Great article

bills_fan

and how its done.  I'd LOVE to bring this scheme to Buffalo.  It would work so well, especially in the winter weather.  What about Rick Dennison (Broncs line coach) for OC next year?  Enjoy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApOn...v=tsn&type=lgns

523938[/snapback]

It also helps if you have an OL with a well-deserved reputation for crack backs and chop blocks, or a qb that runs like a scalded dog. B-)

Well, Atlanta's OL was mediocre before Gibbs coached them.  And JP can run around.

523981[/snapback]

Yes, but the cited teams have features a bit out of the norm. And there is only one club that I can say that I truly hate, and that's DEN for their record of cheap shots.

But I give them credit for the inside running game. It's nice to have a bit of a wide threat, but if you are powerful up the middle, the defense has to respect that and pull their players a bit towards the center - and that can give your recievers a free step or two away from the defenders.

Everybody likes to talk about how important the offensive tackles are, but from my view, get a good center and guards and you'll have a reliable and consistent inside game. That keeps your offense on the field and tires the opposing DL.

Pays dividends in the 4th quarter.

and how its done.  I'd LOVE to bring this scheme to Buffalo.  It would work so well, especially in the winter weather.  What about Rick Dennison (Broncs line coach) for OC next year?  Enjoy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApOn...v=tsn&type=lgns

523938[/snapback]

Dennison is the first decent idea I have seen here for a new coach. he would know Shanahan's system inside out. He's proven on the OL. Shanahan in that article says he's the smartest coach he's been with (whether that's true or just blowing smoke doesn't matter, obviously the guy is smart). I am not all for starting over again with a first year coach but the retreads available don't excite me much. Wyche could run the offense with him. JP could be the Plummer option.