2006 Draft Position Update

Stiffler

If Ferguson the LT from Virginia is there when we pick, hopefully he'll be ours.

530159[/snapback]

if the Texans don't take Ferguson, then there is a very good chance the Bills could get him. he is the only player worth trading up for. otherwise...i like the trade down for more picks philosphy this coming year.

i thought it was a no brainer that the Texans would be taking Ferguson. Then I read in some magazine today....(ESPN maybe) that the Texans like Reggie Bush.

hard to argue with wanting the next great back out of USC but for a team that so desparately needs OL help i would be stunned if they went with Bush.

:D  :) I hate that description almost as much as someone being called a "sleeper!"

529957[/snapback]

i agree...

high motor = he's a good player, but he's still white

in all honesty, how many black guys have a "high motor"?

if the Texans don't take Ferguson, then there is a very good chance the Bills could get him.  he is the only player worth trading up for.  otherwise...i like the trade down for more picks philosphy this coming year.

i thought it was a no brainer that the Texans would be taking Ferguson.  Then I read in some magazine today....(ESPN maybe) that the Texans like Reggie Bush.

hard to argue with wanting the next great back out of USC but for a team that so desparately needs OL help i would be stunned if they went with Bush.

530338[/snapback]

That might just be a ploy by Houston to get a team drafting lower then them that might really want Bush (say the Jets or Green Bay) to try and trade up for the 1st overall selection. Yet it would still allow Houston to be in position to draft Ferguson. I can't see how they could pass on him as Domanick Davis is having a career year in terms of yards per game and on pace again for another 1,000 yard season. Plus he's still one of the best receiving backs in the league today so the need for a RB isn't nearly as high as an O-lineman given Carr's been sacked 61 times this season.

Completely right on about this, and something that we fans sometimes miss.  While losing a game can have its benefits (and we will end up losing some, don't worry), the attitude and experience matter.

I'm not so sure of the benefits of winning meaningless games at the end of the year. The winning streak at the end of last year certainly didn't carry over to 2005.

if the Texans don't take Ferguson, then there is a very good chance the Bills could get him.  he is the only player worth trading up for.  otherwise...i like the trade down for more picks philosphy this coming year.

i thought it was a no brainer that the Texans would be taking Ferguson.  Then I read in some magazine today....(ESPN maybe) that the Texans like Reggie Bush.

530338[/snapback]

Bush will be the first overall pick, no matter who is picking. Bush may be a once in a lifetime player and no team is going to pass on the next Barry Sanders to take the next Jonathan Ogden.

I could argue that taking Ferguson might be a better pick but you try telling that to your teams fans. Saying the Texans "like" Bush is like saying guys "like" sex. The Teaxans need Bush, as does every other team outside of San Diego and Seattle.