How about Steve Mariuchi for Head Coach ?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And can bring in a proven program. I'm not sure why he failed in Detroit. But he did good in San Fran.

522354[/snapback]

Nope. That's not going to happen. What we need is a good manager, one who undertands how the game works and how to mange a game in crucial situations. Maybe someone like Marv Levy.

As opposed to the intimidating verical game that we have now?

522413[/snapback]

JP has shown that he can hit the deep ball. So lets bring in someone that can take advantage of players strengths. I'm sick of this coaching staff not putting our players in position to win games. Steve M is just as bad as Mike M. IMO.

Yes I wouldn't mind it at all. JP is perfect for the west coast offense.

522361[/snapback]

JP is not perfect for the WC offense. The guy is a playmaker with a strong arm, somebody that works well when things break down and he can use his feet to buy more time. He is not a 3 step drop, plant and throw type of QB. This doesn't play to his strengths at all.

Well I admittedly have no earthly idea if the Bills talent matches the West Coast Offense and all that...

What I do know about Mariucci I mostly like...

First off Mariucci has a TON of Head Coaching experience that includes big time Playoff Football...He's a pretty fiery Guy in a positive way...And he comes from a pretty impressive lineage of NFL HC's...I know there are differing views on his stint in Detroit, but 3 consecutive 1st Round WR's? It's not like Millen helped the guy much...And many times it's just not a good idea to "Go Home." The expectations there were awfully hard for SM to fulfill...

I would take Mariucci in a heartbeat over MM purely due to NFL HC experience and nothing more...The Football minds that make decisions such as this would have to determine how the Bills current Talent would project, but I have a feeling Mooch will be successful somewhere else before it's all said and done... :)

Well I admittedly have no earthly idea if the Bills talent matches the West Coast Offense and all that...

What I do know about Mariucci I mostly like...

First off Mariucci has a TON of Head Coaching experience that includes big time Playoff Football...He's a pretty fiery Guy in a positive way...And he comes from a pretty impressive lineage of NFL HC's...I know there are differing views on his stint in Detroit, but 3 consecutive 1st Round WR's? It's not like Millen helped the guy much...And many times it's just not a good idea to "Go Home." The expectations there were awfully hard for SM to fulfill...

I would take Mariucci in a heartbeat over MM purely due to NFL HC experience and nothing more...The Football minds that make decisions such as this would have to determine how the Bills current Talent would project, but I have a feeling Mooch will be successful somewhere else before it's all said and done... :)

522452[/snapback]

If we switch coaches - and I'm not convinced that MM shouldn't stay, I think we need to bring in someone who can game day coach. Mooch isn't that guy. I like him - a lot. But, he's not what this team needs right now. We need someone who is mentally tough ala John Fox or Marvin Lewis or Parcells...not a Tom Coughlin type - whom I think is extreme - but someone from that same cloth you know?

Plus Mariucci is gonna install the West Coast. I think that's way too complicated for an improv type QB. It worked in Green Bay - but that was because Holmgren imposed his will on Favre after long battles...

I think we should hire Ron Wolf as GM and let him pick our coach. I like Dick Jauron. I also like Dick LeBeau. Plus LeBeau knows the terrritory here.

But, the guy I really, really want here - and I think we have a less than 25% chance of getting him is Jeff Fisher. The guy can flat out coach. His players respect him and if someone is not producing, he can push the right buttons to get them to where they need to be.

They just happen to be defensive coaches...I'm not opposed to offensive type coaches. I think anybody would have to be an idiot to let Wyche go in the midst of a damn good job of developing a young QB.