Willis is terrible this year

Clockwork

How can he get five yards when he is being tackled when the ball is being handed to him most of the time. The OL doesn't create any holes. Thus not to many big games.

528125[/snapback]

Playmakers do something about it. Certainly he wasnt being hit behind the line on every carry.

Playmakers do something about it.  Certainly he wasnt being hit behind the line on every carry.

528127[/snapback]

Do me a favor...get in a 3 point stance, and run into the nearest wall 6-7 times. Tell me how many yards you gain. That will simulate what running behind our o-line is like. Willis isnt Bruschi © but hes a damn good back who has no blocking and no lanes to run through.

Thats why they are bad.

528126[/snapback]

This team is bad in many facets. There is no one person who stands out as THE cause of all the Bills' woes. Many people have had a hand in this train wreck of a season. The OL play is pretty bad, as I've said numerous times over the years, but Willis has had opportunities to do more than what he's done so far, and has come up short. So has everyone on the roster: nobody can say they've done their job day in and day out while the others have not. What needs to happen for this team to become competitive again is the Bills need to realize they have to make a lot of changes, but mainly in their approach to how the team is run. Once that is done, things will fall into place.

Do me a favor...get in a 3 point stance, and run into the nearest wall 6-7 times. Tell me how many yards you gain. That will simulate what running behind our o-line is like. Willis isnt Bruschi © but hes a damn good back who has no blocking and no lanes to run through.

528135[/snapback]

The line blows, no denying that. I love McGahee, but he doesnt have that talent to make something out of nothing. Special players do that, and Willis doesnt.

It is a testament to WM that he has as many yards as he has. Do you really think any RB would look good when first contact is so often BEHIND the line of scrimmage.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think that LT or anyone else would have much success behind this line. Our most successful RB in franchise history did not do much until the Bills put the electric company in front of him.

Moreover, a guy like Willis is someone who wears down the defense as the game goes along -- provided he gets enough carries. He only had 8 carries.

The longer the people on this board and (most importantly) OBD believe we have an adequate line, the longer we are going to live through this misery. Our line has been consistently horrible since the Jim Kelly years.

If Willis is only an Eddie George clone, or a back with average talent, why did we go through the trouble of spending a first round pick on him two years ago when we already had a capable Eddie George clone in Travis Henry?

I dunno...Larry Johnson was available in the draft, complete with a working knee also

528192[/snapback]

Larry Johnson runs behind Willie Roaf, Brian Waters, Casey Weigham, Will Shields, John Welbourne......

Like I stated the other day once Mike Williams was taken out of the lineup our run game has dropped off considerably. Add that to our anemic passing game, and constant 8 man fronts and well this is what you get.