Receivers

Say what you will about moulds attitude in the past or whatever he did last week, the bills need him. We have some good young up and coming receivers, but the we need a veteran reciever who gets the extra coverage.

I know he is going to be a huge hit to the cap next year, but he will also be a huge hit if they cut him which makes me wonder if its worth it. If I'm not mistaken, he will count 5 million against the cap if he is cut and will make 11 if he stays. Now in free agency, does anyone think we can get a receiver his caliber or better for less than 6 million? If so, see you Eric, its been a good 10 years, if not why would you let him go? You can pretty much tack on whatever he costs buffalo if cut onto whomever they get to replace him cause that is truely what they are costing the team.

I do think without Mularky and Donahoe, Moulds would be willing to stay on the team cause he has alot of fan support and support from an owner (coach wants him susended for more than one game, owner meets with him and suspends him for one game "because he did not practice with the team this week")

And on a somewhat off topic note, who would be interested if the team brought Peerless back to the bills, maybe as the cheap replacement to moulds?

Say what you will about moulds attitude in the past or whatever he did last week, the bills need him. We have some good young up and coming receivers, but the we need a veteran reciever who gets the extra coverage.

I know he is going to be a huge hit to the cap next year, but he will also be a huge hit if they cut him which makes me wonder if its worth it. If I'm not mistaken, he will count 5 million against the cap if he is cut and will make 11 if he stays. Now in free agency, does anyone think we can get a receiver his caliber or better for less than 6 million? If so, see you Eric, its been a good 10 years, if not why would you let him go? You can pretty much tack on whatever he costs buffalo if cut onto whomever they get to replace him cause that is truely what they are costing the team.

I do think without Mularky and Donahoe, Moulds would be willing to stay on the team cause he has alot of fan support and support from an owner (coach wants him susended for more than one game, owner meets with him and suspends him for one game "because he did not practice with the team this week")

And on a somewhat off topic note, who would be interested if the team brought Peerless back to the bills, maybe as the cheap replacement to moulds?

529519[/snapback]

Goes to show you what Moulds means to this team and his leadership around the locker room. My oh my, have things gone from bad to worse. I thought one of the positives about yesterdays game was that Ralph Wilson was there to see first hand what's going on with the Bills. Even in the losing years I remember the optimism. Now it's hard to find it.

529519[/snapback]

Everyone who's been counting Moulds as good as gone are way off. There are a couple of things that you MUST have if you're going to have a chance to be a good team, that's either Tom Brady OR a true number one receiver like Moulds is and has always been. Biting the bullet on his big contract number is a must if the Bills have any thoughts of being a competetive team next season.

I'm not sure four, 10 yard completions to Moulds would have been a game-changer... ;)

529555[/snapback]

Look what happens when Moulds is in the game....Lee Evans get 3TDs. When he was out, none. Yesterday without Moulds, the receivers were not open. Moulds demands coverage, so it opens up the game for others.

I bet those would have all been at clutch moments when we needed the big first down.

529588[/snapback]

with the exception of the first quarter pass to Evans (which he ran under), and the late reception by Reid in garabage time, I would say Lossman missed almost every receiver yesterday ;)

Look what happens when Moulds is in the game....Lee Evans get 3TDs.  When he was out, none.  Yesterday without Moulds, the receivers were not open.  Moulds demands coverage, so it opens up the game for others.

529580[/snapback]

OK, Moulds is in and the FD differential changes from 32 - 6 to 29 - 8, and the time of possession changes from 40 - 20 to 36 - 24. Rush yardage goes from 14 yards to 34 yards.

Bargain! ;)

Boy our problems were a LOT worse than missing Moulds. I hate to say this but you could analyze pretty much every aspect of the team the last two weeks and it only comes out one way. Losers. We have better players than many of the teams ahead of us, but no one knows how to put them together to play effective football. I guess we're not as talented as we thought in the beginning of the year, and hopefully we're not as bad as we have looked recently...but this is a remarkably bad football team. Our local paper last week summed up the NE and BUF game with a quote like.."Buffalo is as embarrassing as the Detroit Lions." Now that hurts.