Just a hunch...

muddy waters

If Modrak becomes GM, I would not be surprised if he hired Jim Haslett as his head coach. When Modrak was with the Eagles, word was that he wanted Haslett rather than Andy Reid as Eagles' coach, but he was overruled by others in the organization.

I think Haslett has at least another year in his Saints contract, but I can't imagine him staying there.

Haslett has not done much recently, but he is with a screwy organization. He might do well in Buffalo, a city that he loves and an owner he respects.

If Modrak becomes GM, I would not be surprised if he hired Jim Haslett as his head coach.  When Modrak was with the Eagles, word was that he wanted Haslett rather than Andy Reid as Eagles' coach, but he was overruled by others in the organization.

I think Haslett has at least another year in his Saints contract, but I can't imagine him staying there.

Haslett has not done much recently, but he is with a screwy organization. He might do well in Buffalo, a city that he loves and an owner he respects.

528629[/snapback]

Haslett is beyond burnt out at the moment. I'll pass.

At this point anything IS better.

I'm convinced MM is awful. We all know TD is awful. Is there any doubt we have the worst lines in football? Maybe Modrak can save us. Maybe not.

528644[/snapback]

anything is not better... i'll settle for nothing less than a proven winning coach. not some .500 career record, zero playoff wins, ex pittsburgh assistant, or a college retread... jeff fisher is expected to be leaving. jimmy johnson is available, and already "denying" rumors on national TV. i really don't want haslett, for the roid thing and for the saints thing.

anything is not better...  i'll settle for nothing less than a proven winning coach.  not some .500 career record, zero playoff wins, ex pittsburgh assistant, or a college retread...  jeff fisher is expected to be leaving.  jimmy johnson is available, and already "denying" rumors on national TV.  i really don't want haslett, for the roid thing and for the saints thing.

528660[/snapback]

How many Super Bowls has Haslett won as a head coach? How many playoff games?

OK, admittedly he has some experience as a head coach, so that's one thing he has going over the standard fare coaching experiments...

How many Super Bowls has Haslett won as a head coach?  How many playoff games?

OK, admittedly he has some experience as a head coach, so that's one thing he has going over the standard fare coaching experiments...

528672[/snapback]

haslett has won one playoff game, which is more than any bills coach has won in the past decade.

If Modrak becomes GM, I would not be surprised if he hired Jim Haslett as his head coach.  When Modrak was with the Eagles, word was that he wanted Haslett rather than Andy Reid as Eagles' coach, but he was overruled by others in the organization.

528629[/snapback]

LMFAO! Ya Reid sure sucked while in Philly huh? :D

no more ex-pittsburgh trash here PLEASE!

528647[/snapback]

He was with Pitts for TWO years as a DC. I'm not necessarily suggesting they hire JH, but are you suggesting they shouldn't hire anyone who's been to Pittsdburgh? What if they had a stop over on a cross-country flight? :D

IMO, Jim Haslett is/has been one of the very worst head coaches in the NFL for the last 5 years or so. The guy has barely matured since his punk days as a Buffalo Bills player. He is a hot head, who does, and says stupid things, time and again. Please, Ralph (and I know you are reading this) don't make Jim Haslett the next (or maybe last) Buffalo Bills coach that you hire. I might take him as a DC, but in no way do I want this goofball leading the Bills. His teams, year after year, are characterized with in-fighting, backstabbing and immaturity. Haslett does not cultivate a winning atmosphere. Maybe his days playing on some truly awful Bills teams damaged him too much.

At this point, I think LeBeau is more deserving of a "second chance" at being a head coach, than Haslett is. Crap, I would rather hire Dan Reeves than Haslett.