WGR= Propaganda

Adam

Dude, I'm trying to take the high road here, I never called you a WGR zombie or anything (even though you resorted to that), but their methods are wrong.

529876[/snapback]

They're a sports call-in station! Think they're bad? Try WIP in Philadelphia!

Whadda you looking for? NPR?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, and this time slower:

They...are...a...call...in...sports...station.

They're not in the business of being accurate. They're in the business of giving a voice to fans.

529888[/snapback]

What they're doing is creating lies based on the fact that the fans want TD gone. What they keep repeating about TD thinking Bills fans are jerks is a complete lie. How is giving information that they make up while they sit around doing nothing giving a voice to fans? More like they put words in fan's mouths

While he didn't directly call anyone a jerk, he insinuated that a particular caller was a jerk. And, from what I've heard, that caller WAS a jerk.

The idea that he called "Bills fans" is TOTALLY without foundation (again, from what I've been told). There are plenty of reasons to bash TD. Why make up more?

They're not in the business of being accurate. They're in the business of giving a voice to fans.

529888[/snapback]

Much like this board. :doh: And that's a good thing. :w00t:

529888[/snapback]

Not to mention that Donahoe said "Call the other station if you want to act like a jerk."

But somehow, everyone decides he said "Bills fans are jerks"...and when WGR points out that's not what he said, they're inaccurate? :doh:

Bills fans aren't jerks. They're apparently too !@#$ing stupid to be jerks. :w00t:

Adam is right. I was listening to that show at the time the comment was made. The guy baited TD with a "real" question and then threw the 2nd part in about resigning before he could answer. The guy WAS a jerk, and I would have dealt with him the same way, or worse. It doesn't mean that TD still hasn't failed overall due to our offensive line woes, but the GR report is, as usual, inaccurate.

What they're doing is creating lies based on the fact that the fans want TD gone. What they keep repeating about TD thinking Bills fans are jerks is a complete lie. How is giving information that they make up while they sit around doing nothing giving a voice to fans? More like they put words in fan's mouths

529889[/snapback]

Look, it's well documented that TD holds the opinion of fans in low regard.

Remember "save your postage"?

This little comment, regardless of what he actually meant, is rightfully burning TD's arse.

i'm with adam on this one. i want a new GM too, but some bills fans take it too far. and they ARE jerks about it. frankly, i give donohoe credit for saying so. i just wish i could give him credit for doing the stuff that matters, like assembling a roster and a coaching staff.

i'm with adam on this one.  i want a new GM too, but some bills fans take it too far.  and they ARE jerks about it.  frankly, i give donohoe credit for saying so.  i just wish i could give him credit for doing the stuff that matters, like assembling a roster and a coaching staff.

529908[/snapback]

HAHA!

This is nothing. You want brutal? How about a town that boos the owner of a team that built a 4-time NFC East Champ, took three teams to NFC Championship games and one to a SB...all the while maintaining an edge in trems of the Salary cap?

THEY BOO LURIE IN PHILLY.

I think Tommy D. can endure a little bit of harassment for his abject failure, don't you?

The guy called in and voiced his opinion that he thinks TD should resign, TD says to call another radio station if you are going to be a jerk, basically insinuating that if you are going to call in to tel him to leave you are being a jerk. Since most people want to tell him the same thing they are therfore, being a jerk. Simple Mathematical equation really.

Of course a sports talk radio is going to blow something out of proportion. They are an AM radio Sports talk station, they need all the publicity they can get. Go to any sports city and find a "Sports Talk" Radio station that does not deal with rumors or think their opinions are better than anyone else. Most of the hosts are nobodies that spent their lives infront of the tv watching all the highlight shows and games and now think they know everything about the game. Weither it be radio or TV, the first goal is ratings, then fact or fiction. If you can get people to tune in, your doing a good job.

The idea that he called "Bills fans" is TOTALLY without foundation (again, from what I've been told).  There are plenty of reasons to bash TD.  Why make up more?

529892[/snapback]

TD gave me coal in my holiday stocking when I was five. :doh:

Sorry, wrong thread.

There not selling anything. There giving there opinons. Which I highly agree with.

529874[/snapback]

Not Selling anything?? Wrong. They are selling Controversy.

WBEN (entercom) was the voice of the bill for a long time. Was it 9 years ago that entercom lost to cidatel the broadcast rights to the billls? Then gr hires the Coach, who made $$$ for entercom but turn off the bills who

I think let it be known as long as coach was working there, entercom would not get the broadcast rights. Coach leaves and I think entercom losses out to cidatel 2 more times at broadcast bidding time.

For some reason I get a feeling the bills hurt somebodies feelings at entercom along time ago, and you have seen the results ever since!

Perhaps some media types who post on the wall can correct me if I am wrong with any of my details.

TD gave me coal in my holiday stocking when I was five. :doh:

Sorry, wrong thread.

529999[/snapback]

:w00t::w00t::D:D

Bravo! i should have said: save the invented excuses for bashing TD for the "TD is the Spawn of Satan thread".

Not to mention that Donahoe said "Call the other station if you want to act like a jerk."

But somehow, everyone decides he said "Bills fans are jerks"...and when WGR points out that's not what he said, they're inaccurate?  :doh:

Bills fans aren't jerks.  They're apparently too !@#$ing stupid to be jerks.  :w00t:

529895[/snapback]

no wait........

If one Bills fan is a jerk, all Bills fans are jerks.

Good thing he didn't tell the caller he was a retard.