10 most hysteria-inducing moments on the board

what are the most hysteria-inducing moments in recent bills history?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. what are the most hysteria-inducing moments in recent bills history?

• eric moulds suspension
    • ruben b. suspension after alleged leap across table at gilbride
    • hiring of tom donohoe
    • trading for bledsoe
    • cutting bledsoe
    • flutie/johnson in the great qb debate of 2000
    • john butler's quitting/firing
    • george seifert airport sighting in january 04
    • home run forward lateral
    • just give it to 'em

I guess it could go under Moulds but why not a separate category for the obvious; the 20 point 4th quarter collapse that went down this past week. I haven't been a member nearly as long as most of the people here but its been pretty active since last Sunday. Even before the Moulds stuff started really coming out, it seemed like that game was the last straw for so many people and there have been countless "fire MM & TD, blow up the whole organization" type posts.

The whole week of the Milloy release/ signing was TBD insanity at its finest.

524652[/snapback]

Yeah I was looking for that one, but didn't see it. Instead I voted for Homerun Throwup.

The Milloy signing was actually one of the few moments in this board's history where the hysteria was unanimously POSITIVE. Remember those first 2 weeks of the 2003 season? Drew was a first-ballot Hall of Famer, TD was a genius, Gregg Williams was Bill Cowher, the Patriots were a 1-year fluke, and the Bills were Super Bowl bound :) .

Yeah I was looking for that one, but didn't see it. Instead I voted for Homerun Throwup.

The Milloy signing was actually one of the few moments in this board's history where the hysteria was unanimously POSITIVE. Remember those first 2 weeks of the 2003 season? Drew was a first-ballot Hall of Famer, TD was a genius, Gregg Williams was Bill Cowher, the Patriots were a 1-year fluke, and the Bills were Super Bowl bound  :) .

524742[/snapback]

i miss those days ;)

From my perspective, the only choice is Homerun Throwback.  It was the perfect storm.  Not only did we get back-doored by the officials, but it was the whole Rob lost/Flutie was screwed intertwined.

To put numbers on it (remember this was back in 1999), on really, really active days we would get 600 messages posted (small by today's standards).  On that day, we had 1200 in a few hours before we were turned off.  I estimated it would have been about a 2000 message day.  I got hate mail because I did not lease multiple servers and setup a distributive computing cluster for one playoff game (considering the perl code I was running it would have taken that much).

The day Johnson was announced over Flutie was large too.  That was in the dark days of Rivals.com.  Even with that piss-poor operation, we managed to get 250,000 page views in one day (I can only imagine what it would have been if the boards were responsive).  That was 5x the normal traffic back then.

524562[/snapback]

The day Johnson was announced over Flutie... you mean when Flutie was released by TD, or the Monday afternoon before Homejob Throwforward (as already mentioned by Petrino?) That's the one I was thinking of.

"Just give it to 'em" was pretty hot for a while, too, if not on the level of the post-Throwforward "Phil Luckett must DIE" vitriol...

From my perspective, the only choice is Homerun Throwback.  It was the perfect storm.  Not only did we get back-doored by the officials, but it was the whole Rob lost/Flutie was screwed intertwined.

To put numbers on it (remember this was back in 1999), on really, really active days we would get 600 messages posted (small by today's standards).  On that day, we had 1200 in a few hours before we were turned off.  I estimated it would have been about a 2000 message day.  I got hate mail because I did not lease multiple servers and setup a distributive computing cluster for one playoff game (considering the perl code I was running it would have taken that much).

The day Johnson was announced over Flutie was large too.  That was in the dark days of Rivals.com.  Even with that piss-poor operation, we managed to get 250,000 page views in one day (I can only imagine what it would have been if the boards were responsive).  That was 5x the normal traffic back then.

524562[/snapback]

That is a great story. Imagine, getting "hate mail" because people couldn't post anger and hate!? :) Too funny.

Since you mentioned Rivals, were they actually worth big money before they crashed?