Can you be both a Republican/Conservative...

Maybe Bill is doing it to endear Hillary to New Yorkers outside of NYC

Maybe Golisano is doing it to attract moderate Democrats

Or myabe Bill just wants to watch a hockey game

526023[/snapback]

Sounds like Golisano is not so subtly sending a message to the NYS Republican party to take him seriously or he might look at other options...like the Democrats.

Threatening people with the NYS Democratic Party is hardly going to encourage anyone to take him seriously...

526182[/snapback]

I don't know...a number of New York governors in New York in recent memory have been democrats. Golisano has the bucks and the independents. May be a good combination.

I don't know...a number of New York governors in New York in recent memory have been democrats.  Golisano has the bucks and the independents.  May be a good combination.

526272[/snapback]

Exactly...what's the threat? "Support me...or I'll go talk to people who are in power and can really do something for me...hey, wait a minute...!" <_<

Exactly...what's the threat?  "Support me...or I'll go talk to people who are in power and can really do something for me...hey, wait a minute...!"  <_<

526322[/snapback]

I see it more like this. " I want to run for governor, and am the strongest potential candidate. You (Republicans) want someone else. I'm not necessarily going to run as an independent (been there and done that) but I might run with the Dems and bring my independents with me. That gives me a party that has won a number of statewide races (Senators and Attorney General) and a whole infrastructure that I didn't have as an independent. Of course I would like the Republican nod instead. Oh...by the way...I'm having Bill Clinton as my guest for a hockey game next week. "

Sounds like Golisano is not so subtly sending a message to the NYS Republican party to take him seriously or he might look at other options...like the Democrats.

526028[/snapback]

Elliot Spitzer already has the NYS Dems all lathered up for their victory party. They won't walk away from that one.