A VERY Sobering Fact

R. Rich

I was reading an editorial from the Erie Times ("Garbage Time"). Here's the quote that really stood out for me:

If the Jaguars and Bengals stand pat and make the playoffs this year, every team in the NFL (barring the expansion Texans) will have made the playoffs during Donahoe’s tenure in Buffalo.

Scary, isn't it?

I was reading an editorial from the Erie Times ("Garbage Time").  Here's the quote that really stood out for me:

If the Jaguars and Bengals stand pat and make the playoffs this year, every team in the NFL (barring the expansion Texans) will have made the playoffs during Donahoe’s tenure in Buffalo.

Scary, isn't it?

529245[/snapback]

Incorrect.

He forgot the Saints, Cardinals, Lions, and Redskins (though the Skins could still make the playoffs this year).

But yes, the point is still strong - Tom Donahoe is a poor GM and should be fired no later than 3 weeks from now.

Avoid the rush. Do it now.

529256[/snapback]

I agree. Why wait? Most GMs are evaluating talent now for the dradft and next year's offseason moves. TD is as good as gone, so why delay the inevitable? Remove him now so he can have his dream job of ESPN analyst, and start the GM search before everyone else.

Damn.  That takes talent!  ;)

529388[/snapback]

Yup.

I've said it before: can the Bills just let us know which year of the Donahoe plan is the year we'll seriously contend for a title? We'll be able to relax then, since we'll know which year will be the target year. Maybe it just takes more than 5 years to rebuild.

The only other GM who is worse?  Matt Millen!  And he got an extension too.  Hmmm...RW lives in Detroit...Maybe there is a senility club out there!

529463[/snapback]

Let's not forget Charlie Casserley in Houston. I think he's done an awful job running that team.

Let's not forget Charlie Casserley in Houston.  I think he's done an awful job running that team.

529478[/snapback]

You are correct...but I thought Houston got a free pass since they were an "expansion" team. Anyway you look at it, the Bills over the last 5 years are in the bottom 5 teams as far as wins and losses go.

You are correct...but I thought Houston got a free pass since they were an "expansion" team.  Anyway you look at it, the Bills over the last 5 years are in the bottom 5 teams as far as wins and losses go.

529499[/snapback]

We're certainly not one of the top franchises, that's for sure.

You are correct...but I thought Houston got a free pass since they were an "expansion" team.  Anyway you look at it, the Bills over the last 5 years are in the bottom 5 teams as far as wins and losses go.

529499[/snapback]

Why do they get a pass because they're an expansion team? Last I checked, Jax and Car made the conference finals their second year in the league...

CW

We are the Cardinals of the east.

529391[/snapback]

Let's not go over the top here...... in the Donahoe era, the Cardinals have won 26 games. The Bills have won 30.

As bad as Donahoe has been, it could have been worse. That's an average of 5-11/6-10 each year vs. an average 6-10/7-9 each year. A small, but meaningful difference.

JDG

Why do they get a pass because they're an expansion team?  Last I checked, Jax and Car made the conference finals their second year in the league...

CW

529509[/snapback]

Wow. I knew Jacksonville did a good job of building by getting quality young players (amazing how having a staff that can evaluate talent, like Brunell, can make your team much better, isn't it?), but I forgot about Carolina's ability to put together a team so quickly. Who was the person that led that impressive expansion building effort?

Why do they get a pass because they're an expansion team?  Last I checked, Jax and Car made the conference finals their second year in the league...

CW

529509[/snapback]

After Carolina and Jax, the NFL substantially curtailed the "development assistance" awarded to Cleveland and Houston in comparison to what Carolina and Jax received.

JDG