What do you think?

buckeyemike

The Bills are obviously a team that is in disarray...it reminds me of what happened at least a couple of times with the Browns (under Belichick in the early 90s and under Butch Davis last year).

I really don't want to go through that again.

The Browns aren't very good right now either...but they have been competitive and playing hard for most of the year. I see little fire in the Buffalo Bills right now.

At one point this season, I said that the Browns were slowly starting to win me back. I see no reason why I can't be a big fan of both teams, but the Browns look like they're starting to get their act together. The main problem of the Cleveland Browns right now is bad luck (Winslow, Braylon Edwards, poor drafting, etc.).

I have also stated here that the Browns will probably win a Super Bowl sometime in the next decade. The Bills can do that, too, but it increasingly seems to me that this is an organization that is secretive when it has no reason to be. And one that is, for some inexplicable reason, increasingly alienating its fan base. Thank God Randy Lerner noticed the same thing was happening here in Cleveland...and he put a stop to it.

A side note to OBD: you guys run a football team. And not a very good football team at that. It's not like you're guarding nuclear secrets or the formula for Coca-Cola. I saw the same dang thing with Butch Davis here. It doesn't work!!!!.

Please note that this is not a good-bye note from me. I will still be around here. I enjoy this board, as I have for the past three years and nearly 3,000 posts. But, it may be time to support the hometown boys again. Moreso than the Bills. And it's possible that the Bills may come to Cleveland next year (they are scheduled in 2007).

The Bills have not lost a fan...but I see no reason for this team to act like it's guarding the Pentagon. Especially when the players are simply collecting their paychecks right now.

Mike

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills are obviously a team that is in disarray...it reminds me of what happened at least a couple of times with the Browns (under Belichick in the early 90s and under Butch Davis last year).

The Browns aren't very good right now either...but they have been competitive and playing hard for most of the year.  I see little fire in the Buffalo Bills right now.

At one point this season, I said that the Browns were slowly starting to win me back.  I see no reason why I can't be a big fan of both teams, but the Browns look like they're starting to get their act together.  The main problem of the Cleveland Browns right now is bad luck (Winslow, Braylon Edwards, poor drafting, etc.).

I have also stated here that the Browns will probably win a Super Bowl sometime in the next decade.  The Bills can do that, too, but it increasingly seems to me that this is an organization that is secretive when it has no reason to be.  And one that is, for some inexplicable reason, increasingly alienating its fan base.  Thank God Randy Lerner noticed the same thing was happening here in Cleveland...and he put a stop to it. 

A side note to OBD:  you guys run a football team.  And not a very good football team at that.  It's not like you're guarding nuclear secrets or the formula for Coca-Cola.  I saw the same dang thing with Butch Davis here.  It doesn't work!!!!.

Please note that this is not a good-bye note from me.  I will still be around here.  I enjoy this board, as I have for the past three years and nearly 3,000 posts.  But, it may be time to support the hometown boys again.  Moreso than the Bills.  And it's possible that the Bills may come to Cleveland next year (they are scheduled in 2007).

The Bills have not lost a fan...but I see no reason for this team to act like it's guarding the Pentagon.  Especially when the players are simply collecting their paychecks right now.

Mike

524326[/snapback]

If you have to ask, the answer is probably "Yes". But...will the Browns want you back? :devil:

The Browns aren't very good right now either...but they have been competitive and playing hard for most of the year.  I see little fire in the Buffalo Bills right now.

At one point this season, I said that the Browns were slowly starting to win me back.  I see no reason why I can't be a big fan of both teams, but the Browns look like they're starting to get their act together.  The main problem of the Cleveland Browns right now is bad luck (Winslow, Braylon Edwards, poor drafting, etc.).

I have also stated here that the Browns will probably win a Super Bowl sometime in the next decade.  The Bills can do that, too, but it increasingly seems to me that this is an organization that is secretive when it has no reason to be.  And one that is, for some inexplicable reason, increasingly alienating its fan base.  Thank God Randy Lerner noticed the same thing was happening here in Cleveland...and he put a stop to it. 

A side note to OBD:  you guys run a football team.  And not a very good football team at that.  It's not like you're guarding nuclear secrets or the formula for Coca-Cola.  I saw the same dang thing with Butch Davis here.  It doesn't work!!!!.

Please note that this is not a good-bye note from me.  I will still be around here.  I enjoy this board, as I have for the past three years and nearly 3,000 posts.  But, it may be time to support the hometown boys again.  Moreso than the Bills.  And it's possible that the Bills may come to Cleveland next year (they are scheduled in 2007).

The Bills have not lost a fan...but I see no reason for this team to act like it's guarding the Pentagon.  Especially when the players are simply collecting their paychecks right now.

Mike

524326[/snapback]

If thats what you wanna do then go for it, Your hometown team at least seems to be heading in the right direction

If you're looking for the good old days, these are them.

You'll be eighty years old in a rocking chair looking your great-great grand punks in the eye and you'll either be able to tell 'em, "Sonny, I shoulda f@cked that sheep!" or, "You punks don't know what it's like to suffer! I'LL tell you what sufferin is like!"

Clearly, it's your choice.

Why stop at Cleveland.  Hell if you're going to be a T-Bone, switch to Indy or Seattle, at least you can say "Your team" made it to the Super Bowl.

524535[/snapback]

sh--, if that's the criteria go to Dallas. I think they have been there more times than anyone.

First off, I'm not T-Bone. I don't think I've p!$$ed off anyone on this board as much as he did.

But, I thank you for your honest answers. And I will still be around here.

Again, I don't think there's any reason why I can't root for both the Bills and Browns.

Mike

First off, I'm not T-Bone.  I don't think I've p!$$ed off anyone on this board as much as he did.

But, I thank you for your honest answers.  And I will still be around here.

Again, I don't think there's any reason why I can't root for both the Bills and Browns.

Mike

524850[/snapback]

Sure ya can!

When the old All American Football conference broke up, folks in Buffalo rooted for the Browns before the Bills came into existence.

First off, I'm not T-Bone.  I don't think I've p!$$ed off anyone on this board as much as he did.

But, I thank you for your honest answers.  And I will still be around here.

Mike

524850[/snapback]

Can't work. I tried when I first moved to the District. Bought seasons for the Caps, but could never find the passion , really just never really cared how they did. Still loved hockey, could just never really root for the Caps.

But as you are a ex-pat from the original Browns, I will not give you as much chit here as some. Lord knows how I'd feel if the Bills moved.

Hey I do agree that the browns will compete next year. Frye looks better than Alex Smith if you ask me. All the browns need to do is find a running back (reggie bush?) and then they will have a very solid offense. Their defense doesn't look that bad, but could use some upgrades. At least the browns have some hope, but its not any more hope than a Bills team which has Losman, McGahee, Evans, and a usually solid defense.