Moulds to be suspended for rest of season

Stl Bills

Just saw this on Sportscenter...wow

524276[/snapback]

:D:(:devil::doh::doh::doh:

Um that sucks? That doesn't suck? Son of a..? He deserved it? Screw you, MM? Without knowing the story, I haven't a *clue* what to think about this one...

no crap, I wish I knew what to think anymore

524288[/snapback]

I think, no matter what happened, the situation could have somehow been handled better. I think. I don't know what Moulds did...and I don't really care, as this slow, gentle build-up to a suspension for reasons they won't share is BS even if the suspension is deserved.

If they suspend him for the year that's fuggin BULLSH*T. Moulds is a stud and has always been a team player. He works hard in the offseason, stays in top condition, and he's proud to be a Buffalo Bill. He deserves better than this.

What I read was that Moulds got yanked from the game, early on, in favor of Sam Aiken, because he was "playing ineffectively." Moulds was pissed. When Tyke Tolbert (the WR coach) later told Moulds to go back in to the game, he refused (hence Mularkey saying EM took himself out?), and got into a shouting match with Tolbert on the sideline...sounds like not all of EM's teammates have his back on this one...Troy Vincent sounds like he is siding with the coaches on this one...I only saw the game on tv, and didn't notice Moulds on the field at all, until much later in the game...did anyone see him in there early?

Anyways, this version of the story makes me feel a little better about Mularkeys' actions...

What I read was that Moulds got yanked from the game, early on, in favor of Sam Aiken, because he was "playing ineffectively."  Moulds was pissed.  When Tyke Tolbert (the WR coach) later told Moulds to go back in to the game, he refused (hence Mularkey saying EM took himself out?), and got into a shouting match with Tolbert on the sideline...sounds like not all of EM's teammates have his back on this one...Troy Vincent sounds like he is siding with the coaches on this one...I only saw the game on tv, and didn't notice Moulds on the field at all, until much later in the game...did anyone see him in there early? 

Anyways, this version of the story makes me feel a little better about Mularkeys' actions...

524594[/snapback]

I'm not sure which quote you're referring too, but this is the only thing from Vincent I've heard:

Safety Troy Vincent said he was unaware of Moulds' status, but added the team can't afford to lose a player of Moulds' caliber.

"Eric Moulds has proven himself as a fine football player," Vincent said. "Players of his quality give your team a chance to win every Sunday."

That doesn't sound like he's siding with management to me...

I'm not sure which quote you're referring too, but this is the only thing from Vincent I've heard:

That doesn't sound like he's siding with management to me...

524646[/snapback]

What I was referring to, from the Rochester News story posted on the wall:

Mularkey would not say whether Moulds was benched during Sunday's game against Miami or refused to go back in the game when called upon. Moulds' team record streak of 121 consecutive games with a reception ended versus the Dolphins. "They pay our salaries, and we are there to perform," said Buffalo safety Troy Vincent. "We are supposed to be professionals at all times on and off the field. When the club feels like we as players are employees doing something that may be detrimental to the club they can address it."

IMO, those are pretty strong words, particularly when you consider that he is the players' union rep....

Mularkey would not say whether Moulds was benched during Sunday's game against Miami or refused to go back in the game when called upon. Moulds' team record streak of 121 consecutive games with a reception ended versus the Dolphins. "They pay our salaries, and we are there to perform," said Buffalo safety Troy Vincent. "We are supposed to be professionals at all times on and off the field. When the club feels like we as players are employees doing something that may be detrimental to the club they can address it."

IMO, those are pretty strong words, particularly when you consider that he is the players' union rep....

524660[/snapback]

From CBS sportsline:

"I have not seen him do anything to warrant a suspension," said Bills free safety Troy Vincent, president of the NFL Players Association, who dealt personally with the Owens situation.

Vincent said he didn't notice Moulds and Tolbert engaged in an argument during the Dolphins' loss but that arguments between players and coaches are common.

"You hope it never happens," Vincent said. "But we're in a professional arena and personalities flare up time to time. Again, nobody wins in this situation and at this point in the season when we're looking for a win, we need everybody. We can't afford to lose good football payers and Eric's not just an average player, he's (been) a great player ever since he's been in the NFL."

524660[/snapback]

I have been silent on this issue until now. I have two simple points to make:

(1) A lot of people on this board have sided with Moulds. Guys, how can you side with Moulds, or Mularkey for that matter, when it has yet to be disclosed EXACTLY what happened? Wait until the complete story is told before taking sides.

(2) One of the things that our society sorely lacks is respect for authority. This is especially true in today's sporting leagues. We have several generations of (younger) people who have been raised to question authority. Sorry guys, but respect and submission to authority is a key cornerstone to any successful organization. Like it or not, the players should respect the authority of the coaches, you and I should respect the authority of our bosses, etc, etc, etc. At least Troy Vincent appears to be echoing a semblance of this principle. My father and his father are/were retired Army personnel...and respect for authority is something that they learned in the service and passed on to me. I would have to say, without reservation, that that has been one of their greatest legacy pieces left to me.

I have been silent on this issue until now.  I have two simple points to make:

(1) A lot of people on this board have sided with Moulds.  Guys, how can you side with Moulds, or Mularkey for that matter, when it has yet to be disclosed EXACTLY what happened?  Wait until the complete story is told before taking sides.

(2) One of the things that our society sorely lacks is respect for authority.  This is especially true in today's sporting leagues.  We have several generations of (younger) people who have been raised to question authority.  Sorry guys, but respect and submission to authority is a key cornerstone to any successful organization.  Like it or not, the players should respect the authority of the coaches, you and I should respect the authority of our bosses, etc, etc, etc.  At least Troy Vincent appears to be echoing a semblance of this principle.  My father and his father are/were retired Army personnel...and respect for authority is something that they learned in the service and passed on to me.  I would have to say, without reservation, that that has been one of their greatest legacy pieces left to me.

525034[/snapback]

Well, in part because the mere fact that we don't know exactly what happened also indicates that this was hardly a TO/Keyshawn/Moss-caliber type of incident. All signs point to it being reasonably small potatoes that Mularkey managed to blow-up into a full-grown circus.

JDG