Please explain this to me.

Guest BackInDaDay

Guest BackInDaDay

How did the player, whose opinion was so respected by TD and MM that it resulted in a personnel change at QB, become the player whose opinions get him suspended?

You really ought to think about that. B-)

How did the player, whose opinion was so respected by TD and MM that it resulted in a personnel change at QB, become the player whose opinions get him suspended?

You really ought to think about that.  B-)

523847[/snapback]

You're making the assumptons:

EM asked for a QB change

TD and MM made the QB changed based on EM's opinion.

What I think we KNOW is that EM made some COMMENT about the QB situation...and a change at QB was made subsequent to that comment. What you assume happened is quite a leap given what we know.

Explain this....

How can someone be a decoy by being sidelined?

523862[/snapback]

What? Huh? B-)

Did he mention decoy in this thread? Did MM, TD or EM mention decoy? What's with decoy?

BTW, for what it's worth, Decoy is not a bad little table wine from the esteemed Duckhorn family:

http://www.duckhorn.com/how_a_winery_operates/06_focus.php

Nice avatar, Keith. Is that your sister?

How can EM be villified like TO for expressing his opinion?

523880[/snapback]

IF he refused to go back in the game and IF he blew-off a meeting with MM, then that's certainly comparable to TO (with the volume turned down).

BTW, for what it's worth, Decoy is not a bad little table wine from the esteemed Duckhorn family:

523876[/snapback]

You might chase Danny Duckhorn's former winemaker Tom Rinaldi over to the new Provenance property in Rutherford- you'll find he's got an especially great touch with Rhone varietals.

You might chase Danny Duckhorn's former winemaker Tom Rinaldi over to the new Provenance property in Rutherford- you'll find he's got an especially great touch with Rhone varietals.

523888[/snapback]

I'll have to check it out. Thanks

What's this got to do with EM, MM, TD and Donald Duckhorn?

EM asked for a QB change

What I think we KNOW is that EM made some COMMENT about the QB situation...and a change at QB was made subsequent to that comment.  What you assume happened is quite a leap given what we know.

523857[/snapback]

Ooo, wait, I found another one:

EM is getting suspended for his opinion as opposed to some actual reason.

This is fun. Can you find any more assumptions?

Guest BackInDaDay

EM asked for a QB change

What I think we KNOW is that EM made some COMMENT about the QB situation...and a change at QB was made subsequent to that comment.  What you assume happened is quite a leap given what we know.

523857[/snapback]

My point is that Moulds opinion counted for nothing in the decision to start Holcomb, but yet there it was, all over the media how Moulds and other unnamed veterans were forcing the Bills' hand. Many TBD posters believe it to be so. Why?

Do you recall either the GM or HC emphatically denying that the move was made to placate these voices? I don't.

It could be as simple as TD and MM don't care about public opinion.

Or it could be that perpetuating the 'restless vets' story helped soften the blow of discarding an entire off-season's planning for a long-shot at backing into a home playoff game.

My point is that Moulds opinion counted for nothing in the decision to start Holcomb, but yet there it was, all over the media how Moulds and other unnamed veterans were forcing the Bills' hand.  Many TBD posters believe it to be so.  Why?

Do you recall either the GM or HC emphatically denying that the move was made to placate these voices?  I don't. 

It could be as simple as TD and MM don't care about public opinion.

Or it could be that perpetuating the 'restless vets' story helped soften the blow of discarding an entire off-season's planning for a long-shot at backing into a home playoff game.

524003[/snapback]

Well, my guess is MM cares vey little about public opinion, and good for him if that's the case. TD needs to care a little, as he is responsible for putting fannies in the seats. Neither of these guys feels it's necessary to share with us the inner workings of decision making at OBD. Actually, I give TC and MM credit for keeping internal stuff internal. I also think EM's done a good job of handling this situation.

The BIG problems are:

The team is underperforming

The team is not winning

Once those change, all this other stuff will be treated as the BS it is. But, as long as the team sucks big fat donkey-balls, this kind of stuff will be big news and will be subject to intense scutiny.

Just my 9 cents.

TD needs to care a little, as he is responsible for putting fannies in the seats.  Just my 9 cents.

524116[/snapback]

I only wish that the Bills cared as much about developing a quality team that can contend for a championship as much as they cared about "putting fannies in the seats".

"If you build it, they will come..."