Roscoe as QB

SouthernMan

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but what the hell was that all about? - Roscoe Parrish lined up in the QB position, throwing a pass.

As CBS broadcasters Don & Steve pointed out, they were probably setting something up for a later play.

Gee...Ya think?

It was obvious to Don, Steve, me, and everyone else watching the stupidity of it.

So next week when they have the same lineup against the Patriots, they'll make it look like the same play, but wait... (Vinny Barbarino voice)... you're not gonna believe this....Roscoe will run or try to shovel off to a halfback. Boy, won't Belichik be surprised when that happens!!!! Not.

I like MM and I'm not giving up on him just yet as our coach, but geez, what can you say about the play calling but, "What a bunch of Mularkey".

I don't think the play was a set up for something else. I think they hoped that the Phins would stack the box against the play not expecting Roscoe to actually throw the ball. I'm sure MM line of thought was that If the WR can break the tackle of the CB it results in a TD.

As CBS broadcasters Don & Steve pointed out, they were probably setting something up for a later play.

Buffalo doesnt impress me as a team that sets up play sequences. They seem more like "Gee let's try this and see if it works."

Top 10 reasons why Parrish lined up at QB:

-Losman lost his helmet

-The coaching staff still believes it is pre-season

-MM wanted to trick the announcers into saying something stupid

-MM was actually 'setting up' the pass on 1st and goal from the 3

-not only is MM arrogant, he's stupid, and tried to show how "smart" he is

-for a brief moment, MM thought Bledoe was still on the team...

-MM wanted to distract attention from how poorly he handled the Moulds issue...

Sorry, this is the best I could come up with, but it has to be better than a Buffalo prevent defense....I'm home sick, if anyone else has too much time on their hands today, please add to the list...

There is no F*****G reason why that play had to be called! I still can't believe it! I would fire his sorry a** for that play - it's the straw that broke the camel's back....

I don't think the play was a set up for something else.  I think they hoped that the Phins would stack the box against the play not expecting Roscoe to actually throw the ball.  I'm sure MM line of thought was that If the WR can break the tackle of the CB it results in a TD.

521399[/snapback]

I think you are entirely correct. The Bills had blockers in position, but a phin made a good play and shut it down. Still, this team has a way of botching gadget plays and not knowing when is a good time to spring them.

Not to mention the guy is wearing a FREAKING CAST!!!!!  <_<

521402[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure it's just taped up to prevent his wrist from bending backwards on catches.

Roscoe got creamed by the punter on that one return. Good thing it wasn't a LB or safety, he may have been killed.

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but what the hell was that all about? - Roscoe Parrish lined up in the QB position, throwing a pass.

Gee...Ya think?

It was obvious to Don, Steve, me, and everyone else watching the stupidity of it.

So next week when they have the same lineup against the Patriots, they'll make it look like the same play, but wait... (Vinny Barbarino voice)... you're not gonna believe this....Roscoe will run or try to shovel off to a halfback. Boy, won't Belichik be surprised when that happens!!!! Not.

I like MM and I'm not giving up on him just yet as our coach, but geez, what can you say about the play calling but, "What a bunch of Mularkey".

521371[/snapback]

These types of plays are why Pitt fans were glad he left.

the play where JP fumbled, was supposed to be a backwards pass to Roscoe and he would then throw it deep.

when the ball was snapped, he dropped back a good 5 to 7 yards. but our O-Line !@#$ed up and let a guy come untouched.

the play where JP fumbled, was supposed to be a backwards pass to Roscoe and he would then throw it deep.

when the ball was snapped, he dropped back a good 5 to 7 yards. but our O-Line !@#$ed up and let a guy come untouched.

521527[/snapback]

You think? I thought it was going to be a flanker screen but you may be right.

521527[/snapback]

They didn't !@#$ up, that's what they always do.

521527[/snapback]

Awww man, I would've loved to have seen the explosion on the Stadium Wall if they ran that play and Roscoe got his pass picked off. That would've been great.