Is this franchise circling the drain?

And I'd hardly call the last six years "HORRIBLE football."  Again, 9-7 last year is hardly horrible, not that you could tell by what you read here.

524820[/snapback]

That's one BARELY winning season in the past 6.

Not a good percentage.

Some other results:

3-13

6-10

8-8

soon to be 4-12.

Do the math...

21-43.

Yeah, but the fans are being pissed and MAKING STUFF UP.  The Moulds thing is the perfect example -- it started with, "Assuming Moulds complained about not getting the ball," and has escalated to, "He sucks, get rid of the bum, he should shut his mouth!"  Nobody even knows what really happened, but people here are assuming they do and it's ridiculous.

And even when we were winning last year, people were STILL complaining.  I remember we crushed Arizona and people were complaining that it wasn't by enough points! If you read this board last year but didn't follow the team, you'd never know we were 9-7.

And I'd hardly call the last six years "HORRIBLE football."  Again, 9-7 last year is hardly horrible, not that you could tell by what you read here.

CW

PS: Were you being sarcastic with your response?  If so, I missed it and I appologize.

524820[/snapback]

We didn't win last week by enough points. :)

I think there are multiple levels of complaining.

There will always be grousing about not dominating the opponents, not getting respect around the leage or from the media or at the water cooler, etc., etc., etc.

Then there's the automatic gain-sayers who converse along these lines:

"The sky's blue."

"No it's not, you ass! It's covered in white clouds."

"Up your giggy! It's bright blue!"

"Go smoke some more you nimrod and try to make your mind up... again."

Another type is the bomb-throwing-pitchfork-carrying-torch-holding-lynch-mob-member who, like Coy Wire, just LOVE to pile on.

Face it. This is another moment of high drama at OBD. Many of the drama queens who adore The Bills - and who are as entitled as anybody to post here and freely express themselves - are finding it difficult to control themselves right now.

The right of a fan to second guess comes with each ticket purchased and every game watched on TV, listened to over the airwaves, and read about in the papers or that new Internet thingy. A fan with no opinion is a vegetable. A fan without an original opinion is an idiot. Actually, many fans WITH original opinions are idiots. But, they're entertaining for the most part - especially when they go through a meltdown.

Losing is like running a bearing without grease, and it takes a toll on everybody. So naturally the complaining grows louder and more frequent with a pattern of continual losing. The drama unfolding right now at OBD could become a China Syndrome meltdown of Ice age proportions. One thing's for sure, people are going to complain about the final outcome regardless of the way things finally go down. Hearing these various opinions doesn't bother me. I read or ignore what I want.

That's my 2¢.

Not a good percentage.

Some other results:

3-13

6-10

8-8

soon to be 4-12.

Do the math...

21-43.

524869[/snapback]

You're right, when you take out the season we had a winning record, we suck. :)

If you take our last 4 years, we're 27-32.

That's NOT horrible. It's not good, but it's far from "HORRIBLE" as you put it.

CW

Not a good percentage.

Some other results:

3-13

6-10

8-8

soon to be 4-12.

Do the math...

21-43.

524869[/snapback]

That's 21/64 or 0.328125

Man, if TD were a professional baseball player he'd make a ton of bucks batting 328! :)

You're right, when you take out the season we had a winning record, we suck.  :)

That's NOT horrible.  It's not good, but it's far from "HORRIBLE" as you put it.

CW

524919[/snapback]

that's not better than 8-8...no progress, no playoffs means horrible...the sun must shine in your world every single day, you are dangerously close to being a Pollyanna JMO.

Last I heard Dallas was hot in the playoff hunt and Bledsoe still a pro-bowl contender. Let's see how the last few games play out. I think Bledsoe with a Bledsoe offense is a winning combo. TD never gave him a Bledsoe office. Now I admit I might be proven wrong in the remaining games of the season because I think Parcells HAS given him the Bledsoe offense (great tight end and very good offensive line coupled with quality wide receivers.)

with Buffalo's o-line (that Donahoe has done such a stellar job of building), until they invent a rubber QB who can bounce off opposing line-man, no QB will do well in a Bills uniform.

JP had done well all things considered. Bledose was a pocket passer, hell of an arm, but was a sitting duck back there.

You're right, when you take out the season we had a winning record, we suck.  :)

That's NOT horrible.  It's not good, but it's far from "HORRIBLE" as you put it.

CW

524919[/snapback]

Wow.

That's all I can say is wow.

If you don't think a record of 5 games under .500 in 4 years is SUCK, then I don't know what to say to you.

There's got to be some bullets left in the ol' gun.

524560[/snapback]

Yep, but he occasionally shoots 'em at his own team! :)

Drew's 8 good games have already been used this season.

Interestingly..... over the last four years, the NFL average and NFL median for wins is 30. The Bills currently have 27 wins over the last four years, tied with Cincinnati (who may pass us) and the Jets (whom we might be able to pass). So, let's say we finish with one more win than the Jets down the stretch, that places us 23rd in the 32-team NFL over that stretch. Solidly below-average.

Toss in the 3-13 year, though, and suddenly Chicago, Washington, Oakland, and San Francisco all pass us, with Cleveland just one game behind us. So, add in that fifth year - and the Bills end up standing on the brink of Houston/Arizona/Detroit territory - the horror stories of the NFL.

Suffice to say, we haven't been good in a very long time - and just about everyone in the NFL save "the abysmal three" has had success of some sort or another during that time.

JDG

that's not better than 8-8...no progress, no playoffs means horrible...the sun must shine in your world every single day, you are dangerously close to being a Pollyanna JMO.

To me, near .500 is not HORRIBLE (his caps, not mine). It's not good, it might be considered bad, but HORRIBLE? No. The Cardinals, who have never won more than 7 games in the last 5 years could be considered HORRIBLE, but when you've been one game out of the playoffs two of the last three years (excluding this year), that's not HORRIBLE. It's bad, sad, disheartening, but not HORRIBLE.

Either that or I'm just not as negative as everyone else here. :)

CW

PS: I don't get the Pollyanna reference, not sure what that is...

Last I heard Dallas was hot in the playoff hunt and Bledsoe still a pro-bowl contender.  Let's see how the last few games play out.  I think Bledsoe with a Bledsoe offense is a winning combo.  TD never gave him a Bledsoe office.  Now I admit I might be proven wrong in the remaining games of the season because I think Parcells HAS given him the Bledsoe offense (great tight end and very good offensive line coupled with quality wide receivers.)

524934[/snapback]

Last I heard, Bledsoe couldn't win on the road....... where have I seen that film before????

JDG

To me, near .500 is not HORRIBLE (his caps, not mine).  It's not good, it might be considered bad, but HORRIBLE?  No.  The Cardinals, who have never won more than 7 games in the last 5 years could be considered HORRIBLE, but when you've been one game out of the playoffs two of the last three years (excluding this year), that's not HORRIBLE.  It's bad, sad, disheartening, but not HORRIBLE.

Either that or I'm just not as negative as everyone else here.  :)

CW

524973[/snapback]

I guess it's just semantics then...

Pollyanna

Last I heard Dallas was hot in the playoff hunt and Bledsoe still a pro-bowl contender.  Let's see how the last few games play out.  I think Bledsoe with a Bledsoe offense is a winning combo.  TD never gave him a Bledsoe office.  Now I admit I might be proven wrong in the remaining games of the season because I think Parcells HAS given him the Bledsoe offense (great tight end and very good offensive line coupled with quality wide receivers.)

524934[/snapback]

QB Rating 86.1 and falling fast...A 70 QB Rating over his last 6 Games...Road Games remaining at Washington and Carolina...

Like you said, we'll see after these next 4 Games...But you have to admit Bledsoe's 1st Year in Dallas is beginning to look VERY familiar... :)

To me, near .500 is not HORRIBLE (his caps, not mine).  It's not good, it might be considered bad, but HORRIBLE?  No.  The Cardinals, who have never won more than 7 games in the last 5 years could be considered HORRIBLE, but when you've been one game out of the playoffs two of the last three years (excluding this year), that's not HORRIBLE.  It's bad, sad, disheartening, but not HORRIBLE.

Either that or I'm just not as negative as everyone else here.  :)

CW

524973[/snapback]

Well, one man's horror is another man's entertaining novel, play or movie.

Kudos to you for trying gamely to remain upbeat in these trying times.

And yes, we noticed those sunglasses you're flashing are not rose colored. ;)

I wonder if The Bills will win this week.

Sometimes the unexpected happens when the poo hits the fan.

I doubt that EM's presence on the field this Sunday would make a difference of any sort. It's not like he's much of a threat anymore to brake a play for a big gain. Coach Billy is smart enough to realize EM-the-decoy in short order, and he's bright enough to make a first half adustment to exploit it - on the off chance that his film study of The Bills didn't already reveal it and he has a plan already in place.

[sarcasm]

Actually if EM did suit up this Sunday Coach Billy might leave him totally uncovered. It would take MM, TC and JP until late in the 4th Quarter to realize it and simply not enough time to adjust. ;)

[/sarcasm]