The bottom line

30dive

What happened to Modrak's brillance?  Great talent evaluator he's turned into.  Bargain basement signings must stop.

529386[/snapback]

The bargain basement signings are still needed.

The Bills should just not be hallucinating that these signings are upgrades.

The bargain basement signings are still needed.

The Bills should just not be hallucinating that these signings are upgrades.

529477[/snapback]

Depends:

Marcus Price, backup OT: good bargain basement signing.

Bennie Anderson, starting OG/turnstile: very, very BAD bargain basement signing.

You're telling me that if there is a speedy 5'9 reciever sitting there in the 1st round when we pick you want TD to pass on him and draft some big offensive lineman?

529442[/snapback]

If Moulds gets run out of town, we're going to need a WR.....

JDG

Exactly.

There's some decent talent @ the top in regards to safety, but there isn't much depth.  We'll either get one of the top prospects or go fishing for another late round bargain.  I sure hope it's the former and not the latter.

529455[/snapback]

Yep - I recall your pointing out that need last year. With the way the game is played today, that position has returned to prominence after several years of relegation to the lower draft rounds.

Yep - I recall your pointing out that need last year. With the way the game is played today, that position has returned to prominence after several years of relegation to the lower draft rounds.

529502[/snapback]

Too bad the guy I liked, Madieu Williams, is battling injuries for Cincy. He looks like a solid safety if he finds a way to stay healthy.

Too bad the guy I liked, Madieu Williams, is battling injuries for Cincy.  He looks like a solid safety if he finds a way to stay healthy.

529506[/snapback]

I haven't heard anything (not that one hears much) that says he won't recover.

It was a big loss - as I opined earlier, that kid was starting to remind me of Rod Woodson. Lofty praise, I know...

I haven't heard anything (not that one hears much) that says he won't recover.

It was a big loss - as I opined earlier, that kid was starting to remind me of Rod Woodson. Lofty praise, I know...

529545[/snapback]

Yeah, that's a tad bit lofty.

I actually got to see him play a couple of times, as I have a friend who has Terps season tickets. He was very impressive in his last year @ Maryland.

is that ourline is at the bottom of everything.  Yes get a new GM hell even get a new head coach, but do not even think about picking up another skill player in the draft.  We need big tough EXPERIENCED o-linemen to work for coach McNally (sp?). We weill NEVER win a championship without a line to protect what is a stable of some pretty good skill players.

529282[/snapback]

No doubt about that. Yesterday I went to the Vikings game in Minnesota. In my opinion, that stadium is louder than Arrowhead. Anyway, when you give the quarterback time to throw, he's going to find open receivers, part of the reason why Minnesota has won 6 in a row. That's what I would like to see from the Bills. 2 to 3 experienced offensive lineman that have starting experience for more than a season would make this situation a little easier.

Welcome to the point of view of people such as myself and Bill from NYC for the past 3 years plus.  We concur w/ what you say.

529358[/snapback]

That has been my feeling as well for some time (although I think we are going to have to do something about getting a 2nd reciever this year)

With the exception of Preston...I have seen NO attempt to make our line dominant.....it better happen this offseason

I think we all agree with your thinking. We want TD and MM fired because they have failed to do exactly that. We want someone who values a quality OL and DL when it comes to draft time and FA signing time.

529769[/snapback]

Bingo. We want a team that values winning a game the right way -- without having to rely on trick plays.

I don't think it's necessarily the method that's the problem.  Going the free agency route has worked for numerous teams........who can evaluate talent.

529372[/snapback]

What you are forgetting, is that those teams(St. LOuis, Baltimore, Tampa, etc...) used free agency to supplement a team that drafted in the top 5 for a few years first.

this has been my mantra forever as well.

i will always go back to the Redskins of the late 80's and early 90's.

This team won 3 Super Bowls with Joe Theeezmen, Doug Williams, (who was actually the best of the three QB's) and Mark Rypien.  Went to the playoffs with Jay Schreoder, Stan Humphries....etc..etc.

These guys were all Average QB's at best....yet with the best offensive line in the league they were perpetual playoff contenders.

529384[/snapback]

Yeah, but thats a bad example. Youre talking about teams in the PRE free agency era, when you could draft, build and most important, MAINTAIN a line for a long period of time. Such a philosophy borders on impossible in today's NFL.

Yeah, but thats a bad example. Youre talking about teams in the PRE free agency era, when you could draft, build and most important, MAINTAIN a line for a long period of time. Such a philosophy borders on impossible in today's NFL.

529802[/snapback]

Tell that to the Colts.

Their line's been pretty much the same the past 5+ seasons.

You're telling me that if there is a speedy 5'9 reciever sitting there in the 1st round when we pick you want TD to pass on him and draft some big offensive lineman?

529442[/snapback]

Sounds like a plan. Nothing like a speedy receiver 30 yards down the field making his cut and looking at the quarterback lying flat on his back. He can make it to the pro bowl if he really shines during the 10 minutes a half that we have the ball because we can't stop the opposing offense. :doh:

What you are forgetting, is that those teams(St. LOuis, Baltimore, Tampa, etc...) used free agency to supplement a team that drafted in the top 5 for a few years first.

529784[/snapback]

Kinda goes back to that whole "evaluating talent" thing, doesn't it?