Anyone have an idea for a holiday breakfast item

The Poojer

Y'all may laugh...but a good quiche works well at something like this. 

You can make it the night before and just reheat in the microwave when you get there. And I'll bet BiB has a recipe for that too! 

Or you can buy one at a decent grocery store.

523945[/snapback]

Real Men...and all that

B-)

Real Men...and all that

:devil:

523993[/snapback]

Should I add my smoked duck, leek and shittake/portobello quiche to Fezmid's recipe stash? One has to be willing to make the home made rosemary-thyme piecrust, though.

Anyway, here's the cranberry mimosa:

1/4 cup "plus" vodka

1/2 cup Champagne

1/2 cup cranberry juice

Crushed ice

2 strips orange zest, each about 1/4 inch wide and 2 inches long

Combine the vodka, Champagne, and juice in a large red wineglass. Add crushed ice and stir until the mixture is well chilled. Twist the orange strips over the glass, drop them in, and serve.

Yield: 1 cocktail

Should I add my smoked duck, leek and shittake/portobello quiche to Fezmid's recipe stash? One has to be willing to make the home made rosemary-thyme piecrust, though.

Anyway, here's the cranberry mimosa:

1/4 cup "plus" vodka

1/2 cup Champagne

1/2 cup cranberry juice

Crushed ice

2 strips orange zest, each about 1/4 inch wide and 2 inches long

Combine the vodka, Champagne, and juice in a large red wineglass. Add crushed ice and stir until the mixture is well chilled. Twist the orange strips over the glass, drop them in, and serve.

Yield: 1 cocktail

524315[/snapback]

Nice. The Dean is now thirsty. :devil:

Nice.  The Dean is now thirsty.  :devil:

524332[/snapback]

Play with the proportions to suit your tastes. You should be pretty shidd faced after the 5th or 6th experiment. I sometimes add a dash of fresh lime juice, instead of the orange. The peel is pretty well for presentation, if it sits too long in the drink, the oils make it bitter. Martini theory.

did a smoked salmon and cream cheeze retatta...errrr...fritatta. Glad I did not do the sugar toast as someone brought in both krispy kremes and french toast. But that is a weekend breakfast i am going to try!

Pooj - What did you bring?

Did you try the sugar toast.

-30-

526138[/snapback]

One of my favorite quiche recipes-

4 eggs

1 cup half and half

1/2 cup mayo

8 oz shredded cheese

salt and pepper

diced onion

filling of your choice

This quiche rock! Whenever I serve it people want the recipe

One of my favorite quiche recipes-

4 eggs

1 cup half and half

1/2 cup mayo

8 oz shredded cheese

salt and pepper

diced onion

filling of your choice

This quiche rock!  Whenever I serve it people want the recipe

526147[/snapback]

Mayo...never thought of that. Interesting touch. Another mayo hint - when making grilled cheese, or ruebens or whatever, spread a light coat of mayo on the outside of the bread before you grill.

Mayo...never thought of that. Interesting touch. Another mayo hint - when making grilled cheese, or ruebens or whatever, spread a light coat of mayo on the outside of the bread before you grill.

527129[/snapback]

In addition to butter?

In addition to butter?

527132[/snapback]

Brown in the butter, but don't spread it on the bread. The mayo gives a crispier surface, but not burnt. Home made mayo is best, because you get the texture and taste of the eggs, as well as the oils. But, Hellmans will do.

Mayo, not "Sandwich Spread".

Brown in the butter, but don't spread it on the bread. The mayo gives a crispier surface, but not burnt. Home made mayo is best, because you get the texture and taste of the eggs, as well as the oils. But, Hellmans will do.

Mayo, not "Sandwich Spread".

527164[/snapback]

Hmm, I've always just spread the butter on the bread when making grilled cheese. I'll have to try it this way next time.

CW

Hmm, I've always just spread the butter on the bread when making grilled cheese.  I'll have to try it this way next time.

CW

527166[/snapback]

Let me know what you think. I'm about to make a couple grilled bacon and swiss sammiches with some minestrone for lunch.