and one other PFW whisper tidbit

dave mcbride

Thurman was one of the best pass blocking RBs in the NFL period.  Very few even compare to him.

A better and more recent comparison would be TH who was famous for his look out blocks. 

The point I was making was that a guy who did not care would not risk getting injured.

529670[/snapback]

are you referring to his speedbumping of the pats safety who almost killed losman when the bills were at the pats 20 yard line in the 3rd quarter?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is absolutely ridiculous.  The guy is not an ass.

Let me repeat:

He overcame what may have been a career ending injury.  In doing so, he

showed more heart than one can imagine. 

He has been playing behind a piss poor offensive line his entire NFL career.

First contact is typically BEHIND the line of scrimmage.

Notwithstanding all of that, he is the fastest Buffalo Bill RB to reach 2,000 yards in his career.

If he really did not care, why would he stick his head in there on the block the way he did.

He had 8 friggen carries yesterday.  That is not enough for any running back -- especially when our supposed offensive scheme is smash mouth football.

It is amazing how people on this board want to trash WM.  It obviously has nothing to do with what is happening on the field.

529649[/snapback]

first of all, i have no problem with football players being asses, being that about 85% of them are. that said, if you can't see that the guy is a pr*ick, then, well, you're not looking very hard. thurman was a pr*ck too, but he was better than mcgahee and appeared to want to play in buffalo. he also didn't issue forth la di da responses after bills losses and seemed to hav e a vocabulary that was larger than 250 words (and i'm being charitable in giving mcgahee that much credit).

do i want to mcgahee to be playing for the bills? yes -- he's a pretty decent player and could put up some big numbers in the right system. do i think he wants to be here? put simply, no. i'm sure he hates it in buffalo and is trying to get out. it probably won't do him much good -- his U compadre, edgerrin james (another prize as a human being), has been militating to get out of indy for about 4 years, but he's still there.

first of all, i have no problem with football players being asses, being that about 85% of them are.  that said, if you can't see that the guy is a pr*ick, then, well, you're not looking very hard. thurman was a pr*ck too, but he was better than mcgahee and appeared to want to play in buffalo. he also didn't issue forth la di da responses after bills losses and seemed to hav e a vocabulary that was larger than 250 words (and i'm being charitable in giving mcgahee that much credit). 

do i want to mcgahee to be playing for the bills? yes -- he's a pretty decent player and could put up some big numbers in the right system. do i think he wants to be here? put simply, no. i'm sure he hates it in buffalo and is trying to get out. it probably won't do him much good -- his U compadre, edgerrin james (another prize as a human being), has been militating to get out of indy for about 4 years, but he's still there.

529680[/snapback]

Now I understand. This is merely an anti-Hurricane post. That is your real motivation.

Perhaps you can talk about this with Jim Kelly.

Now I understand.  This is merely an anti-Hurricane post.  That is your real motivation.

Perhaps you can talk about this with Jim Kelly.

529686[/snapback]

whatever - feel free to misinterpret what i wrote in any way that you want. i have no problem with miami at all. they put out some damn good players. many of them, though, seem to have a sense of entitlement that seems to be bred by the program from whence they sprang. portis, james, shockey, and mcgahee all seem to fit that particular mold. not all of them do, of course.

with regard to kelly, don't go there. miami was a third tier program when he went there.

perhaps someone who was taken in the first round and paid millions of dollars despite tearing apart his knee a couple of months before the draft and who therefore should have expected to be drafted in the third or fourth round? that's the sort of person who should be happy to be playing in buffalo.

529615[/snapback]

Well you can forget about that...I don't see Willis as the humble, grateful type...And even if he was, look at who his Agent is...Personally I would worry about any Bills player who was happy with the Teams' situation right now...It would certainly throw up some flags as to how important winning was to any Player on this teams who was content...And when you take Players from Colleges like Miami U who have success year in and year out, there is a built in risk if you start losing all the time. Yes they are Pro's and get paid to go out and do a job...But when you are used to winning, even dominating a good bit of the time, losing consistantly can wear on a Player substantially...

The money, the Contract, the faith the Bills showed...all Willis has to do to repay all that is Play in Buffalo...That is the cold hard facts...He does not have to be happy, love Buffalo, love playing in the cold, or any peripheral...He just has to suit up and Play...

Would I prefer Willis sing the praises of the Bills and playing in Buffalo? Actually at this time, no I would not...Because this Team is a mess, especially on the Field, and losing is for losers... :doh:

You call that a block?? Did you ever watch Thurman Thomas pancake people repeatedly???If it is not working in the middle, how about trying the outside with a stiff arm - kinda like last year? Sorry, I see Losman Trying, but not McGahee.

529661[/snapback]

And heres a great example of why Bills fans have become so damn fickle these days.

We got so used to watching all those HOFers in the prime week after week, everything since has seemed (and sometimes been) ca-ca....and as a result, we have a hair trigger to want to "FIRE EVERYONE". Often, its legit, but its also often over stupid stull like headsets, hair color and headbands. Silly, IMO.

And heres a great example of why Bills fans have become so damn fickle these days.

We got so used to watching all those HOFers in the prime week after week, everything since has seemed (and sometimes been) ca-ca....and as a result, we have a hair trigger to want to "FIRE EVERYONE". Often, its legit, but its also often over stupid stull like headsets, hair color and headbands. Silly, IMO.

529720[/snapback]

If you call 5 years a hair trigger....

Well you can forget about that...I don't see Willis as the humble, grateful type...And even if he was, look at who his Agent is...Personally I would worry about any Bills player who was happy with the Teams' situation right now...It would certainly throw up some flags as to how important winning was to any Player on this teams who was content...And when you take Players from Colleges like Miami U who have success year in and year out, there is a built in risk if you start losing all the time. Yes they are Pro's and get paid to go out and do a job...But when you are used to winning, even dominating a good bit of the time, losing consistantly can wear on a Player substantially...

The money, the Contract, the faith the Bills showed...all Willis has to do to repay all that is Play in Buffalo...That is the cold hard facts...He does not have to be happy, love Buffalo, love playing in the cold, or any peripheral...He just has to suit up and Play...

Would I prefer Willis sing the praises of the Bills and playing in Buffalo? Actually at this time, no I would not...Because this Team is a mess, especially on the Field, and losing is for losers... :doh:

529718[/snapback]

well, they were a winning team last year. he's basically played 2 seasons, one of which was pretty good, and the other of which was a bust.

Why don't you try submitting a post that doesn't include a rumor from PFW??? Maybe actually coming up with an original thought, and throwing it out there for everyone to discuss? That would be nice. But if you'd rather hunt down flimsy blurbs written by some clown who needs to fill his Monday word count, be my guest.

Also, sweet post where you were critical of McGahee's vocabulary, and Edge's status in your ranking of citizens. You're delighting me with your football knowledge.

well, they were a winning team last year. he's basically played 2 seasons, one of which was pretty good, and the other of which was a bust.

529735[/snapback]

Come on Bro...You think any of those Players in that Locker Room give a crap about last season? So what... they won enough games to blow a golden Playoff opportunity that literally fell into their laps...All the success was pretty much wiped out by that loss vs. Pittsburgh and this years disaster...

Forget about 2004 and every single good thing that came from it...2005 has wiped that out completely because the Bills failed to build on the success they had...They have regressed...period...end of story...

Why don't you try submitting a post that doesn't include a rumor from PFW???  Maybe actually coming up with an original thought, and throwing it out there for everyone to discuss?  That would be nice.  But if you'd rather hunt down flimsy blurbs written by some clown who needs to fill his Monday word count, be my guest. 

Also, sweet post where you were critical of McGahee's vocabulary, and Edge's status in your ranking of citizens.  You're delighting me with your football knowledge.

529745[/snapback]

whatever. sorry if i occasionally provide links to national media under the assumption that others migh not have seen it. they had a lot on the bills today, so i linked to it. i guess i'm working under the mistaken impression that others might be interested in an outside perspective. i'm sorry if they didn't report happy news on the bills this week. as for originality, come on. there's not a hint of originality on this board today. the bills suck, the lines suck, the gm is going to get fired, and the team is in disarray. that's hardly original, and i haven't seen any variations on that yet.

first of all, i have no problem with football players being asses, being that about 85% of them are.  that said, if you can't see that the guy is a pr*ick, then, well, you're not looking very hard. thurman was a pr*ck too, but he was better than mcgahee and appeared to want to play in buffalo. he also didn't issue forth la di da responses after bills losses and seemed to hav e a vocabulary that was larger than 250 words (and i'm being charitable in giving mcgahee that much credit). 

529680[/snapback]

That is an awful lot of conclusions and a very strong sentiment set up by rumors. Please explain why you think he is a pr*ck (apart from the 'best back in football' comment). Even assuming you have heard him enough to make a judgment of his literary skills, who cares how weak his vocabulary is ?

How does anyone know whether he does or does not want to play in Buffalo ? This question is different from whether he wants to play on a team with a losing record.

From the same PFW Whispers.....

A !@#$ says that owner Ralph Wilson has been unhappy with the team’s direction since last April’s draft. Word is, Wilson believes the selection of WR Roscoe Parrish was a luxury pick that his team couldn’t afford, considering it had more pressing needs along the offensive and defensive lines.

What the hell did he consider McGahee then?

what I want to know is how does a rumor like this get started. Its frustrating becuase it makes Willis look bad. For all we know it could be true. Maybe Willis will hold out and demand a trade. That would not surprise me considering his agent and the comments about being the best in the league at his position. On the other hand maybe its false. Some reporter tring to get a story. Hopefully the Bills make changes and get the talent upfront so Willis can reach his full potential.

Either senerio wouldnt surpise me.

I'd take a 1st round pick for WM. He wants to go to Miami? Arizona is close to Miami. Let's get their 1st round pick for him. I am in favor of anyone being traded for draft picks at this point except Losman. Let Arizona deal with Rosenhaus and WM's imminent holdout for more money. I could have ran for 3 yards yesterday.

This is absolutely ridiculous.  The guy is not an ass.

Let me repeat:

He overcame what may have been a career ending injury.  In doing so, he

showed more heart than one can imagine. 

He has been playing behind a piss poor offensive line his entire NFL career.

First contact is typically BEHIND the line of scrimmage.

Notwithstanding all of that, he is the fastest Buffalo Bill RB to reach 2,000 yards in his career.

If he really did not care, why would he stick his head in there on the block the way he did.

He had 8 friggen carries yesterday.  That is not enough for any running back -- especially when our supposed offensive scheme is smash mouth football.

It is amazing how people on this board want to trash WM.  It obviously has nothing to do with what is happening on the field.

529649[/snapback]

great pts - I too will reserve judgment. while I don't like his stats in the last 4 weeks, he hadn't got the ball that much and is it ANY surprise he's disgruntled with the teams performance (hey aren't we all?)

That is an awful lot of conclusions and a very strong sentiment set up by rumors. Please explain why you think he is a pr*ck (apart from the 'best back in football' comment). Even assuming you have heard him enough to make a judgment of his literary skills, who cares how weak his vocabulary is ?

How does anyone know whether he does or does not want to play in Buffalo ? This question is different from whether he wants to play on a team with a losing record.

529783[/snapback]

i may be being too harsh, but he has always seemed pretty arrogant going back to his miami days when he claimed that the reason the team lost to osu was because he wasn't in there. actually the reason they lost was because of a horrible pass interference call in ot (miami should have won). also, along with the too easy arrogance, he has always come across as pretty nonchalant and vacant in the interviews he's given. also bear in mind that i don't think being a pr*ck is a bad thing in pro football -- you *have* to be somewhat crazy and violent to play the game. as for his vocabulary, no it's not a big deal, and i was mostly joking (although i really do think his command of the language is very limited). he really does seem kinda dumb, though -- not that there's anything wrong with that!

for the record, i want him to be on the bills, be happy to be in buffalo, and help make them into a winner.