Saw "Chronicles of Narnia" last night...

buckeyemike

I've been waiting to see this movie...it's been over 25 years since I've seen the cartoon series (and I only remember a couple of scenes from it).

Tilda Swinton is pure evil as the White Witch...she had the ability to mislead.

The kids were all pretty good, except I thought the one who played Edmund was wooden early on...but he improved as the movie progressed.

From what I understand, this movie is pretty faithful to the book...C.S. Lewis' step-son co-produced, so I'm sure he wanted to make sure that the film kept to the topic. I only remember the cartoon...never read the book.

This past summer, someone on this board asked if Disney realized that they're telling the story of Christ (through Aslan)...the allegory is very obvious. Disney mainly cares about money...and since it pulled in $67 million over the weekend, they probably see a few sequels in the future.

I would recommend this movie. Apparently, C.S. Lewis once said that the Narnia series would never translate well to film. Well, after LOTR, anything may be possible, and Narnia LW&W is a fine example.

Mike

I've been waiting to see this movie...it's been over 25 years since I've seen the cartoon series (and I only remember a couple of scenes from it).

Tilda Swinton is pure evil as the White Witch...she had the ability to mislead.

The kids were all pretty good, except I thought the one who played Edmund was wooden early on...but he improved as the movie progressed.

From what I understand, this movie is pretty faithful to the book...C.S. Lewis' step-son co-produced, so I'm sure he wanted to make sure that the film kept to the topic.  I only remember the cartoon...never read the book.

This past summer, someone on this board asked if Disney realized that they're telling the story of Christ (through Aslan)...the allegory is very obvious.  Disney mainly cares about money...and since it pulled in $67 million over the weekend, they probably see a few sequels in the future.

I would recommend this movie.  Apparently, C.S. Lewis once said that the Narnia series would never translate well to film.  Well, after LOTR, anything may be possible, and Narnia LW&W is a fine example.

Mike

529175[/snapback]

Were you wearing a Bills hat or a Browns hat when you saw it? ;)