I think this bears watching...

A few minor problems with your wipe them out strategy..

1)  We can't (look up "jingoistic pipe dream adventures in the middle east" by GWB)

2) We would make (hard to believe) even more enemies elsewhere in the world.  If I were say ohhh...Chinese... and I saw you take out an entire race of people I think I'd be a little more than nervous..and I have a few billion people and a poopload of real wmds at my disposal.

3) wipe them out strategies haven't been terribly effective (see Exodus, Armenia, Holocaust, Rwanda, the Killing Fields)

Grab your crayons and go back to the drawing board.

532479[/snapback]

I didn't realize Islamic militants were a race of people. (Shuffles off to find Sociology Prof for long talk followed by punches)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you espouse the tennesseeboy view of the world it might. All sane and rational individuals see Islamic extremism for what it really is: a disease.

532477[/snapback]

So do you wipe out the disease with a single antibiotic ie. bombing it to hell, and eventually make it stronger or resistant? Or do you try to approach it holistically ie. with military force when necessary, diplomacy and multi-lateral action as much as possible?

And you're going to tell the "muslim extremist" from the "muslim insurgent" from the muslim walking down the street just how?  See:  Torturing the guys who happened to look muslim Part one...Abu Gharib.

532495[/snapback]

Liberals: Always first with the worst case scenario - except when it's them doing the dirty work.

No.  I just marvel at your own inability to understand your own posts.  You basically suggested that Israel attack Iran in a manner they're not capable of for no discernable reason having nothing to do with the original topic.  You haven't yet explained how or why that's supposed to work, save an analogy that makes absolutely no sense, haven't managed to address the original topic, can only insult me in lieu of discussion...and it's somehow all my fault.  Typical.  0:)

531834[/snapback]

An ocean-going tanker of oil from Iran will go down to meet Davy Jones compliments of a tramp with a 105 mm howitzer that can steam 2 knots per hour more than the tanker. Since you make light of Israeli subs. More than one way to apply hurt. Persian Gulf oil facilities are laughably vulnerable. A local boat, midnight, a couple of frogmen...bye-bye Kharg Island loading facilities etc.

You once again fail to appreciate the possibility of in extremis behavior by a very small nation with teeth and worldwide influence.

Your appreciation of the unconventional is comparable to and as inflexible as a banzai charge. :blink:

You hang - post after post,on *that* won't curtail nuke delivery. Who knows? What's your plan? Sit and wait see? Iran would be pounded to dust if they pulled a nuke attack. They don't have the balls. Nobody does.

If you espouse the tennesseeboy view of the world it might. All sane and rational individuals see Islamic extremism for what it really is: a disease.

532477[/snapback]

Actually most sane and rational people see Islamic extremism as Islamic extremism. That's whythey call it that. Now what they normally see as diseases..they tend to call diseases. Follow AD to the Soc. Dept. and turn right at the library. Seiously you don't really believe you have a plan for "wiping out" islamic extremism? If you do I'd love to hear it. How do you tell the extremists from the non-extremist? The extremist from the doesn't agree with us-ist? Not being a "thinker" it seems that might be difficult. In Vietnam there was a saying ...let's kill them all and let god figure out who the VC are." News flash..we didn't win that war either.

532477[/snapback]

Their purpose isn't to kill Americans, it is to drive Americans out of the ME. Killing Americans is the means to that end, not the end. Count the number of suicide attacks against the US prior to our stationing troops in the middle east. The bin Laden version wants to establish a caliphate in the ME which requires the fall of the governments and monarchies in the region which they believe survive only because of US power backing them up. I don't think that Osama is planning on starting a Caliphate in Idaho or occupying Toledo anytime soon. Saudi oil on the other hand is another issue. That he wants.

If you have a plan that will wipe out all such fundamentalists that will not also wipe out muslims who are innocent of this "disease" and that will actually succeed, I'm all for it. Providing that it doesn't create more and more and more terrorists. If your extermination program creates 2 sworn enemies of the United States for every 1 that you kill, I think there is a problem, no? I am not advocating hugging them, loving them or any other such nonsense. Knowing your enemy is the key to defeating him. Why does every effort hereabouts to understand our enemies get mocked as appeasment? It is common sense to study your foe.

Maybe that is why the Bills are playing so poorly, they aren't studying game file of their opponent for fear of being called an appeaser.

Their purpose isn't to kill Americans, it is to drive Americans out of the ME. 

532506[/snapback]

Actually, their purpose is to turn the world into an Islamic Theocracy. Driving the Americans out of the ME is just the first step.

You hang - post after post,on *that* won't curtail nuke delivery. Who knows? What's your plan? Sit and wait see? Iran would be pounded to dust if they pulled a nuke attack. They don't have the balls. Nobody does.

532501[/snapback]

But you said that it wasn't about Iran's nuclear program. In fact, you made a specific point of telling me that you never said it was about Iran's nuclear program, it was about "hurting" Iran.

But now it's about Iran's nuclear program.

:blink:

Do I really have to participate in this debate with you? Sounds like you have both sides pretty well covered.

A few minor problems with your wipe them out strategy..

1)  We can't (look up "jingoistic pipe dream adventures in the middle east" by GWB)

2) We would make (hard to believe) even more enemies elsewhere in the world.  If I were say ohhh...Chinese... and I saw you take out an entire race of people I think I'd be a little more than nervous..and I have a few billion people and a poopload of real wmds at my disposal.

3) wipe them out strategies haven't been terribly effective (see Exodus, Armenia, Holocaust, Rwanda, the Killing Fields)

Grab your crayons and go back to the drawing board.

532479[/snapback]

You idiot.

I'm not talking about killing ALL arabs. I'm talking about a Mossad-style "hunt all these !@#$s down and kill them and their families to send a message" action.

And take your sanctimonious attitude and shove it up your stick-filled ass.

Their purpose isn't to kill Americans, it is to drive Americans out of the ME.  Killing Americans is the means to that end, not the end.  Count the number of suicide attacks against the US prior to our stationing troops in the middle east.  The bin Laden version wants to establish a caliphate in the ME which requires the fall of the governments and monarchies in the region which they believe survive only because of US power backing them up.  I don't think that Osama is planning on starting a Caliphate in Idaho or occupying Toledo anytime soon.  Saudi oil on the other hand is another issue.  That he wants.

If you have a plan that will wipe out all such fundamentalists that will not also wipe out muslims who are innocent of this "disease" and that will actually succeed, I'm all for it.  Providing that it doesn't create more and more and more terrorists.  If your extermination program creates 2 sworn enemies of the United States for every 1 that you kill, I think there is a problem, no?  I am not advocating hugging them, loving them or any other such nonsense.  Knowing your enemy is the key to defeating him.  Why does every effort hereabouts to understand our enemies get mocked as appeasment?  It is common sense to study your foe. 

Maybe that is why the Bills are playing so poorly, they aren't studying game file of their opponent for fear of being called an appeaser.

532506[/snapback]

Here's a thought. If you know someone is a terrorist, you find their family. Kill them one by one until he turns himself in.

If he doesn't, oh well, at least his family won't produce any more terrorists. You don't fight brutality and murder with kindness, good ol' JC or Buddha be damned.

Unfortunately, this may really pinch your homebrewing supplies. I have yet to meet an Islamic Theocracy that was homebrew friendly.

532922[/snapback]

Quite true. I better get brewing. I need to build up my stock.

Here's a thought. If you know someone is a terrorist, you find their family. Kill them one by one until he turns himself in.

If he doesn't, oh well, at least his family won't produce any more terrorists. You don't fight brutality and murder with kindness, good ol' JC or Buddha be damned.

532932[/snapback]

Don't piss off Ghandi either, you don't want to be around Ghandi when he opens a can of whoop-ass.

532932[/snapback]

Uh, how would you react if your family, or your best friend's family started getting executed by a foriegn government? You'd fall nicely in line?