Has Donahoe already been fired?

Albany,n.y.

The last two GMs that were fired got theit walking papers during the season. Polian agreed to stay until the end of the season***. Butler or Ralph didn't make the same deal. In another post Rockpile asked where was TD and why Ralph came in from Detroit to handle the situation. Well, if TD is there in title only, having agreed to atay until the end of the season, it would answer his question.

***-When I was flying back from Super Bowl XXVII, I called my friend in Depew. a teacher at St. Francis, where Polians kids went to high school. He gave me the scoop, a few days before the official announcement. Polian had been fired in mid season, but agreed to stay with the team through the Super Bowl. The fact that he told me on Tuesday that Polian was fired and the team didn't announce it until a few days later leads me to conclude the part about Polian being fired mid season is accurate.

There simply is no evidence beyond theory to support this notion.  Could it possibly happen.  Yeah, well maybe coulda.

Is there any real reasons beyond theory to belive this has happened?

Naaaaahhh.

525931[/snapback]

yeah, its highly doubtful... This is the buffalo bills, not the CIA. I think we can all agree that he'll be at least fired as GM by the beginning of next season.

I am not saying he has been fired, but the question must be asked - where is Donahoe?

Isn't NOW when the VP and GM of the Buffalo Bills should be a dominant presence?

The 87 year old OWNER has to fly in to town to settle a problem with the hired help, and Mr. Q-Tip is invisible. :w00t:

Gifs moider! :pirate:

I think the theory that TD has already been canned is very plausible. But the question has to be this -- if this is the case, what is Mr. Wilson doing right now to prepare the team for next season? He needs to be pairing a list of canidates down to just two or three right now, so hecan make a move the day after the Bills lose to the Jests. I am sure there are plenty of qualified assistant GMs in the NFL just dying for a chance to take over a team like Buffalo. The Bills have some solid, young talent (IMHO) at some key positions (QB, RB, WR, FB, DB, KR, P); they are not in cap hell; they will have some very decent draft picks in April; and they have a strong fan attendance. This is a desirable team for future GMs. I think Ralph will open that wallet and grab us the best canidate out there this offseason.

I am not saying he has been fired, but the question must be asked - where is Donahoe?

Isn't NOW when the VP and GM of the Buffalo Bills should be a dominant presence?

The 87 year old OWNER has to fly in to town to settle a problem with the hired help, and Mr. Q-Tip is invisible.  :w00t:

Gifs moider!  :pirate:

525973[/snapback]

I agree. WHY would Ralph WIlson come into town to make this decision when Tom Donahoe supposedly has these responsibilities as President and GM? Where have been Tom Donahoes supportive comments or management of the issue.

I agree. I think Tom Donahoe is gone already.

One more thought from me, even if TD hasn't been fired, Ralph making this trip and demanding he himself had to meet with Moulds is a clear no confidence vote, as I see it, and as I would think TD sees it.

One more thought from me, even if TD hasn't been fired, Ralph making this trip and demanding he himself had to meet with Moulds is a clear no confidence vote, as I see it, and as I would think TD sees it.

526011[/snapback]

Or on the other hand Ralph could have learned something from the way Bruce, Andre and Thurmans careers ended in Buff. and flew into town out of respect to EM.

I agree. WHY would Ralph WIlson come into town to make this decision when Tom Donahoe supposedly has these responsibilities as President and GM?  Where have been Tom Donahoes supportive comments or management of the issue.

I agree. I think Tom Donahoe is gone already.

525993[/snapback]

If Tom Donahoe and Mike Mularkey had any real authority or respect, then Ralph wouldn't be the one dealing with the Moulds problem.

It reminds me of the end of the Pete Carroll era in New England when he had discipline problems with WR Terry Glenn. When Glenn had problems he would go over Carroll's head and deal with Bob Kraft and VP of personnel, Bobby Grier, because he was their pet pick. The last straw was when Glenn claimed to have the flu, didn't show up at Foxboro, and failed to get checked out by team doctors. Carroll suspended him for the last game of that season, and was fired by Kraft shortly thereafter.

Now I'm not saying that Eric Moulds' is anywhere near the problem child that Glenn was. Or that his issues are the same. My point is that when you have a player with problems dealing directly with an owner, it's a sign that the coach isn't considered the boss anymore and the handwriting is on the wall as far as the end of his tenure.

It doesn't sound like Donahoe is considered in charge either.

The Patriots didn't clean up their act until Kraft put Belichick solely in charge of player discipline and stopped meddling.

It doesn't sound like Donahoe is considered in charge either.

526065[/snapback]

I don't necessarily agree. As the longest tenured Bill and only link left with the SB teams, EM is not "just another guy" like Sam Adams in terms of his relationship with Ralph.

I have no problem with Ralph inserting himself into this issue and I think it's much ado about nothing anyway. As EM said, "I'm not TO" (or Terry Glenn for that matter).

Ralph got to hear a veteran players side of things and will now have this info to call on in making any decisions about TD/MM's future as well.

TD is signed thru 2008--not sure Ralph wants to pay 2 GMs for the next 3 years.  Also he probably doesn't want to pay 2 coaching staffs for the next couple years.

526180[/snapback]

And again, if these guys are hired by other teams, Ralphs obligation is minimized by whatever amount those teams pay. NFL personnel cannot double dip.