Lyrics searching tied to MP3s?

Fezmid

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone uses any software that allows them to search lyrics of MP3s. I realize I can do a general search on google to find what song certains lyrics are from, but I'm looking for something that allows me to search only my MP3 collection for specific lyrics. I have so many songs that I can't always remember who sings what.

I've seen that there are some peices of software that do this, but I'm wondering if anyone has used any of them. I like using WinAmp to play my MP3s, so a solution within Winamp would be great.

Thanks <_<

CW

Try this <_<

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone uses any software that allows them to search lyrics of MP3s.  I realize I can do a general search on google to find what song certains lyrics are from, but I'm looking for something that allows me to search only my MP3 collection for specific lyrics.  I have so many songs that I can't always remember who sings what.

I've seen that there are some peices of software that do this, but I'm wondering if anyone has used any of them.  I like using WinAmp to play my MP3s, so a solution within Winamp would be great.

CW

526495[/snapback]

What does the RIAA have to say about this?

I don't think that the guy's software enables copyright infringement, but like the article said... they don't care. The RIAA is so short-sighted. They could have purchased this software, set up their own library and partnered with Yahoo and iTunes.

The stupidity is astounding.

What does the RIAA have to say about this?

I don't think that the guy's software enables copyright infringement, but like the article said... they don't care.  The RIAA is so short-sighted.  They could have purchased this software, set up their own library and partnered with Yahoo and iTunes.

The stupidity is astounding.

533326[/snapback]

Yeah, that's actually how I found the article I posted:

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20051214/2221204_F.shtml

Totally unbelievable. :lol:

CW

closest thing i know is www.song1.com they have a huge searchable database, just type the lyrics in and it'll bring up the song, artist(s) and years published for each song with the entered lyrics...i'm afraid it wont help you with searching your own collection tho :lol: