State Department employee Robert Nuccio, who leaked classified material dealing with CIA operations in Guatemala to Torricelli, who in turn held a press conference and revealed the information to the media. It was these revelations that led to congressional restrictions on the ability of agents in the field to deal with “bad people.” Torricelli is now calling for a “thorough inquiry” into what he calls the intelligence community’s “stunning failure.”"

http://hnn.us/articles/380.html

Also the actions of the great minds of these Democrats - Biden, Church, Pike, and Torricilli...

Those pesky, pesky facts... :lol:

Bloody hands, IMO...

"In the wake of the September 11th terror attack, some legislators are now proclaiming their commitment to unleashing the CIA and rebuilding its human “assets.” Just a short while ago these same legislators were leading the charge to curtail the agency. One such convert is the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Joseph Biden. The Delaware Democrat was one of seventeen Senators who voted in 1974 to ban all covert operations, and proudly noted during his 1988 campaign for president that he had threatened to “go public” with covert action plans by the Reagan administration, causing them to cancel the operations. Hopefully Senator Biden, and other congressional converts, are undergoing a genuine epiphany. Perhaps they now realize, as Henry Kissinger once observed about the Church Committee, that it is an illusion that “tranquility can be achieved by an abstract purity of motive for which history offers no example.” It is precisely this illusion which has prevailed in congressional circles since the heyday of Frank Church and Otis Pike. As Church himself once argued, the United States should not “fight fire with fire . . . evil with evil.”

Another convert is Senator Robert Torricelli of New Jersey, who led the charge in the mid-1990s to prevent the CIA from hiring unsavory characters. Torricelli rallied to the defense of State Department employee Robert Nuccio, who leaked classified material dealing with CIA operations in Guatemala to Torricelli, who in turn held a press conference and revealed the information to the media. It was these revelations that led to congressional restrictions on the ability of agents in the field to deal with “bad people.” Torricelli is now calling for a “thorough inquiry” into what he calls the intelligence community’s “stunning failure.”"

http://hnn.us/articles/380.html

533222[/snapback]

Looks as though the quislings have come home to roost. Excellent find.

Perhaps you should check out the Executive Order signed in 1995 (rescinded after 9/11) on the National Intelligence/HUMINT subject signed by the previous Democratic Administration that you've been having passionate man/boy love with.  You know, the one that stifled recruitment of HUMINT assets that set the CIA back about 20 years.  But we'll blame the Agency that was under the thumb of the bureaucrats because it's politically expedient to do so.

Facts SUCK!

533170[/snapback]

Ah AD...again the non-responsive but sarcastic reply about ancient history. Perhaps you should check out the fact that President Clinton left office far enough in advance of 9/11 before that wake up call shook your nose-picking, flightsuit wearing, mission accomplishing president away from vacation, and it has been nearly five years since 9/11 and your boy took responsibility for the affairs of state in a crisis and if anything intelligence has gone backward.

I'll let the statement about man-boy love and your "suck" language be. You and CMT must have spend a lot of time watching that Brokeback Mountain thing~ :doh::lol:

With all due respect you "thinkers" remind me of some on the Stadium Wall trying desperately to find a team worse than the team that's presently playing. Repubs have the house and Senate and the clown in the White House belongs to them...and Intelligence,,at least until the next election...is theirs. Instead of "we f-c up"...which is the intelligence community the last five years...its "we f-d" up because ten years ago they f-d up." Rather than look at how bad it is at present and trying to fix it they STILL try to blame their incompetency on a previous administration. They kill me. Wait a minute...giving the way they are handling foreign affairs...they might just kill us all!! :doh:

Oh...so the preparation for the 9/11 attack only took eight and a half months, is what you're saying.

533874[/snapback]

Nope...based on the calendar. I think that's what I said. Let me check.....yup that is what i was saying.

Now as to your wrong-headed assumption about the planning for 9/11. That wasn't a consideration (although I might mention that it was the intelligence community in place that sent Bush the briefing that contained a HEADLINED warning about the attack -but the made the mistake of not including pictures of a plane crashing into the WTC and a crayon warning "George for God's sake read this.")

What I was referring to is that after 9/11 it was readily apparent that there was a need for overhaul and reform of the intelligence community. That hasn't happened. NSA, CIA, FBI are not better and there are whole new unnecessary layers of bureaucracy to chew up and misinterpret the little bits of valid information we get. Not to mention someone in the white house who manipulates and pulls the chain of the intelligence agencies to manufacture intelligence to fit his own desires.

With all due respect you "thinkers" remind me of some on the Stadium Wall trying desperately to find a team worse than the team that's presently playing.  Repubs have the house and Senate and the clown in the White House belongs to them...and Intelligence,,at least until the next election...is theirs.  Instead of "we f-c up"...which is the intelligence community the last five years...its "we f-d" up because ten years ago they f-d up."  Rather than look at how bad it is at present and trying to fix it they STILL try to blame their incompetency on a previous administration.  They kill me.  Wait a minute...giving the way they are handling foreign affairs...they might just kill us all!!  :doh:

533869[/snapback]

Since you insist on drawing a parallel to the other side of the wall, the issues that ail this football franchise are more closely aligned with draft failures in 2000 and 2002, along with questionable QB moves from 1998 onwards, then they do with events that happened in 2005.

But just like you do with Bush, it's easier to hold Roscoe Parrish as the root of all evils, because he's the most recent failure.