How about Steve Mariuchi for Head Coach ?

Ya know, last time Marv actually expressed an interest in the job.  He would need very good coordinators, to do the X and O stuff, but I don't think hiring Marv to serve as coach/CEO is such a bad idea.

522427[/snapback]

I heard on FOX Sports Radio, over the weekend, that Marv may end up, somehow (not as head coach) end up involved with the Detroit Lions. Personally, it doesn't make sense to me, just what they were saying...I think it was the Thompson brothers show...

Personally, Marv is still the man, as far as I an concerned. Age would definitely have to factor in.

I hear him on the radio from time to time, and he still sounds very lucid and sharp. However, I saw him on "Outside the Lines" a few months ago, and he looked noticably older. He had that sort of "shake" thing going that a lot of folks get when they start getting up there in years...I still think it is sort of shameful that he has been lobbying to get back in the NFL for at least 4 or 5 years now, and the Bills couldn't find some sort of job for him...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First off Mariucci has a TON of Head Coaching experience that includes big time Playoff Football...It's not like Millen helped the guy much...

522452[/snapback]

Millen's a meathead. Ford fired the wrong guy.

Millen's a meathead. Ford fired the wrong guy.

522494[/snapback]

I agree, but I also don't want Marriuci. I have heard numerous reports, since his firing, that the organization was a mess, and that Marriuci had no control over his players. It was what got him fired....apparently Millen warned him about it a few times, he said the right things, but nothing changed. I just don't think we need that. Plus, we have a very young offensive team.

Everytime the west coast offense doesn't work out, we hear the same tired excuse "this offense takes 5 years to learn." We have tried it, it was awful, we don't need to go down that path again. JP is coming along nicely, lets not bog him down in another offense that, IMO, will not take advantage of his strengths.

On top of all that, has anyone here watched the Lions this year? You think MM's play calling is questionable..... :)

Everytime the west coast offense doesn't work out, we hear the same tired excuse "this offense takes 5 years to learn."

522508[/snapback]

5 years indeed. All ya need is a darn good pass-catching rb, a decent tight end, good pulling guards, and receivers fast off the line who can turn back and face the qb.

Im for any coach that has some sort of proven NFL record. That would be refreshing for the Bills. They insist on going cheap and hiring noob head coaches who cut thier teeth learning with the Bills.

Im for any coach that has some sort of proven NFL record. That would be refreshing for the Bills. They insist on going cheap and hiring noob head coaches who cut thier teeth learning with the Bills.

522542[/snapback]

Yeah Mooch only went to the playoffs 4 out of 6 years in San Fran, won his division twice. A 57-39 record. 3-4 in the playoffs including a division playoff game. He was fired by the 49ers in January 2003 after a 10-6 record and winning the NFC's West Division because he wanted more control over personnel.

Sounds like the guys we need.

Yeah Mooch only went to the playoffs 4 out of 6 years in San Fran, won his division twice.  A 57-39 record.  3-4 in the playoffs including a division playoff game.  He was fired by the 49ers in January 2003 after a 10-6 record and winning the NFC's West Division because he wanted more control over personnel.

Sounds like the guys we need.

522554[/snapback]

Evidently, that's what the Lions thought... :D

5 years indeed. All ya need is a darn good pass-catching rb, a decent tight end, good pulling guards, and receivers fast off the line who can turn back and face the qb.

522541[/snapback]

Tom Moore, OC of the Colts...he has coached Manning from day one. Madden suggested him last night, and it got me thinking, how come nobody ever mentions him? I know he is getting old, at 67, but he appears to know what he is doing. He runs a great offensive game...

Tom Moore, OC of the Colts...he has coached Manning from day one.  Madden suggested him last night, and it got me thinking, how come nobody ever mentions him?  I know he is getting old, at 67, but he appears to know what he is doing.  He runs a great offensive game...

522575[/snapback]

Getting old tends to improve what one is doing... :D

Look at this year's hot/vogue teams....

NFC

Atlanta- Mora, Jr

Charlotte-Fox

Giants-Coughlin

Seattle-Holmgren

Bears - Lovie Smith

AFC

Indy-Dungy

Cincy-Lewis

San Diego-Schottenheimer

Denver-Shanahan

Jacksonville-Del Rio

There's no rhyme or reason--no young or old--no trend in terms of offense or defense--except that the young coaches (less than 6 years) seem have a D background and the experienced seem to trend toward an O background..

There is not a rule of thumb contrary to the black and white status theat some on the board try to put on this...

So whom.....

Honestly--I wouldn't mind this....

President- Russ Brandon

GM/Football Operations-Bob Ferguson--get him from the Seahawks--Give him the authority that Holmgren won't let him have in Seattle--hopefully he still has a soft place in his heart for Ralph.

HC - Choices: Dick LeBeau (he is the closest thing to Marv--failed in an impossible situation but an impressive guy); Dick Jauron; Kirk Ferentz; Jim Tressel; Jim Fassel; Mike Tgrovac (Panthers D Coordinator)...

Look at this year's hot/vogue teams....

NFC

Atlanta- Mora, Jr

Charlotte-Fox

Giants-Coughlin

Seattle-Holmgren

Bears - Lovie Smith

AFC

Indy-Dungy

Cincy-Lewis

San Diego-Schottenheimer

Denver-Shanahan

Jacksonville-Del Rio

There's no rhyme or reason--no young or old--no trend in terms of offense or defense--except that the young coaches (less than 6 years) seem have a D background and the experienced seem to trend toward an O background..

There is not a rule of thumb contrary to the black and white status theat some on the board try to put on this...

So whom.....

Honestly--I wouldn't mind this....

President- Russ Brandon

GM/Football Operations-Bob Ferguson--get him from the Seahawks--Give him the authority that Holmgren won't let him have in Seattle--hopefully he sill has a soft place in his heart for Ralph. 

HC - Choices: Dick LeBeau (he is the closest thing to Marv--failed in an impossible situation but an impressive guy); Dick Jauron; Kirk Ferentz; Jim Tressel; Jim Fassel; Mike Tgrovac (Panthers D Coordinator)...

522640[/snapback]

Not LeBeau. He's old-school and trusts a man at his word. He got slaughtered in his interim and full-year tenure as HC in Cincy. He won't do in today's "It's ALL About Me" world. :D