Experiences at game

Wacka

I'm going to talk about the experience at the game today. It wasn't on here in the Bay area, so I won't get into specifics about the plays.

Woke up to raindrops today. It usually doesn't rain from April to October, so this was a bit early.

Poured for a few minutes at 9 AM and a few sprinkles at about 10 AM.

Met up with Marvaderr50, Ken Johnson (Pinto Ken), his wife and a few others. The Raiders fans in the lot near us were fine, talking intelligently about football and also partaking of bowling ball shots with us! That cherry liqueur Ken uses is deadly!

Got a bunch of Bills Sucks! and other epithets when we got to the stadium, but no one assaulted us there or in the bathrooms. The fans right around us were fine, but there was an a-hole in the next one that kept yelling F*** the Bills and Bills Suck. Even the people by us wanted to hit him. There was a 10-11 year old in that section and that guy yelling was probably his father.

Bunch of fans left when Oakland went up 13-3, but it ain't over till it's over. Walking out I got a lot more swearing directed at me- It has to be brutal when the Raiders lose. Had a meal after the game, a few more bowling ball shots were done and the cops started suggesting everyone pack up an hour after the game. 30 minutes later, they were making sure you left.

The black hole wasn't as loud as I thought it would be, and we were in the corner of the end zone next to it. I've heard it louder at RWS. The stadium is great for baseball, but is average to poor for football. You are closer to the action at RWS. The scoreboard operator had numerous problems keeping time and downs correct.

I wore my hat and jersey and the fears of getting beat up are unfounded. Just don't get drunk and be an a-hole and you'll be fine.

I'm going to talk about the experience at the game today. It wasn't on here in the Bay area, so I won't get into specifics about the plays.

Woke up to raindrops today. It usually doesn't rain from April to October, so this was a bit early.

Poured for a few minutes at 9 AM and a few sprinkles at about 10 AM.

Met up with Marvaderr50, Ken Johnson (Pinto Ken), his wife and a few others. The Raiders fans in the lot near us were fine, talking intelligently about football and also partaking of bowling ball shots with us! That cherry liqueur Ken uses is deadly!

Got a bunch of Bills Sucks! and other epithets when we got to the stadium, but no one assaulted us there or in the bathrooms. The fans right around us were fine, but there was an a-hole in the next one that kept yelling F*** the Bills and Bills Suck. Even the people by us wanted to hit him. There was a 10-11 year old in that section and that guy yelling was probably his father.

Bunch of fans left when Oakland went up 13-3, but it ain't over till it's over. Walking out I got a lot more swearing directed at me- It has to be brutal when the Raiders lose.  Had a meal after the game, a few more bowling ball shots were done and the cops started suggesting everyone pack up an hour after the game. 30 minutes later, they were making sure you left.

The black hole wasn't as loud as I thought it would be, and we were in the corner of the end zone next to it. I've heard it louder at RWS. The stadium is great for baseball, but is average to poor for football. You are closer to the action at RWS. The scoreboard operator had numerous problems  keeping time and downs correct.

I wore my hat and jersey and the fears of getting beat up are unfounded. Just don't get drunk and be an a-hole and you'll be fine.

37619[/snapback]

Oakland must be a kinder place. When the Raiders were at the Colisum in LA you would have been beaten or stabbed if not both.