53 guys 22 starters 1 ball

Fencesitter

Every team including champions (perhaps especially champions) is filled with guys who think they should get more playing time, more respect, and should be contributing more. Since you aren't likely to get a whole squad of All pros who possess the"just folow orders" attitude coaches dream about then coaching becomes about managing the egos in a way that the ongoing locker room soap opera doesn't derail the team goals. The locker room soap opera happens to every team-- some manage it better than others. One of the best ways to push it to the background it by winning--then everyone relaxes a little. Don't think the Super Bowl Bills didn't have their issues?

If Mike Tice somehow manages to sneak those Vikings into the playoffs this season he deserves Coach of the Year and a whole big bonus pack of Super Bowl tickets to scalp.

One of Paul Holgrem's greatest achievements was the way he held on in Seattle with a locker room, from what I've heard Hassleback say, was not keen on young Matt's Losman-like learning curve and Losman-like confidence in his abilities. Homgrem kept the messes from getting all publicly ugly like the Bills situation is now.

The worst part for me is, unlike the Eagles, this dispute need not have blown up. T.O. parked in Coach's parking spots and refused to open his playbook at meetings. Now that sort of insubordination has got to be pretty rare and definitely can't be tolerated. But as far as I see, the way management is failing the Bills isn't that Moulds/Mularkey have issues but that we are talking about them so much. Moulds has done nothing that shouldn't have been handled at a point BEFORE Mulkarkey needed to stonewall like he is. It is not about not having the fires, its about being able to put them out before they spread. Again, easy when you're winning, harder when you're losing. Really hard when you're losing and you have Terrell Owens.

If the management has lost control of the team then management change is called for because getting rid of one R. Brown, or one S. Adams, or one E. Moulds doesn't solve the problem and may worsen it.

Oh yeah, and calling fans jerks when the situation is starting to get out of control does not strike me as an effective "put out fires" kind of strategy.

Just one jerk's opinion.

If Mike Tice somehow manages to sneak those Vikings into the playoffs this season he deserves Coach of the Year and a whole big bonus pack of Super Bowl tickets to scalp.

524162[/snapback]

Look at Vikings' schedule, it's easier than Jags. Vikings should and will make to the playoffs, but Tice doesn't deserve to win any awards.