Mike & Mike in the Morning

Mike Greenberg said that Pete Carol is looking for 6 million and full control to coach in the NFL but thinks he is just trying to get more money out of USC to stay.  Golic thinks he realy want to coach in the NFL again.

529318[/snapback]

Carol can stay at USC forever.

Guest BackInDaDay
He's a college coach....that's all.

529329[/snapback]

I know where you're coming from, but he's also an older, more experienced coach now than he was as an NFL 'wonder-boy'. He may do well in the pros, should he return. I don't expect to see him on our sideline, though.

The jets lacked serious talent What I wont forget is his stint with the pats especially in 99 when the pats were 6-2 at the break and looking like the hottest team in the league then 2-6 after the break. That team quit on Pete Carroll and that tells me all I need to know about caroll as a nfl head coach... I'll pass

Kirk Ferentz out of Iowa however would be intriguing

Mike Greenberg said that Pete Carol is looking for 6 million and full control to coach in the NFL but thinks he is just trying to get more money out of USC to stay.  Golic thinks he realy want to coach in the NFL again.

529318[/snapback]

even if Pete Carroll came back to the NFL and won 10 consecutive championships and the Bills went 10 seasons without a single win, and Carroll said he would come to Buffal to coach the Bills for free, I would say, "no freakin' way!".

The jets lacked serious talent What I wont forget is his stint with the pats especially in 99 when the pats were 6-2 at the break and looking like the hottest team in the league  then 2-6 after the break. That team quit on Pete Carroll and that tells me all I need to know about caroll as a nfl head coach... I'll pass

529342[/snapback]

I loved his press conference in the parking lot in foxboro. That's how badly they wanted him gone. ;)

The jets lacked serious talent What I wont forget is his stint with the pats especially in 99 when the pats were 6-2 at the break and looking like the hottest team in the league  then 2-6 after the break. That team quit on Pete Carroll and that tells me all I need to know about caroll as a nfl head coach... I'll pass

529342[/snapback]

Ferentz is in a great position @ Iowa, where he's regarded as perhaps the finest coach in college football. He'll be able to come to the NFL on his own terms as opposed to leaping @ the first opportunity thrown his way. Given that, I don't see him coming to Buffalo, as much as I'd like to see that happen. After all, not only did he coach under Belichick (as did Nick Saban), but he also was a highly regarded OFFENSIVE LINE coach!

Guest BackInDaDay
even if Pete Carroll came back to the NFL and won 10 consecutive championships and the Bills went 10 seasons without a single win, and Carroll said he would come to Buffal to coach the Bills for free, I would say, "no freakin' way!".

529345[/snapback]

Wasn't he once our DB coach?

Guest BackInDaDay
yes...i think back in the Hank Bullugh or Kay Stehpenson days.  (??)

529353[/snapback]

Geez, they weren't DBs, they were toll collectors! ;)

• Buffalo, Mike Mularkey (approval rating): The only way there is a change here is if Ralph Wilson, the owner, isn't happy with the personnel direction of the team and fires Tom Donahoe. Wilson likes head coach Mike Mularkey. The move from Drew Bledsoe to J.P. Losman didn't result in a playoff run, and that's disturbing to Wilson. Age is creeping in on defense. Although there might be thoughts of a change, both Mularkey and Donahoe will likely be back next season.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Another problem is that there will probably be all sorts of openings for head coaches at more attractive places.  Clayton seems to think half the NFL will be looking for coaches.

coaching changes?

529366[/snapback]

Not worried. Here is the competion:

K.C. -- decent team, good attendance -- the only team I could see as being more attractive.

Ravens -- the offense is fixable with a new QB -- but Billick won't get canned

Raiders -- the only guy Al Davis could to take the team two years ago

The Vikes are still a mess, plus Tice just may owe his life to Brad Johnson

Saints -- same story every year, and Haslett always survives -- but this is a team with a home, seemingly destined to relocate and bound to be a mess for a while

Texans -- good city to be in, but the whole roster needs to be scrapped.