More BS

Rubes

"Actually, he wanted me to play, but at the same time we both felt that I didn't practice the whole week, so it wouldn't be fair to my teammates for me to go and play this Sunday. We kind of used the rule that if you don't practice, you don't play that week."

Whatever. Every week there are countless players that don't practice all week due to nagging injuries, and they still get to play on Sunday because they give the team the best opportunity to win. Just more BS. The whole damn thing has been BS.

Whatever. Every week there are countless players that don't practice all week due to nagging injuries, and they still get to play on Sunday because they give the team the best opportunity to win. Just more BS. The whole damn thing has been BS.

526287[/snapback]

Rubes, you know this is just an attempt by all parties to save face. Mularkey wanted Moulds gone for the year, Ralph had to come in and form some sort of compromise, and now they come up with this excuse so that Moulds doesn't have to answer questions about his wrong-doing. If it was just a matter of practice time, Moulds would be getting his $93,000 check this week.

By the way, since I haven't practiced yet this week, I also will not be suiting up for Sunday's game. I will be drinking in section 117 instead.

526287[/snapback]

Those players are at practice though and are privy to the game plan, even if they aren't practicing.

526287[/snapback]

AND...if that were the case, why suspend him without pay? Just list him as inactive. Like s'n'j said...a face-saving measure.

Those players are at practice though and are privy to the game plan, even if they aren't practicing.

That's correct. Since Moulds hasn't even attended practice, how is he to know his assignment on the Tackle Option pass where Peters rolls left (I assume he's right handed, so of course you have to have him roll to the left as NO ONE would expect that <_< ) w/ Parrish as his lead blocker w/ Shelton running a fly route.

Seriously, I imagine it puts you at a considerable disadvantage trying to assimilate that game plan w/o adequate exposure to it. (Perhaps almost as bad as if you don't put your best players on the field. :angry: )

That's correct.  Since Moulds hasn't even attended practice, how is he to know his assignment on the Tackle Option pass where Peters rolls left (I assume he's right handed, so of course you have to have him roll to the left as NO ONE would expect that <_< ) w/ Parrish as his lead blocker w/ Shelton running a fly route.

Seriously, I imagine it puts you at a considerable disadvantage trying to assimilate that game plan w/o adequate exposure to it.  (Perhaps almost as bad as if you don't put your best players on the field. :angry:  )

526397[/snapback]

It would take 15 minutes to explain the entire game plan in detail to Eric Moulds, and every single play they expected to run, and he would understand it and be able to execute it completely.

AND...if that were the case, why suspend him without pay?  Just list him as inactive.  Like s'n'j said...a face-saving measure.

526361[/snapback]

The whole thing smells. Lots of questions left unanswered:

What exactly did "excused from practice" actually mean? Moulds requested to have time off and coach granted it or is it that Mularkey mandated that he was not eligible to practice. I tend to think the latter.

Why the suspension? EM says in his latest interview that Wilson actually wanted him to play. How can you suspend a guy when you make a statement like that. As you said, if it were a matter of practice time - inactivate him.

Why isn't EM overly upset over the suspension and resulting loss of salary? He seems to be fairly ok with the way things ended up.

Probably won't know the answers for sure til next year when EM is on another team and more free to talk.

The whole thing smells.  Lots of questions left unanswered:

What exactly did "excused from practice" actually mean?  Moulds requested to have time off and coach granted it or is it that Mularkey mandated that he was not eligible to practice.  I tend to think the latter.

Why the suspension?  EM says in his latest interview that  Wilson actually wanted him to play.  How can you suspend a guy when you make a statement like that.  As you said, if it were a matter of practice time - inactivate him.

Why isn't EM overly upset over the suspension and resulting loss of salary?  He seems to be fairly ok with the way things ended up. 

Probably won't know the answers for sure til next year when EM is on another team and more free to talk.

526406[/snapback]

Excused from practice means the coaches knew or decided he should not be at practice, not the player just not showing up. That's exactly what happened and what it should be termed. The team excused Moulds from practice because he was likely to be suspended.

Moulds was suspended because he did something really bad and worthy of a one game suspension. Otherwise, he would be making a stink about this, his agent would be, Troy Vincent and the player's association would be. None of them are.

Moulds is okay with it because he knows he was wrong about not going back in the game. He doesn't want to appear to the fans or other teams he may be playing on that he is a hardhead or a problem or cancer. If he was really wronged and didn't do anything wrong, he would definitely be pissed about losing his salary. But he's not.

526287[/snapback]

EXACTLY....thats just what I thought....

"how is he to know his assignment on the Tackle Option pass where Peters rolls left (I assume he's right handed, so of course you have to have him roll to the left as NO ONE would expect that <_< ) w/ Parrish as his lead blocker w/ Shelton running a fly route.

BEST....POST....EVER! I'm laughing my a** off an people here at work are wondering what the heck is wrong with me!

That's correct.  Since Moulds hasn't even attended practice, how is he to know his assignment on the Tackle Option pass where Peters rolls left (I assume he's right handed, so of course you have to have him roll to the left as NO ONE would expect that :D ) w/ Parrish as his lead blocker w/ Shelton running a fly route.

526397[/snapback]

Oh sh----guess what we are going to see on fourth and 1 this week...thanks for nothing :P

They will secretly not list Moulds as inactive -- have him lay in wait in the Jim Kelly suite--then 4th quarter--down 2 points--last 2 minutes- 4th and 1-on the NE 10--Mularkey will run this play with Eric lining up as QB--handing the ball to #71 and rolling the other way on a circle route as primary receiver...its the element of surprise baby...