and one other PFW whisper tidbit

dave mcbride

the play to which i referred was literally the deciding play of the game. if it's called the right way, miami wins. the play to which you're referring, which occurred (as i recall) with about 2 1/2 minutes to go, was indeed a bad call, but if called correctly the game still wouldn't have been over

I don't remember the exact circumstances, but I think that with about 2:00 left that Chris Gamble was blatantly interfered with on 3rd down and then caught a pass anyways for a 1st down but the refs blew the call and called it incomplete. Had they called the interference they should have or correctly called the pass complete, OSU would have ahd a first down with under 2:00 left in the game and the Canes out of time-outs. So like the "deciding" call in OT, this was also a "deciding" call as if it would have been done right, the game would have been over except for a few kneel-downs.

Instead Roscoe Parrish ripped off a 50yrd punt return with under 2:00 left that to set up the Canes game tying FG.

Wow, I'm getting geeked just remembering watching that unbelievable game. :D

Cya

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic