Nutjob Darwinized on Miami jetway

HopsGuy

Here's the story...

MIAMI - A passenger who claimed to have a bomb in a carry-on bag was shot to death in a confrontation Wednesday on a jetway at Miami International Airport, NBC News reported.

Homeland Security Department spokesman Brian Doyle said the plane had just arrived from Medellin, Colombia, when a passenger indicated he had a bomb in his carry-on bag.

Air marshals confronted the man, who ran into the jetway and ordered him to get on the ground. The passenger did not comply, then was shot when apparently reaching into the bag, Doyle said.

My emphasis.

What the hell kind of sentence structure is that?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knee-jerk second guessing and shifting blame to the Air Marshals in

THREE

TWO

ONE......

524345[/snapback]

Yeah, no sh--.... it will happen. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy's family tried suing.

You're on a plane, say you have a bomb, and then don't comply with air marshalls? What do you put on this guy's tombstone? "Yeah, we woulda shot him, too".

It's actually comforting to know the Marshalls came through in this situation.

Yeah, no sh--.... it will happen. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy's family tried suing.

You're on a plane, say you have a bomb, and then don't comply with air marshalls? What do you put on this guy's tombstone? "Yeah, we woulda shot him, too".

524352[/snapback]

Is it already time for my semi-annual "I agree with that idiot stojan" post? :D

The moral of the story is: when you freak out on an airplane and start claiming you have a bomb, don't disobey a direct and lawful order! Hell, if I ran off an airplane claiming I had a bomb and ignored the air marshalls and wasn't gunned down, my first question would be "What the hell is wrong with you idiots? Why the !@#$ didn't you shoot?"

By the way, nice sig. :devil:

524352[/snapback]

(Drum roll, please....) How long will it take? One day. One day was the correct answer. Thanks for playing.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/08/airplane.gunshot/index.html

(Drum roll, please....) How long will it take? One day. One day was the correct answer. Thanks for playing.

525324[/snapback]

Actually, Laura Zaun was doing her best to shift blame LAST NIGHT.

crazed man: "i have a bomb! i have a bomb!"

woman: "its ok. my poor husband, he's mentally ill, but a really nice guy."

air marshall: "well, i guess its ok then... "

crazed man: "i really do have a bomb!"

bomb: "boom!"

victims: "ow. we're dead. that sucks."

525324[/snapback]

"Man suffered from bipolar disorder."

Hell, I suffer from bipolar disorder, and if I claimed to have a bomb on a plane and ran from law enforcement while reaching into my bag, I'd expect to be shot. :flirt: Really...some actions have consequences, no matter what the excuse.

Hell, I suffer from bipolar disorder, and if I claimed to have a bomb on a plane and ran from law enforcement while reaching into my bag, I'd expect to be shot.  :flirt:  Really...some actions have consequences, no matter what the excuse.

525390[/snapback]

One of our FAVORITE colloqualisms is "You cant yell 'fire' in a crowded theater." People just LOVE to blurt that little tidbit out.

So some guy does JUST THAT, gets shot by two law enforcement officials going by the letter of "the book" and now look whats happenning. Excuses, shifting blame and what seems to be desperate attempts by the media, especially CNN, to punch holes in the story and make it something its not.

I guess you CAN yell fire in a crowded theater.

Hell, I suffer from bipolar disorder, and if I claimed to have a bomb on a plane and ran from law enforcement while reaching into my bag, I'd expect to be shot.  :flirt:  Really...some actions have consequences, no matter what the excuse.

525390[/snapback]

Are tyou taking your medicine, because sometimes it seems you aren't.

One of our FAVORITE colloqualisms is "You cant yell 'fire' in a crowded theater." People just LOVE to blurt that little tidbit out.

So some guy does JUST THAT, gets shot by two law enforcement officials going by the letter of "the book" and now look whats happenning. Excuses, shifting blame and what seems to be desperate attempts by the media, especially CNN, to punch holes in the story and make it something its not.

I guess you CAN yell fire in a crowded theater.

525411[/snapback]

Yet, for some reason, you CAN yell "Movie" in a crowded firehouse. Doesn't seem fair, somehow.

:flirt:

BTW, I think it's clear you still can't do what this guy did because...well...HE'S DEAD! I think the agents did the right thing (given the facts as we know them now). But it is also the right thing to investigate the incident to make sure the facts as we know them (disemenated mostly by the gov't and the cops) are, indeed, the right facts. A little dissent, controversy and investigation are not only a positive thing...but NECESSARY, IMO.

My guess is, in the end, this will be determined to be an unfortunate, but justified, shooting.

BTW, I agree with the Crappy Monkey...mostly. Crazy is one thing...crazy and endangering/threatening is another.