and one other PFW whisper tidbit

dave mcbride

I'd take a 1st round pick for WM. He wants to go to Miami? Arizona is close to Miami. Let's get their 1st round pick for him. I am in favor of anyone being traded for draft picks at this point except Losman. Let Arizona deal with Rosenhaus and WM's imminent holdout for more money. I could have ran for 3 yards yesterday.

529818[/snapback]

Why do so many people think Willis is going to be a hold out?

Drew Rosenhaus is a pain in the ass negotiator, but he has always been a proponent of having his players in camp.

As for this "rumor", who gives a crap! Willis is signed with the Bills and unless management wants to trade him he will not be going anywhere.

Hopefully we will have a new front office next year that is willing to commit to a serious running game, meaning a serious upgrade to the OL.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thurman was one of the best pass blocking RBs in the NFL period.  Very few even compare to him.

A better and more recent comparison would be TH who was famous for his look out blocks. 

The point I was making was that a guy who did not care would not risk getting injured.

529670[/snapback]

Sometimes he would even catch a pass after laying a block and then pick up a first down single handed....willis have fun when the new gm packages your ass with that top 5 pick in exchange for the mother load of picks...

actually the reason they lost was because of a horrible pass interference call in ot (miami should have won).

. . . .

for the record, i want him to be on the bills, be happy to be in buffalo, and help make them into a winner.

529844[/snapback]

I knew we could agree on some things. :doh:

I'd take a 1st round pick for WM. He wants to go to Miami? Arizona is close to Miami. Let's get their 1st round pick for him. I am in favor of anyone being traded for draft picks at this point except Losman. Let Arizona deal with Rosenhaus and WM's imminent holdout for more money. I could have ran for 3 yards yesterday.

529818[/snapback]

Everyone knows Arizona is not close to Miami. Its closer to Jacksonville. :doh:

You could probably put Lionel Gates behind a good OL and get the same production. Having a great OL makes a lot of backs look good. All the U Miami guys want to play in Florida--they don't like cold weather. I think they should get over it but some of them can't/don't. That is really something the management has to take into consideration when drafting. But maybe Willis will get traded to Chicago, Green Bay, Detroit, Minnesota, Cleveland, either NY team, New England, Cinci, Phila, or Pittsburgh. Or maybe he'll realize over half the teams in the NFL are cold weather teams.

first of all, i have no problem with football players being asses, being that about 85% of them are.  that said, if you can't see that the guy is a pr*ick, then, well, you're not looking very hard. thurman was a pr*ck too, but he was better than mcgahee and appeared to want to play in buffalo. he also didn't issue forth la di da responses after bills losses and seemed to hav e a vocabulary that was larger than 250 words (and i'm being charitable in giving mcgahee that much credit). 

529680[/snapback]

IIRC, thurman wasnt exactly a walking Websters Dictionary...comparing thurman's and willis's vocabularies is like arguing whos asscrack smells better...

Thank you ! A voice of reason among ass clowns.

529672[/snapback]

The points you made are good but we are all eluding from the major reason Mcgahee wants to goto Florida. His Knee. If anyone even rembers when he was drafted and his first year in the leaugue, they said the last place someone with an injury of his magnitude would want to go is Buffalo something abut how the cold weather effects the injured knee. That while he is in a consitant warmer enronment it will have a chance at maintaing a longer career.

"The points you made are good but we are all eluding from the major reason Mcgahee wants to goto Florida. His Knee. If anyone even rembers when he was drafted and his first year in the leaugue, they said the last place someone with an injury of his magnitude would want to go is Buffalo something abut how the cold weather effects the injured knee. That while he is in a consitant warmer enronment it will have a chance at maintaing a longer career. "

I thought I was on FinHeaven for a minute....wow.

The probelm with that ridiculous piece of writing is that I could have written that from here in Maryland without calling anybody but the pizza delivery guy. There isn't ANY information in there that someone couldn't just piece together by listening to talk radio...

actually the reason they lost was because of a horrible pass interference call in ot (miami should have won).

I think you're forgetting about the blown officiating call that even got the game into overtime. It was an even more egregious mistake than the OT call and without it OSU would have been able to easily run out the clock in regulation.

The team that should have won did win.

And no, I'm not an Ohio State fan. :D

I think you're forgetting about the blown officiating call that even got the game into overtime. It was an even more egregious mistake than the OT call and without it OSU would have been able to easily run out the clock in regulation.

The team that should have won did win.

And no, I'm not an Ohio State fan.  :D

530519[/snapback]

simon, i hear ya, and i know what play you're talking about. that said -- and to parrot badolbilz -- the play to which i referred was literally the deciding play of the game. if it's called the right way, miami wins. the play to which you're referring, which occurred (as i recall) with about 2 1/2 minutes to go, was indeed a bad call, but if called correctly the game still wouldn't have been over -- osu still would have had to make a couple of plays. also, i'm not a fan of either team, so it's not as if i had anything invested in it. at the time, though, since my brother lives in columbus and his wife went to osu, i was pulling hard for them. i'm a wimpy pac-10 fan (and fan of the most fraudulent pac-10 team of all, ucla), though, so what do i know?