Where are all the Bledsoe bashers today?

Peter

If anything, this year has proven that DB was not the problem with the Bills.  In fact, DB's play just further exposes TD and MM for what they are. 

529066[/snapback]

He was a problem with the Bills, combined with the OL. As stated before , most here could differenciate between poor blocking and a poor play/decisions by DB. He had a good game yesterday and deserves his props. Yet he played poorly in recent weeks in close games. Next week, who knows ? Consistent ? Far from it. He did fumble again and had Patrick Surtain drop 2 INT's right in his hands.

I wasn't rooting for mediocrity and I'm glad he's gone.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't consider myself a DB basher.  However, you don't seriously believe THIS team would be better off with DB qt QB...do you?  That just defies logic, IMO.

529093[/snapback]

I think we'd be slightly better this year with Bledsoe, but only by a few wins, and probably not enough to make a playoff run (and definately not enough to win a playoff game).

The only point I'm making with my posts on the topic are that Bledsoe is far from washed up like the people who ran him out of town on this board said. The progression of posts has actually been rather amusing as bashers backpedal from "He should retire!" to "See, we told you he sucked!" to "Well, of course he played well the first couple of games, he can't win on the road though," to "Well, of course he won on the road, but he'll tank after 8 games," to, "Take your DB poster down, he doesn't play for us anymore!" ;)

CW

I think we'd be slightly better this year with Bledsoe, but only by a few wins, and probably not enough to make a playoff run (and definately not enough to win a playoff game).

The only point I'm making with my posts on the topic are that Bledsoe is far from washed up like the people who ran him out of town on this board said.  The progression of posts has actually been rather amusing as bashers backpedal from "He should retire!" to "See, we told you he sucked!" to "Well, of course he played well the first couple of games, he can't win on the road though," to "Well, of course he won on the road, but he'll tank after 8 games," to, "Take your DB poster down, he doesn't play for us anymore!"  ;)

CW

529495[/snapback]

Very funny.

The other point is that this year has illustrated that he was not the problem here. We have and have had a substandard line. TD and MM tried to make DB the scapegoat rather than address the real issues. They and we are paying the price.

It is nice that the guys that were calling for Drew's head finally can see how poor our line is.

To make matters worse, we let Pat go and our D-line has taken several steps back. We have holes to fill on both sides of the line.

The only point I'm making with my posts on the topic are that Bledsoe is far from washed up like the people who ran him out of town on this board said.  The progression of posts has actually been rather amusing as bashers backpedal from "He should retire!" to "See, we told you he sucked!" to "Well, of course he played well the first couple of games, he can't win on the road though," to "Well, of course he won on the road, but he'll tank after 8 games," to, "Take your DB poster down, he doesn't play for us anymore!"  ;)

CW

529495[/snapback]

I think the Bills would be 1 win better at best, and potentially even worse off with Drew Bledsoe. The guy has heart, but they are playing in a lame NFC, and I also recall the Bills beating the Cheifs recently too.

They are on a well coached team, but I don't see Dallas going too far this year.

Having Drew Bledsoe is kind of like having a big engine in your car. It works, but demands a lot of resources for week to week use.

I cannot believe we are still discussing Bledsoe after all these weeks and given all of the other problems with the Bills.

529530[/snapback]

Because it's more fun to constantly bash MM/TD (and sometimes EM/MW) in 73 separate threads...? ;)

CW

We choose to go for future and that's a good thing.  However, when Bledsoe has time to throw, he's still as good as anyone in the league.

529551[/snapback]

No arguments there.

But given Teflon Tom's failures building a OL and giving Drew a solid TE to throw to, it was NEVER, EVER going to work long term in Buffalo.

Every time Bledsoe has a good game, his defenders say, "see, I told you so". But if you look at the overall track record of Bledsoe, you find a guy who makes mistakes that ultimately kill you. That's not to say the Bills should have gotten rid of him while promoting a huge question mark who didn't exactly earn the starting job over Bledsoe.

We choose to go for future and that's a good thing.  However, when Bledsoe has time to throw, he's still as good as anyone in the league.

529551[/snapback]

No he's not. Even if he has all day, he's not in the same league with the upper echelon quarterbacks (Brady, Manning, McNabb, Palmer) because he still makes some very bad decisions.

I don't consider myself a DB basher.  However, you don't seriously believe THIS team would be better off with DB qt QB...do you?  That just defies logic, IMO.

529093[/snapback]

Good point. THIS team never could understand that a Drew Bledsoe can be a great offense...but Drew needs great pass blocking and stud tight end of the Coates, Shockley, Witten mode. That wasn't Drew's fault...its like John Rauch taking a rookie OJ Simpson and trying to make a flanker out of him.

No he's not.  Even if he has all day, he's not in the same league with the upper echelon quarterbacks (Brady, Manning, McNabb, Palmer) because he still makes some very bad decisions.

529563[/snapback]

Look at the his numbers over his career, especially when you look back when he had good offensive lines. Some of his career numbers are in the top 10 in the NFL all time.

No he's not.  Even if he has all day, he's not in the same league with the upper echelon quarterbacks (Brady, Manning, McNabb, Palmer) because he still makes some very bad decisions.

529563[/snapback]

And Brady, Manning, and McNabb have all been known to occasionally play decent on the road.

JDG

I cannot believe we are still discussing Bledsoe after all these weeks and given all of the other problems with the Bills.

529530[/snapback]

Agreed...Doug Flutie was playing for the Patriots yesterday!!!!!! Who was it that wanted Flutie to play against the Titans? Was it Ralph or Wade? ;)

Look at the his numbers over his career, especially when you look back when he had good offensive lines.  Some of his career numbers are in the top 10 in the NFL all time.

529586[/snapback]

Bledsoe certainly has his problems (he is still good for one bad decision or fumble per game it seems), but he can still make throws that maybe only 2 or 3 other QB's in the leauge can make...I have no problem rooting for him, and I also have no problem realizing that he, and the Bills were just a bad match at this point...I also think that a lot of those who are predicting certain failure for he, and the Cowboys, week after week, are not necessarily watching them, and are just making assumptions.

We all know he needs to get great protection to succeed. His play has been erratic the last few weeks (although he is still making plays), because the Cowboys line has been hit by injuries. They are forced to leave a back in the backfield, to block for him, on most plays, limiting the number of options he has to throw to.