I wish I was smart enough to appreciate

OnTheRocks

"[Democrats] are the same people who rediscover poverty every election and promise to cure it. They've cured it so often that they've now made a profession of it. They thrive on failures, on righting wrongs, aiding victims, and so forth. It must be understood that success in those tasks would put them out of business. No matter how many programs are set up and operating, their proponents never claim success for them. To do so would be to say the problems have been solved, meaning the programs are no longer needed. And the programs, not the problems, are their very reason for being." —Ronald Reagan

"[Democrats] are the same people who rediscover poverty every election and promise to cure it. They've cured it so often that they've now made a profession of it. They thrive on failures, on righting wrongs, aiding victims, and so forth. It must be understood that success in those tasks would put them out of business. No matter how many programs are set up and operating, their proponents never claim success for them. To do so would be to say the problems have been solved, meaning the programs are no longer needed. And the programs, not the problems, are their very reason for being." —Ronald Reagan

529801[/snapback]

Right, because there were never any poor people before "Democratic programs." And Republicans never EVER install feel-good sounding social programs like faith-based initiatives or No Child Left Behind. :doh: Soldier on like your side is less of a problem, though, if it makes you feel better.

Programs without any accountability are a problem, but to say that they never help anyone is bollocks.

I wonder what Reagan the FDR fan would have thought of Reagan the President...

Right, because there were never any poor people before "Democratic programs."  And Republicans never EVER install feel-good sounding social programs like faith-based initiatives or No Child Left Behind.  :doh:  Soldier on like your side is less of a problem, though, if it makes you feel better.

Programs without any accountability are a problem, but to say that they never help anyone is bollocks.

I wonder what Reagan the FDR fan would have thought of Reagan the President...

531712[/snapback]

That's not fair. Republicans have established two of the largest feel good spending programs in history in the last few years. The Homeland Security pork barrel polka, the War in Iraq bash, and the New Orleans Hearty Party. However, none of the feel good went to poor people. I would mention a word that begins with H here, but certain folks will get their panties in a wad. :lol:

That's not fair.  Republicans have established two of the largest feel good spending programs in history in the last few years.  The Homeland Security pork barrel polka, the War in Iraq bash, and the New Orleans Hearty Party.  However, none of the feel good went to poor people.  I would mention a word that begins with H here, but certain folks will get their panties in a wad.  :doh:

531820[/snapback]

Actually that's three programs...I guess the repeal of the estate tax will be the fourth.

Actually that's three programs...I guess the repeal of the estate tax will be the fourth.

531821[/snapback]

How dare those evil Republicans being against taxing the sh-- out of people for dying. If it breathes...tax it. If it doesn't breathe...tax it for not breathing.

That's not fair.  Republicans have established two of the largest feel good spending programs in history in the last few years.  The Homeland Security pork barrel polka, the War in Iraq bash, and the New Orleans Hearty Party.  However, none of the feel good went to poor people.  I would mention a word that begins with H here, but certain folks will get their panties in a wad.  :doh:

531820[/snapback]

Don't forget Tax Cuts For The Rich.

Are you responding to yourself?    :doh: 

CTM, can you help out here, I believe someone here has the same affliction as you?

532109[/snapback]

Nope...I was correcting myself. Of course you know it all republican "thinkers" never get into situations where you would consider that :lol: Kind of explains the Iraq death toll.

Which do you mean..people who actually pay taxes...or the rich??? :w00t:  :D  :lol:

532305[/snapback]

Is there any difference anymore? The so-called "rich" pay virtually all the federal taxes anyway, so I'm not sure who else the tax cuts should be going to. 0:):lol::blink: